Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... 22:38 - Nov 18 with 4437 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23932787.norwich-city-efan-ekoku-canar

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:00 - Nov 18 with 4299 viewsArnieM

Didn’t you just post a big fat, LOL in the edp24 comments section?!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:16 - Nov 18 with 4247 viewsFixed_It

Do they even know what an Efan legend is?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:26 - Nov 18 with 4228 viewsMiaow

“Canaries' 1992-94 European kits”

I suppose Canaries’ 15th September–8th December 1993 European kits didn’t have the best ring to it.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:58 - Nov 18 with 4165 viewsbournemouthblue

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:16 - Nov 18 by Fixed_It

Do they even know what an Efan legend is?!

It amused me that the colour combo he really liked were Wimbledon colours and sure enough, he went there soon after Norwich

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 01:00 - Nov 19 with 4086 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s right about it, they had a disgusting home shirt that season.
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 03:09 - Nov 19 with 3997 viewsCoastalblue

"Ekoku assisted in both City's qualification for the UEFA Cup and their run to its third round, moving to Carrow Road midway through the 1992-93 season"

Run?
Run?

To the third round?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 09:13 - Nov 19 with 3647 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 03:09 - Nov 19 by Coastalblue

"Ekoku assisted in both City's qualification for the UEFA Cup and their run to its third round, moving to Carrow Road midway through the 1992-93 season"

Run?
Run?

To the third round?

Don’t knock it. They had a cracking run to the 3rd round of the FA Cup last season as well. Sadly, that’s where it ended, but for a while it was all glory days and open topped bus tours.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 09:23 - Nov 19 with 3617 viewsMK1

When you are as insignificant as they are, you have to have something to cling on to I suppose.
Login to get fewer ads

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 09:46 - Nov 19 with 3557 viewsNthQldITFC

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 03:09 - Nov 19 by Coastalblue

Run?
Run?

To the third round?

'Norwich City legend Efan Ekoku... was the first player to score in European competition for the Norfolk club'

You can count the number of players to have scored in European competition for the Norfolk club on the fingers of one hand and still have two left over. (Ekoku, Goss, Poltson, Bowens)

I know it's sad that I took the trouble to look that up, but honestly, it didn't take long! I also got to see that priceless wikipedia epic about the 'famous' defeat of Bayern Munich reserves again.

That is a piece of unbridled ridiculous brilliance (n/t) on 09:48 - Nov 19 with 3551 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

And I don't need to say it, but blue to boot on 09:51 - Nov 19 with 3540 viewsDyland

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:58 - Nov 18 by bournemouthblue

It amused me that the colour combo he really liked were Wimbledon colours and sure enough, he went there soon after Norwich

Though our yellow kit was a thing of beauty tbf, so swings and roundabouts innit :)

That article is so tinpot and ridiculous and whatever. Talk about album filler.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 11:05 - Nov 19 with 3403 viewsNBVJohn

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 01:00 - Nov 19 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s right about it, they had a disgusting home shirt that season.

…..and it wasn’t as though we didn’t tell them how terrible it was at the time.

I remember my Dad, who worked in Norwich at the time referring to it as ‘a blouse’
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 13:38 - Nov 19 with 3211 viewsbournemouthblue

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 09:46 - Nov 19 by NthQldITFC

'Norwich City legend Efan Ekoku... was the first player to score in European competition for the Norfolk club'

You can count the number of players to have scored in European competition for the Norfolk club on the fingers of one hand and still have two left over. (Ekoku, Goss, Poltson, Bowens)

I know it's sad that I took the trouble to look that up, but honestly, it didn't take long! I also got to see that priceless wikipedia epic about the 'famous' defeat of Bayern Munich reserves again.

There can't be many clubs who have a 'legend' who played 38 league games

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 13:42 - Nov 19 with 3202 viewswkj

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 13:38 - Nov 19 by bournemouthblue

There can't be many clubs who have a 'legend' who played 38 league games

We had Piotr Malarczyk who only did four...

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 13:44 - Nov 19 with 3194 viewsMercian

This kit from the same period was worse especially because red and black usually goes so well together.
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 14:54 - Nov 19 with 3040 viewsjaykay

recalled his days in europe lol. most town players of the robsons era would have said YEARS
to that question.
ive seen more games in europe cup competitions watching the town than any player playing for norwich

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 15:02 - Nov 19 with 3011 viewsGeoffSentence

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 14:54 - Nov 19 by jaykay

recalled his days in europe lol. most town players of the robsons era would have said YEARS
to that question.
ive seen more games in europe cup competitions watching the town than any player playing for norwich

I swear that they make more of their participation than we do winnng the thing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 15:19 - Nov 19 with 2948 viewsBigCommon

"There was one kit we hardly wore"... LOL.
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 15:37 - Nov 19 with 2902 viewsBluespeed225

They had a commemorative badge on a kit they wore during the rounds! ‘Clutching at straws’ is one description.
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 15:40 - Nov 19 with 2896 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 13:44 - Nov 19 by Mercian

This kit from the same period was worse especially because red and black usually goes so well together.

Sorry to disagree, but there is no shirt ever that comes close to being as abhorrent as the "puke" shirt of the 6-fingered, piggy fiddling, sister bothering, participants.
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 16:01 - Nov 19 with 2818 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

I'm surprised to see that their shirts had a hole in the top to put the head through - they hardly wore them long enough to bother putting them on properly.
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 17:17 - Nov 19 with 2672 viewsNthQldITFC

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 11:05 - Nov 19 by NBVJohn

…..and it wasn’t as though we didn’t tell them how terrible it was at the time.

I remember my Dad, who worked in Norwich at the time referring to it as ‘a blouse’

I like that. I've always been tickled by the way men's football socks are often referred to as 'stockings'. A 'proper hairy-arsed' centre-back in stockings and a blouse!

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:36 - Nov 19 with 2294 viewscharlie1

Doesn’t this whole thread highlight the hypocrisy of their current situation?

For ages it’s been ‘Webber out, we deserve better than this, look how far we have fallen’.

And yet they are DELIRIOUS over a couple of UEFA games, losing an FA Cup semi-final 70 years ago, ‘legends’ such as Ekoku and Ashton who played what 80 games for them in total, and having an old song that is so famous they had to put the words up on the screen at a derby game for their own supporters!

When your entire club and fan base wets itself over such abject mediocrity, how can Webber be criticised as much as he has been for applying the same mindset to his stewardship?
It must have been very hard for him to take fans demands for success seriously.
Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 08:17 - Nov 20 with 2026 viewsbluejacko

Too many funny things to list about this article, so I'll just leave it... on 23:36 - Nov 19 by charlie1

Doesn’t this whole thread highlight the hypocrisy of their current situation?

For ages it’s been ‘Webber out, we deserve better than this, look how far we have fallen’.

And yet they are DELIRIOUS over a couple of UEFA games, losing an FA Cup semi-final 70 years ago, ‘legends’ such as Ekoku and Ashton who played what 80 games for them in total, and having an old song that is so famous they had to put the words up on the screen at a derby game for their own supporters!

When your entire club and fan base wets itself over such abject mediocrity, how can Webber be criticised as much as he has been for applying the same mindset to his stewardship?
It must have been very hard for him to take fans demands for success seriously.

A daft article really I mean it’s as if history actually means something🙄😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024