Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry for the negativity 09:32 - Nov 30 with 9056 viewsDyland

Can we nip the Carrow Rd is falling down song in the bud please? Tinpot, unimaginative rubbish, that doesn't even make much sense in the way the Man City one does. Yet!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sorry for the negativity on 18:49 - Nov 30 with 1230 viewsBuhrer

Sorry for the negativity on 10:15 - Nov 30 by Gogs

What’s the tune for ‘don’t sing this, don’t sing that, blah, blah, blah’ please? I’ll try and get it going in the south stand on Saturday v Coventry

Ob la di, ob la da I reckon.
Sorry for the negativity on 19:17 - Nov 30 with 1192 viewsDubtractor

Wind it in Dyllers you bell.

FWIW I'm not a huge fan either, but I'm not too worried if others want to sing it, it's no drama really.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

More an observation to see if anyone agrees Soupers on 19:33 - Nov 30 with 1163 viewsSouperJim

More an observation to see if anyone agrees Soupers on 18:25 - Nov 30 by Dyland

Outside of telling anyone near me singing it to shut up, not sure what I'd do to get what I want. Not that I think it's important enough to get upset about. I guess I could boycott the club? :)

I reckon the best way to water down songs you don't like is to contribute towards replacing them with ones you do. After all, every song is just something someone came up with and started singing.

Personally I love this BA banger and wish more fans would pick it up:-

They came from
Rotterdam, Saint Etienne, Aberdeen and Rome
Madrid and Barcelona, we've never lost at home
Never lost at home

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

UYYSC on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 1160 viewsDyland

Sorry for the negativity on 19:17 - Nov 30 by Dubtractor

Wind it in Dyllers you bell.

FWIW I'm not a huge fan either, but I'm not too worried if others want to sing it, it's no drama really.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:38 - Nov 30 with 1162 viewsDyland

More an observation to see if anyone agrees Soupers on 19:33 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

I reckon the best way to water down songs you don't like is to contribute towards replacing them with ones you do. After all, every song is just something someone came up with and started singing.

Personally I love this BA banger and wish more fans would pick it up:-

They came from
Rotterdam, Saint Etienne, Aberdeen and Rome
Madrid and Barcelona, we've never lost at home
Never lost at home

And unique. Tis the point.

Can't I slag off sh1t chants without the Complaint Police coming out in force! Sheesh.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:46 - Nov 30 with 1142 viewsSouperJim

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:38 - Nov 30 by Dyland

Can't I slag off sh1t chants without the Complaint Police coming out in force! Sheesh.

You can, was just a bit taken aback when I came to dip my toe in the twtd waters following a cracking win, back to our best, and the place is littered with whinge ups about our songs.

I actually don't mind the one that bothers you so much. It's quite catchy!

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:49 - Nov 30 with 1127 viewsKieran_Knows

Mental isn’t it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:52 - Nov 30 with 1121 viewsSouperJim

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:49 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

Mental isn’t it?

Mental as in head-wobbling?

Login to get fewer ads

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:58 - Nov 30 with 1107 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:52 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

Mental as in head-wobbling?

My point still stands, thanks.

Sorry for the negativity on 20:00 - Nov 30 with 1104 viewsKieran_Knows

Sorry for the negativity on 09:58 - Nov 30 by lowhouseblue

though use of the phrase 'give your head a wobble' is even more of an embarrassment.

I said massive wobble, thanks for your reply.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:01 - Nov 30 with 1100 viewsSouperJim

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 19:58 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

My point still stands, thanks.

You made a point? Just looked like opinion to me.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:03 - Nov 30 with 1097 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:01 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

You made a point? Just looked like opinion to me.

We’ve got a smart arse, well in pal.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:05 - Nov 30 with 1090 viewsSouperJim

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:03 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

We’ve got a smart arse, well in pal.

Thanks, but I was serious. What's embarrassing about telling your rivals that they're in for a good kicking soon (on the pitch)? We've waited long enough.

Sorry for the negativity on 20:06 - Nov 30 with 1092 viewsKropotkin123

I love the "Norwich City, we're coming for you" chant. Harmless, and build the excitement and importance of the game from the fans perspective.

As others have said, I wish we'd drop the Delia one. Time to move on with the times.

Love Blue Action and the work they've done. even though I love abroad now, sounds great listening on TownTV. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Woke Snowflake ❄️

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:08 - Nov 30 with 1081 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:05 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

Thanks, but I was serious. What's embarrassing about telling your rivals that they're in for a good kicking soon (on the pitch)? We've waited long enough.

…. As I said in the thread earlier, I’d rather say nothing at all and have the last laugh, then spend weeks singing pathetic songs about them and looking like a bunch of d!clkheads ‘if’ we lose the game.

Maybe I’m just getting grumpy in my older age, but I just find it odd that we’re playing some of the best football in years and all we want to do is sing about Norwich (as has been pointed out by Dyland in this thread also).

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:14 - Nov 30 with 1071 viewsSouperJim

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:08 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

…. As I said in the thread earlier, I’d rather say nothing at all and have the last laugh, then spend weeks singing pathetic songs about them and looking like a bunch of d!clkheads ‘if’ we lose the game.

Maybe I’m just getting grumpy in my older age, but I just find it odd that we’re playing some of the best football in years and all we want to do is sing about Norwich (as has been pointed out by Dyland in this thread also).

There's no way they're beating us, but even if they did, why would you give a shiny one about the fact we goaded them before the game? Seems a weird thing to get anxious about.

I think saying "all we want to do" is a bit of an exaggeration. It was on sky, we were looking great and barely out of 2nd gear, it's the perfect opportunity to crow a bit at that lot up the road.

The rivalry will always be there, for your own sanity I'd try not to let it bother you. And we only crowed for about 20 minutes or so, then it was back to praising McKenna etc.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:23 - Nov 30 with 1066 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:14 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

There's no way they're beating us, but even if they did, why would you give a shiny one about the fact we goaded them before the game? Seems a weird thing to get anxious about.

I think saying "all we want to do" is a bit of an exaggeration. It was on sky, we were looking great and barely out of 2nd gear, it's the perfect opportunity to crow a bit at that lot up the road.

The rivalry will always be there, for your own sanity I'd try not to let it bother you. And we only crowed for about 20 minutes or so, then it was back to praising McKenna etc.

You do realise the form book goes completely out the window on Derby days don’t you? I admire people being confident, and they have every right too. But I’ll continue to play it safe until the day, if that’s okay with you?

It’s not an exaggeration, we’ve sang it at almost every single game this season. It’s just a weird obsession, in my OPINION.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:29 - Nov 30 with 1054 viewsSouperJim

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:23 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

You do realise the form book goes completely out the window on Derby days don’t you? I admire people being confident, and they have every right too. But I’ll continue to play it safe until the day, if that’s okay with you?

It’s not an exaggeration, we’ve sang it at almost every single game this season. It’s just a weird obsession, in my OPINION.

I would say form counts less, but completely out the window? Nah. Particularly when the rivalry is between the fans, but the respective squads have never faced each other.

Almost every single game? So not every single game? But almost? Neither are true btw. Again it's a rivalry, we've waited a while to get one over them. Hardly an obsession, just part of the rich tapestry that is football.

You do seem rather disproportionately put out by it tho.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:32 - Nov 30 with 1046 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:29 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

I would say form counts less, but completely out the window? Nah. Particularly when the rivalry is between the fans, but the respective squads have never faced each other.

Almost every single game? So not every single game? But almost? Neither are true btw. Again it's a rivalry, we've waited a while to get one over them. Hardly an obsession, just part of the rich tapestry that is football.

You do seem rather disproportionately put out by it tho.

What are you on about? You know full well the form book goes out the window for any Derby game, not just Town v Norwich.

Christ, some lad you are. It is an obsession, in my OPINION again.

I just find it a very pathetic song which has no real meaning to it? Sorry if that offends you.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:50 - Nov 30 with 1013 viewsSouperJim

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:32 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

What are you on about? You know full well the form book goes out the window for any Derby game, not just Town v Norwich.

Christ, some lad you are. It is an obsession, in my OPINION again.

I just find it a very pathetic song which has no real meaning to it? Sorry if that offends you.

Okay then. I'm not a lad or remotely offended but as you like, try to chill out a bit

Sorry for the negativity on 20:56 - Nov 30 with 1000 viewsbazza

Sorry for the negativity on 20:06 - Nov 30 by Kropotkin123

I love the "Norwich City, we're coming for you" chant. Harmless, and build the excitement and importance of the game from the fans perspective.

As others have said, I wish we'd drop the Delia one. Time to move on with the times.

Love Blue Action and the work they've done. even though I love abroad now, sounds great listening on TownTV. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Woke Snowflake ❄️

Couldn’t find the right women here in the uk?
Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:59 - Nov 30 with 995 viewsbazza

We sung about Norwich when we were sh@t.. may as well
Sing about them now we are good.. stop being a miserable
Old barsteward.
Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 21:17 - Nov 30 with 971 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:50 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

Okay then. I'm not a lad or remotely offended but as you like, try to chill out a bit

You’ve spent the last half hour debating with me, so it’s clearly bothered you as well eh?

Chill out? I’m fine thanks.

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 21:38 - Nov 30 with 949 viewsnorfsufblue

I came up with a second verse to this... well I think I did...

They came from
Rotterdam, St Ettiene, Aberdeen & Rome
Madrid & Barcelona
but we never lost at home

They came from
Alkmaar Bohemians Moscow & Cologne Inter and Athletico and we never lost at home
Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 22:07 - Nov 30 with 931 viewsstonojnr

well then maybe youre not old enough to remember what we sung at Wembley 2000, 4-2 up, promoted to the Premier league.

are you watching, are you watching, are you watching N...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024