Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry for the negativity 09:32 - Nov 30 with 9059 viewsDyland

Can we nip the Carrow Rd is falling down song in the bud please? Tinpot, unimaginative rubbish, that doesn't even make much sense in the way the Man City one does. Yet!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sorry for the negativity on 10:21 - Nov 30 with 2179 viewsChris_ITFC

Some people really need to lighten up.

Anyone who helps to create atmosphere gets my vote! If it pokes some light-hearted fun at our rivals, even better. We’re not trying to win a knighthood for services to music and pomposity.
Sorry for the negativity on 10:22 - Nov 30 with 2159 viewsFunge

Sorry for the negativity on 10:18 - Nov 30 by pointofblue

3-0 up playing superb football. Shall we sing pro-Ipswich songs? Nope, let's go down the anti-Norwich route.

Both were sung, everyone had a pretty good time in the cold, and our lovely Millwall friends had a delightful trip back to Bermondsey through the freezing fog and, presumably, the centre of all those nondescript Essex towns like Witham cos the A12 was doubtless fooked.

A pleasant evening.

Peace, Love and Unity.
Sorry for the negativity on 10:23 - Nov 30 with 2151 viewsPinewoodblue

I doubt ant Norwich fan watching the game, on Sky, enjoyed it as much as we did watching their game the previous evening.

On chants much prefer “ Are you watching Carrow Road”,

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I don't disagree on 10:28 - Nov 30 with 2139 viewsDyland

Sorry for the negativity on 10:21 - Nov 30 by Chris_ITFC

Some people really need to lighten up.

Anyone who helps to create atmosphere gets my vote! If it pokes some light-hearted fun at our rivals, even better. We’re not trying to win a knighthood for services to music and pomposity.

Blue Action in particular deserve credit on that front.

Nonetheless, it is a diabolically sh1t chant :)

Sorry for the negativity on 10:33 - Nov 30 with 2121 viewsblueasfook

Sorry for the negativity on 10:16 - Nov 30 by mrfixit426

It's all just a bit if fun, isn't it? Surely that's what it's all about. Apart from the vile Delia song which I wish would just go away.

Yeah that one is unneccessary. Plus the Justin Fashanu one, oh and the one about the Norwich fan who got beheaded sticking his head out of the train. We've had some vile songs about Norwich in the past really!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Sorry for the negativity on 10:43 - Nov 30 with 2091 viewshomer_123

Sorry for the negativity on 09:58 - Nov 30 by lowhouseblue

though use of the phrase 'give your head a wobble' is even more of an embarrassment.

The irony of a nodding head at the end of that isn't lost on me.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sorry for the negativity on 11:03 - Nov 30 with 2066 viewslizzibee

Sorry for the negativity on 09:50 - Nov 30 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That will be a short list judging by this forum!

from what I've seen on another thread - very little left to sing....

I have no issue with the Norwich City, we're coming for you song - I see it as after years of dross we are coming to reclaim the title of pride of Anglia.
Sorry for the negativity on 11:44 - Nov 30 with 2015 viewsGeoffSentence

Sorry for the negativity on 09:36 - Nov 30 by SitfcB

I don’t personally sing it but I think people are looking at it in the wrong context.

Agree with this. The context is that we are coming for you on December 16th, and are confident of the win.

I find it puzzling that people get their knickers in a twist about what other people are singing, as long as it isn't racist, homophobic, mysoginistic or whatever then just sit back and let people enjoy themselves is what I say.

Edit: Missing "isn't" added, rotating the meaning of the last paragraph by 180 degrees.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 14:17]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry for the negativity on 12:37 - Nov 30 with 1961 viewsstonojnr

Sorry for the negativity on 09:34 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

Honestly, nothing will top the absolute embarrassment of 'Norwich City, we're coming for you'.

To each and every single fan who sang that last night, go and give your heads a massive wobble.

I heard it last night and knew someone would get upset about it on TWTD,lol, which actually made it more entertaining than normal
Sorry for the negativity on 12:42 - Nov 30 with 1945 viewsDanTheMan

Sorry for the negativity on 09:59 - Nov 30 by lowhouseblue

we could use judgemental instead?

Yes, that actually makes sense.

For what it's worth, they're not my favourite chants but they don't bother me.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sorry for the negativity on 12:45 - Nov 30 with 1928 viewsKieran_Knows

Sorry for the negativity on 11:03 - Nov 30 by lizzibee

from what I've seen on another thread - very little left to sing....

I have no issue with the Norwich City, we're coming for you song - I see it as after years of dross we are coming to reclaim the title of pride of Anglia.

Pathetic.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sorry for the negativity on 12:46 - Nov 30 with 1924 viewsKieran_Knows

Sorry for the negativity on 12:37 - Nov 30 by stonojnr

I heard it last night and knew someone would get upset about it on TWTD,lol, which actually made it more entertaining than normal

Better to say nothing at all and have the last laugh, than sing b*llocks for weeks and weeks and look d!ckheads on 16th December 'if' we lose.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sorry for the negativity on 12:53 - Nov 30 with 1896 viewsMattinLondon

Sorry for the negativity on 09:52 - Nov 30 by BuffaloBill

Exactly. This place is so woke these days "don't sing this, don't sing that, blah, blah, blah" it's tragic.

The opportunity in a few weeks to put one over the scum and The Preachers are out telling everyone what songs are deemed acceptable.

Though better of Dyland tbf. Arf

Didn’t realise that ‘The Manics’ supported Ipswich.

Bonus point for getting woke into your post.
Sorry for the negativity on 13:15 - Nov 30 with 1852 viewsfarkenhell

Sorry for the negativity on 11:44 - Nov 30 by GeoffSentence

Agree with this. The context is that we are coming for you on December 16th, and are confident of the win.

I find it puzzling that people get their knickers in a twist about what other people are singing, as long as it isn't racist, homophobic, mysoginistic or whatever then just sit back and let people enjoy themselves is what I say.

Edit: Missing "isn't" added, rotating the meaning of the last paragraph by 180 degrees.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 14:17]

You might want to edit that final paragraph!
I don't disagree on 13:33 - Nov 30 with 1826 viewsSlambo

I don't disagree on 10:28 - Nov 30 by Dyland

Blue Action in particular deserve credit on that front.

Nonetheless, it is a diabolically sh1t chant :)

Not a big fan of that chant either. When we started BA we wanted to avoid just limply copying what some 'big' club seems to be doing at that particular moment (see also: We've Got Super Kieran McKenna). But you've to get the balance right. It did sound pretty good against Swansea to be fair - and if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad, right? Hark Now Here and The Scum of Norwich City Went To Rome To See the Pope were just copied from big clubs back in the day; we also look more to Europe for chants, so it would be hypocritical to complain about ripping off chants from big clubs in England only to do the same thing from big clubs on the continent...

The main issue is how the chant is sung. Anything can sound good if everyone gets behind it. Another important thing is to run with a chant. Folk are too eager to blast out a chant for a verse and a chorus, maybe two, then just stop. You can have a hundred chants in your repertoire, but you're still going burn through them all really quickly and make everything seem repetitive. This hasn't been a massive issue in A Block, but it was happening last night. It's a good problem to have - it's just a side of effect of everyone being mad up for it. In time we'll harness that: recruit more group members which will make it easier to devise/implement more interesting chants and - crucially - give them a proper run...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Sorry for the negativity on 13:41 - Nov 30 with 1789 viewslizzibee

Sorry for the negativity on 12:45 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

Pathetic.

Pathetic why? We are coming for them on the 16th. If you dont like it, don't sing it but let those several thousand who do enjoy themselves.
Sorry for the negativity on 14:14 - Nov 30 with 1710 viewsBlueDouglas

Sorry for the negativity on 10:16 - Nov 30 by mrfixit426

It's all just a bit if fun, isn't it? Surely that's what it's all about. Apart from the vile Delia song which I wish would just go away.

Which Delia one are we talking about? The only Delia chant I've heard recently has been a funny one about mashed potatoes...
Sorry for the negativity on 14:16 - Nov 30 with 1706 viewsGeoffSentence

Sorry for the negativity on 13:15 - Nov 30 by farkenhell

You might want to edit that final paragraph!

Whoops! Made myself look like a bit of tlt there. Thanks for the heads up. Editor heere I come.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sorry for the negativity on 14:51 - Nov 30 with 1657 viewsITFCson

Sorry for the negativity on 10:07 - Nov 30 by Meadowlark

"have had"

Odd
I don't disagree on 15:12 - Nov 30 with 1638 viewsnorfsufblue

I don't disagree on 13:33 - Nov 30 by Slambo

Not a big fan of that chant either. When we started BA we wanted to avoid just limply copying what some 'big' club seems to be doing at that particular moment (see also: We've Got Super Kieran McKenna). But you've to get the balance right. It did sound pretty good against Swansea to be fair - and if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad, right? Hark Now Here and The Scum of Norwich City Went To Rome To See the Pope were just copied from big clubs back in the day; we also look more to Europe for chants, so it would be hypocritical to complain about ripping off chants from big clubs in England only to do the same thing from big clubs on the continent...

The main issue is how the chant is sung. Anything can sound good if everyone gets behind it. Another important thing is to run with a chant. Folk are too eager to blast out a chant for a verse and a chorus, maybe two, then just stop. You can have a hundred chants in your repertoire, but you're still going burn through them all really quickly and make everything seem repetitive. This hasn't been a massive issue in A Block, but it was happening last night. It's a good problem to have - it's just a side of effect of everyone being mad up for it. In time we'll harness that: recruit more group members which will make it easier to devise/implement more interesting chants and - crucially - give them a proper run...

For the umpteenth time learn and belt out Bringing on back the good times, tinker with it if you like but that should be an anthem we can all get behind uned Keiran McKenna.
Sorry for the negativity on 15:13 - Nov 30 with 1637 viewsWickets

Sorry for the negativity on 09:34 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

Honestly, nothing will top the absolute embarrassment of 'Norwich City, we're coming for you'.

To each and every single fan who sang that last night, go and give your heads a massive wobble.

Think Woofy and Burns enjoyed singing this after we got promoted! Or something very similar. All these rhythms should not be taken too seriously.
I don't disagree on 15:42 - Nov 30 with 1605 viewsxrayspecs

I don't disagree on 13:33 - Nov 30 by Slambo

Big thumbs up for what you guys are doing.

Can you lead by example and cut out the Delia and Fashanu songs. The former was clearly being led out of Section A at one point last night.
Sorry for the negativity on 16:23 - Nov 30 with 1560 viewsSouperJim

Moaning on here is definitely the way to get what you want

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

More an observation to see if anyone agrees Soupers on 18:25 - Nov 30 with 1480 viewsDyland

Sorry for the negativity on 16:23 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

Moaning on here is definitely the way to get what you want

Outside of telling anyone near me singing it to shut up, not sure what I'd do to get what I want. Not that I think it's important enough to get upset about. I guess I could boycott the club? :)

Oh Fungers you old tart on 18:37 - Nov 30 with 1446 viewsDyland

Sorry for the negativity on 10:09 - Nov 30 by Funge

Haha right!

We haven't played those pricks in far too long, and by all accounts they're not looking forward to it, at all.

(Dyllers, I take the wider point regarding lack of imagination, but I reckon a little leeway can be given, under the circumstances).

Fck Norwich, and fck Norfolk.

I don't mind Norfolk. Well, I mean I have some friends who live there. And the bassist in a band I was in thirty odd years ago was from Downham Market. Downham Market is kind of pretty, but was full of violent knuckle draggers.

Actually yeh, fook Norfolk. Arf :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024