Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. 19:36 - Nov 25 with 2622 viewsITFCBlues

He's going to miss 2 big games soon by getting himself stupid avoidable yellows.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 19:53 - Nov 25 with 2561 viewsFreddy

Hes on 8 now, think its 3 they miss when they hit 10?
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 19:54 - Nov 25 with 2553 viewsSarge

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 19:53 - Nov 25 by Freddy

Hes on 8 now, think its 3 they miss when they hit 10?

It’s two. So he needs to get himself booked in both of our next two games unfortunately or he’ll be missing Norwich and Leeds.
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 21:30 - Nov 25 with 2399 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Real concern.

Love Morsy but 8 yellows is a bit silly. Going to miss some crucial games

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 22:53 - Nov 25 with 2290 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 19:54 - Nov 25 by Sarge

It’s two. So he needs to get himself booked in both of our next two games unfortunately or he’ll be missing Norwich and Leeds.

Huddersfield away was a proper example as to how we struggle without him.
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 00:14 - Nov 26 with 2233 viewspointofblue

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 22:53 - Nov 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Huddersfield away was a proper example as to how we struggle without him.

Though we were worse today with him. But part of me thinks that that was because the midfield balance was all wrong - Luongo should have been there instead of Taylor.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 03:06 - Nov 26 with 2149 viewsitfctilidie

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 00:14 - Nov 26 by pointofblue

Though we were worse today with him. But part of me thinks that that was because the midfield balance was all wrong - Luongo should have been there instead of Taylor.

Jury is still out on Taylor in my opinion anyway. Bar a couple of isolated moments (couple of screamers and a couple of decent looking passes), he has offered very little else and doesnt to me look like someone who can help control games in a top half championship team. There is the arguement he is still learning the way we play ect but he is 25 pretty much in his prime and we are almost half way through the season now. We say we miss Morsy when he doesn't play but I personally think it's more Taylor weakens us regardless of whether he plays with Morsy or Luongo.
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 05:37 - Nov 26 with 2109 viewspennblue

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 03:06 - Nov 26 by itfctilidie

Jury is still out on Taylor in my opinion anyway. Bar a couple of isolated moments (couple of screamers and a couple of decent looking passes), he has offered very little else and doesnt to me look like someone who can help control games in a top half championship team. There is the arguement he is still learning the way we play ect but he is 25 pretty much in his prime and we are almost half way through the season now. We say we miss Morsy when he doesn't play but I personally think it's more Taylor weakens us regardless of whether he plays with Morsy or Luongo.

It does not seem to make much sense breaking up Morsy and Luongo

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 09:00 - Nov 26 with 1934 viewsDennyx4

I think Taylor could be a better option coming off the bench replacing Broadhead or Chaplin. Think he is more of a goal threat, and did play in the number 10 role for Peterborough.

I can see the sense in using him in the midfield two against weaker teams, where he gives you the goal threat outside of the penalty area too.
Login to get fewer ads

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 09:04 - Nov 26 with 1923 viewsHerbivore

Think that's very harsh, he was excellent against Swansea in his only league start before yesterday. He wasn't great yesterday but plenty of others were worse.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 09:20 - Nov 26 with 1899 viewscressi

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 09:04 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Think that's very harsh, he was excellent against Swansea in his only league start before yesterday. He wasn't great yesterday but plenty of others were worse.

To be fair not one midfield player or any of the front 3 played well yesterday. I only thought out the outfield players that Williams played well and if Clarke had played right back the score would have been worse as he has no positional sense at all.
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 09:22 - Nov 26 with 1890 viewsMK1

It's the way he plays. Please don't change him.
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 10:27 - Nov 26 with 1829 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stupid wasn't it. He can play disciplined - we saw it last season when he was up against the 10 card boundary. So why he does stuff like that is beyond me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 11:30 - Nov 26 with 1751 viewsstonojnr

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 10:27 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

Stupid wasn't it. He can play disciplined - we saw it last season when he was up against the 10 card boundary. So why he does stuff like that is beyond me.

you can play as disciplined as you like, but if refs are always card happy with you, what can you do about it ?

was that really a yellow card foul he commited ? had he really totted up alot of fouls in the game already, no, yet he gets another card for it.

if he was diving in taking players out week after week it would be different, but you cant do anything if the ref is going to card you for stuff like that, and if the ref was even a tiny smidgen consistent, he'd be carding alot more players, but theyre not
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 13:37 - Nov 26 with 1702 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 11:30 - Nov 26 by stonojnr

you can play as disciplined as you like, but if refs are always card happy with you, what can you do about it ?

was that really a yellow card foul he commited ? had he really totted up alot of fouls in the game already, no, yet he gets another card for it.

if he was diving in taking players out week after week it would be different, but you cant do anything if the ref is going to card you for stuff like that, and if the ref was even a tiny smidgen consistent, he'd be carding alot more players, but theyre not

The ref clearly told him immediately after the foul before the one he got booked for that he was on a final warning.
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 13:44 - Nov 26 with 1688 viewsBseaBlue

You can't judge any individuals really on the basis of West Broms game plan being superb.

That's the main difference between yesterday and the Rotherham game for me. They simply got everything right as opposed to us doing too much wrong.
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 13:47 - Nov 26 with 1678 viewsbilllm

Yes it was the player was just about to get tackled by Williams or wolfy,
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 13:50 - Nov 26 with 1668 viewsVaughan8

As soon as it happened I thought it was a silly yellow. Wasnt really necessary.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 13:50]
Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 15:08 - Nov 26 with 1597 viewsLankHenners

Happy to accept we were just beaten by the better team on the day yesterday but one thing I didn't like about us, especially in the 2nd half, is that we made quite a lot of daft, frustrated fouls. Got suckered into some of them by West Brom but quite a lot of them felt unnecessary.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 15:19 - Nov 26 with 1564 viewsGlasgowBlue

I had Taylor in my starting eleven based on his performance against Swansea. But in hindsight, perhaps Luongo should be the 'away' option alongside Morsy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 15:21 - Nov 26 with 1554 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 09:00 - Nov 26 by Dennyx4

I think Taylor could be a better option coming off the bench replacing Broadhead or Chaplin. Think he is more of a goal threat, and did play in the number 10 role for Peterborough.

I can see the sense in using him in the midfield two against weaker teams, where he gives you the goal threat outside of the penalty area too.

Think Taylor is well suited to the games where the opponents are sitting deep and allowing us to control the game but in the opponents half, tayls shots will nerv defenders so they'll come out and leave gaps.

Yesterday brom let us have the ball in our half and for me Taylor isn't as good as luongo for passing through tight spaces and making things happen.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 16:40 - Nov 26 with 1481 viewsstrikalite

Morsy with another avoidable yellow.. on 15:21 - Nov 26 by FrimleyBlue

Think Taylor is well suited to the games where the opponents are sitting deep and allowing us to control the game but in the opponents half, tayls shots will nerv defenders so they'll come out and leave gaps.

Yesterday brom let us have the ball in our half and for me Taylor isn't as good as luongo for passing through tight spaces and making things happen.

Taylor is a threat on the break, he gets on the end of things when we're on our game, Rotherham being an example, or off the bench as a ten if Luongo starts with Morsy..
We really missed Hutchinsons pace second half, then you get Taylor up and supporting in and around the box where we can see what he can do..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024