Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One month to go everyone..... 18:31 - Nov 16 with 9460 viewsBloots

....how we all feeling about it?

Personally I'm dreading it already.

FFS.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

One month to go everyone..... on 07:48 - Nov 17 with 1623 viewsDubtractor

Question about the current Scummers team, as I don't know much about them.

Do they have much aggression in the team, the sort of players who will put in an extra 10% for a derby game? We know our team has plenty of players who will relish the extra spice that game brings, but I don't know what they've got.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One month to go everyone..... on 08:03 - Nov 17 with 1593 viewstextbackup

I can’t fcking wait

Get in a scummy pub about 8am, have the missus moaning how early I’m going out, see us beat them for the first time in forever, wave them off, then being out for the duration for a town win/Xmas beer up.

Then potentially die Sunday.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One month to go everyone..... on 08:06 - Nov 17 with 1581 viewsHerbivore

One month to go everyone..... on 07:48 - Nov 17 by Dubtractor

Do they have much aggression in the team, the sort of players who will put in an extra 10% for a derby game? We know our team has plenty of players who will relish the extra spice that game brings, but I don't know what they've got.

They seem to be a bunch of fannies. They are capable of playing nice footy but can't handle adversity, hence under Wagner any time they lose a game it seems to turn into a sustained run of poor form. On the other hand, they're also capable of putting together a decent run when their tails are up.

I've not even given the game a second thought yet to be honest. Our goals for this year now are much bigger than just getting one over Norwich. At home I look at it as a game we should be winning. I guess it's different for me as I'm not from Ipswich so other than on the day itself I can't really get all that worked up about the rivalry.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One month to go everyone..... on 08:12 - Nov 17 with 1569 viewstextbackup

One month to go everyone..... on 08:06 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

They seem to be a bunch of fannies. They are capable of playing nice footy but can't handle adversity, hence under Wagner any time they lose a game it seems to turn into a sustained run of poor form. On the other hand, they're also capable of putting together a decent run when their tails are up.

I've not even given the game a second thought yet to be honest. Our goals for this year now are much bigger than just getting one over Norwich. At home I look at it as a game we should be winning. I guess it's different for me as I'm not from Ipswich so other than on the day itself I can't really get all that worked up about the rivalry.

You can’t get all worked up up the rivalry?! So edgy

One month to go everyone..... on 08:41 - Nov 17 with 1539 viewsPinewoodblue

I guess we are all looking forward too it so much more than that lot up the road.

Not sure what incentive there is for a budgie fan to spend a miserable Saturday afternoon sitting in Cobbold Stand.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

One month to go everyone..... on 08:42 - Nov 17 with 1543 viewsHerbivore

One month to go everyone..... on 08:12 - Nov 17 by textbackup

You can’t get all worked up up the rivalry?! So edgy

You've lived in Ipswich your whole life, mate. Other people have different experiences than you. It's not hard.

One month to go everyone..... on 08:43 - Nov 17 with 1537 viewsHerbivore

One month to go everyone..... on 08:41 - Nov 17 by Pinewoodblue

I guess we are all looking forward too it so much more than that lot up the road.

Not sure what incentive there is for a budgie fan to spend a miserable Saturday afternoon sitting in Cobbold Stand.

It's a chance to see a decent football team for a change, I guess.

One month to go everyone..... on 08:47 - Nov 17 with 1511 viewswkj

One month to go everyone..... on 08:03 - Nov 17 by textbackup

I can’t fcking wait

Get in a scummy pub about 8am, have the missus moaning how early I’m going out, see us beat them for the first time in forever, wave them off, then being out for the duration for a town win/Xmas beer up.

Then potentially die Sunday.

Nah, really seal the deal on Sunday and take the family out for a camping trip. Drinking all the fosters that somehow made its way into the house - lovely stuff.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

One month to go everyone..... on 08:49 - Nov 17 with 1519 viewsITFC_Forever

Various budgies on X are already going with the public line that "they are so bad, if we don't beat them it will be hilarious".

Therefore they're fearing the worst, and are getting their excuses in early if we win and are ready to claim the high ground if we don't.

Everything kind of logic suggests we should win, and finally draw a line under the banter era, but plenty of teams have come unstuck in derbies in similar positions over the years - all the way back to the SBR era when a late season defeat at Carrow Rd to a team of budgies that went on to be relegated put a massive dent in our title hopes in 1981.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

One month to go everyone..... on 08:54 - Nov 17 with 1503 viewsBuhrer

Exercise can help with that

One month to go everyone..... on 09:00 - Nov 17 with 1484 viewswkj

One month to go everyone..... on 08:54 - Nov 17 by Buhrer

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

One month to go everyone..... on 09:08 - Nov 17 with 1463 viewshoppy

One month to go everyone..... on 08:54 - Nov 17 by Buhrer

But remember, if your balls are blue like that, perhaps recommend getting a doctor’s appointment.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

One month to go everyone..... on 09:08 - Nov 17 with 1466 viewstextbackup

One month to go everyone..... on 08:42 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

You've lived in Ipswich your whole life, mate. Other people have different experiences than you. It's not hard.

That’s where you’re wrong, been in Kesgrave the last 4 years.

But I still feel the norwich hate and the buzz for the game.

And not being funny, you’re on here 24/7, so surely some of that rubs off on you.

Mate

One month to go everyone..... on 09:11 - Nov 17 with 1442 viewsvilanovablue

We're 19 points clear of Norwich, I'm not as worried as normal.
One month to go everyone..... on 09:18 - Nov 17 with 1417 viewsHerbivore

One month to go everyone..... on 09:08 - Nov 17 by textbackup

That’s where you’re wrong, been in Kesgrave the last 4 years.

But I still feel the norwich hate and the buzz for the game.

And not being funny, you’re on here 24/7, so surely some of that rubs off on you.

Mate

Oh sorry, didn't realise you'd ventured all the way to Kesgrave. Glad it hasn't dimmed your buzz for the game. For me I laugh when Norwich lose, obviously, but I just don't care THAT much about them, certainly not enough to be thinking or worrying about the derby a month in advance. It's different when you've never really lived in Suffolk and don't really feel that local rivalry.

I don't think we can totally.... on 09:22 - Nov 17 with 1393 viewsyorkshireblue

I don't think we can totally.... on 19:01 - Nov 16 by Bloots

....put the "banter era" behind us until we beat them.

It needs to happen.

The "Banter Era" will run until 30th June 2025 - the day Lambert's contract expires.
I’m not from Ipswich…. on 09:25 - Nov 17 with 1397 viewsBloots

One month to go everyone..... on 08:06 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

….I’m not even from Suffolk.

It was the 1st fixture I looked for when they came out and it’s been on my mind ever since.

It means far more to me than any other individual match and I’ll be incredibly nervous/excited until the match is done.

I don’t mind admitting it, but then I’m not trying to look cool.

I’m not from Ipswich…. on 09:32 - Nov 17 with 1373 viewsReus30

I’m not from Ipswich…. on 09:25 - Nov 17 by Bloots

It was the 1st fixture I looked for when they came out and it’s been on my mind ever since.

It means far more to me than any other individual match and I’ll be incredibly nervous/excited until the match is done.

Same, first fixture I looked for.

It's been years since we played them, it's been years since we beat them.

It's time and I am ready.
I think that the “spine” of their team… on 09:33 - Nov 17 with 1374 viewsBloots

One month to go everyone..... on 07:48 - Nov 17 by Dubtractor

….is fairly solid in that respect. Hanley, McLean and Barnes. Particularly Barnes.

But 2 of that 3 have been injured for months and are only just making their way back.

Apart from that they are mainly made up of flashy youngsters and foreigners (Rowe, Sara etc) who are decent on their day, but rarely have that day.

We need to make sure we are prepared for the almost inevitable absence of Morsy, they are particularly weak in the central midfield area and we should be able to control the game from there.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 9:36]

I’m not from Ipswich…. on 09:41 - Nov 17 with 1346 viewsHerbivore

I’m not from Ipswich…. on 09:25 - Nov 17 by Bloots

Not am I, I'm just giving my opinion. But you carry on doing you, babe.

One month to go everyone..... on 09:51 - Nov 17 with 1323 viewsNthQldITFC

One month to go everyone..... on 09:00 - Nov 17 by wkj

They're not real wombles, dummy, here are the real ones:

(Edit: Even a womble could do a youtube link properly... I'm the dummy)
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 9:53]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Yeah that sums up my feelings perfectly.... on 09:58 - Nov 17 with 1308 viewsBlueschev

Yeah that sums up my feelings perfectly.... on 18:59 - Nov 16 by SitfcB

I keep thinking we’re going to win every game leading up to it and they’re going to lose every game, but they will then beat us, because that’ll just sum up all the years since 2009.

Being honest if given the choice right now I'd take that all day long, as much as I want to beat them.
Yeah that sums up my feelings perfectly.... on 10:37 - Nov 17 with 1235 views_clive_baker_

Yeah that sums up my feelings perfectly.... on 09:58 - Nov 17 by Blueschev

Being honest if given the choice right now I'd take that all day long, as much as I want to beat them.

It would be ridiculous not to take that really. As desperate as I am to beat them, if we took 15 points from the next 18 available then we would be in a ridiculous position going in to that big Christmas double header against the 2 clubs (currently) closest to us. The sort of position that could probably allow us to lose them both.

Come full time against Stoke on NYD we'll be sat on anything from 39 points (10 consecutive defeats) to 69 (10 wins). The most likely scenario is something starting in a 5, and if that's over 55 we'll have done very well IMO, from what looks a tricky run of 10 games.

Can we take 17+ points from that 10? You have to look at the home games against Millwall, Coventry, Norwich and QPR as good opportunites to scoop up a chunk of them if we can maintain our excellent home form. A couple of wins from WBA, Boro, Watford, Leeds and Stoke away isn't impossible. Leicester home becomes a bit of a free hit. They've not looked great the last couple of weeks and it'll be interesting to see how they respond to that, but I do think they've got a ridiculous amount of quality and I can't see them not getting promoted.

I think we probably need 6 points from the next 3 to set us up nicely for the rest of that set until the next break. I think we can do West Brom next weekend, I'm looking forward to it. Got a night out in Brum planned for after and a curry house booked with some mates so it should be a good day.
One month to go everyone..... on 10:40 - Nov 17 with 1218 viewsEuropablue

I was listening to the KOA podcast and they were playing the win, draw, and lose game for Norwich, Leicester, and Leeds and they said obviously take the win against Norwich, but apart from Norwich being literally in the same league as us they really aren't playing in the same league.
I'd take the loss against Norwich because I'd rather win points on our direct rivals. I don't work in Ipswich and I'm from Essex, so maybe it's different for me. I even have a good friend who is a Norwich fan. If they won both matches against us and we got promoted I'd honestly be happy for him!
Obviously, I want us to win every game and it means a lot for some fans to beat Norwich. I expect KM and the players to view it as another 3 points, but there will be a special atmosphere and both sets of players will find a little extra.
One month to go everyone..... on 10:43 - Nov 17 with 1206 viewsKieran_Knows

Pull yourself together, buh.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024