Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry for the negativity 09:32 - Nov 30 with 9062 viewsDyland

Can we nip the Carrow Rd is falling down song in the bud please? Tinpot, unimaginative rubbish, that doesn't even make much sense in the way the Man City one does. Yet!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 01:05 - Dec 1 with 1117 viewslizzibee

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 22:07 - Nov 30 by stonojnr

well then maybe youre not old enough to remember what we sung at Wembley 2000, 4-2 up, promoted to the Premier league.

are you watching, are you watching, are you watching N...

I'd bring back - "if I had the wings of a sparrow, if I had the wings of a crow, I'd fly over narwich tomorrow and s**t on the b*****s below, below" and "one man went to war, wen t to war with Norwich"
No idea why people dont like us singing songs about them - its rivals and long may it continue

I'd take all these type of songs over the boring 'blue army' and 'we've got super Kieran mckenna'

Just my view
Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 06:55 - Dec 1 with 1064 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 01:05 - Dec 1 by lizzibee

I'd bring back - "if I had the wings of a sparrow, if I had the wings of a crow, I'd fly over narwich tomorrow and s**t on the b*****s below, below" and "one man went to war, wen t to war with Norwich"
No idea why people dont like us singing songs about them - its rivals and long may it continue

I'd take all these type of songs over the boring 'blue army' and 'we've got super Kieran mckenna'

Just my view

I honestly don’t care us singing songs about them, other than Norwich City were coming for you, which is just entirely tin pot.

Jesus wept.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 7:01]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sorry for the negativity on 08:26 - Dec 1 with 1026 viewsTresBonne

What is this obsession popping up with our chants? It's football, it's banter, clubs sing about their rivals, clubs sing about their own team, clubs sing about everyone else.
Sorry for the negativity on 11:20 - Dec 1 with 997 viewsTractorCam

Not a problem with the song, but it was being sung when we were losing at West Brom after they had just won which I found odd.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 13:56 - Dec 1 with 964 viewsDarkHorse

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 20:23 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

You do realise the form book goes completely out the window on Derby days don’t you? I admire people being confident, and they have every right too. But I’ll continue to play it safe until the day, if that’s okay with you?

It’s not an exaggeration, we’ve sang it at almost every single game this season. It’s just a weird obsession, in my OPINION.

"the form book goes completely out the window on Derby days"

Funny how it didn't when we were sh!t throughout the 2010's...
I don't disagree on 14:25 - Dec 1 with 944 viewsSlambo

I don't disagree on 15:42 - Nov 30 by xrayspecs

Big thumbs up for what you guys are doing.

Can you lead by example and cut out the Delia and Fashanu songs. The former was clearly being led out of Section A at one point last night.

Yep, can't stand that either. We have a lot of members now, but not got everyone in the block, so can't control everything that comes out of there. But as I said, the plan is to slowly recruit as many people in Block A as possible. The more we get, the more we can influence what gets sung and will hopefully herald the arrival of more imaginative and unique chants...

For the record, that Fashanu chant has NEVER emanated from a section Blue Action's in and nor will it...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 14:28 - Dec 1 with 936 viewsgiant_stow

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 01:05 - Dec 1 by lizzibee

Just my view

hey surely that "wings of" song is ours? hands off.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sorry for the negativity on 15:06 - Dec 1 with 915 viewsJackNorthStand

What are the words to the song?
Login to get fewer ads

More an observation to see if anyone agrees Soupers on 15:16 - Dec 1 with 896 viewsSlambo

More an observation to see if anyone agrees Soupers on 19:33 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

I reckon the best way to water down songs you don't like is to contribute towards replacing them with ones you do. After all, every song is just something someone came up with and started singing.

Personally I love this BA banger and wish more fans would pick it up:-

They came from
Rotterdam, Saint Etienne, Aberdeen and Rome
Madrid and Barcelona, we've never lost at home
Never lost at home

The Millwall game was a funny one. Midweek, later ko than usual, freezing cold weather. televised AND effectively game over after 10 minutes. All these factors conspired to make it pretty subdued in the section. Normally I start singing something and WHOOMPF 200 people join in and keep it rolling for a good 2-3 minutes. But people weren't joining in as much and certainly not for as long. Chants would flare up but die down just as quickly and, as they say, nature abhors a vaccum. So someone comes in with something - anything - just to get it going again. Case in point would be Never Lost At Home. We got that going for a few rounds, no-one had the passion to keep it rolling, it tailed off and then out of desperation someone came in with 'Norwich get battered, everywhere they go'. So it comes from a good place and i'd rather have a section full of lads CONSTANTLY trying to sing rather than a section full of people not trying at all. Remember also that we've introduced Never Lost At Home, Every Saturday We Follow and We Won the League in '62 over the last few years, so 'original' chants are coming through; got a new one we ripped off of Borussia Dortmund that that's been gaining some traction in the section - actually had a geezer all the way in NL section 5 asking what the words were - so keep on the socials for some vids of it...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Top boy Slammers on 17:07 - Dec 1 with 830 viewsDyland

More an observation to see if anyone agrees Soupers on 15:16 - Dec 1 by Slambo

The Millwall game was a funny one. Midweek, later ko than usual, freezing cold weather. televised AND effectively game over after 10 minutes. All these factors conspired to make it pretty subdued in the section. Normally I start singing something and WHOOMPF 200 people join in and keep it rolling for a good 2-3 minutes. But people weren't joining in as much and certainly not for as long. Chants would flare up but die down just as quickly and, as they say, nature abhors a vaccum. So someone comes in with something - anything - just to get it going again. Case in point would be Never Lost At Home. We got that going for a few rounds, no-one had the passion to keep it rolling, it tailed off and then out of desperation someone came in with 'Norwich get battered, everywhere they go'. So it comes from a good place and i'd rather have a section full of lads CONSTANTLY trying to sing rather than a section full of people not trying at all. Remember also that we've introduced Never Lost At Home, Every Saturday We Follow and We Won the League in '62 over the last few years, so 'original' chants are coming through; got a new one we ripped off of Borussia Dortmund that that's been gaining some traction in the section - actually had a geezer all the way in NL section 5 asking what the words were - so keep on the socials for some vids of it...

And for the record, cos some of the posters on this thread are inferring and exaggerating quite a bit (not you).... I would also much rather noise than none, even if it's numbnutted songs about Nodge :)

While I'm here though.... arf... I also shook my head when "we" were singing Paul Lambert is a blue, he hates Norwich. Paul Lambert being applauded for even the teensiest thing was embarrassing to me.

Anyway, on a positive note...! I really don't care that much, especially watching the Millwall highlights again. Massive arfs all the goals.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 21:58 - Dec 1 with 761 viewslizzibee

Yep agreed, that one's a banger indeed on 06:55 - Dec 1 by Kieran_Knows

I honestly don’t care us singing songs about them, other than Norwich City were coming for you, which is just entirely tin pot.

Jesus wept.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 7:01]

Then don't sing and let those who do want to sing. Quite simple really - freedom of speech/song.
I wont sing Blue Army as I find it bland and not anything to do with Ipswich
I don't disagree on 23:56 - Dec 1 with 717 viewsTresBonne

I don't disagree on 14:25 - Dec 1 by Slambo

Yep, can't stand that either. We have a lot of members now, but not got everyone in the block, so can't control everything that comes out of there. But as I said, the plan is to slowly recruit as many people in Block A as possible. The more we get, the more we can influence what gets sung and will hopefully herald the arrival of more imaginative and unique chants...

For the record, that Fashanu chant has NEVER emanated from a section Blue Action's in and nor will it...

To be honest, I have never actually heard that Fashanu chant although a mate told me the lyrics of it once, I think it's more of a myth than anything else. Don't get me wrong, anyone who tries to get that going is just a thick, homophobic numbskull and deserves to be filled in. But I've never actually heard it in or outside a ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024