Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scarlett rather then Ladapo 10:05 - Nov 8 with 4159 viewscarlisleaway

Ladapo is offering nothing to the Ipswich squad in my mind, give Scarlett preference over him as a 60 minute sub. Need to strengthen up a frontman in the January window along with a centre back.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:07 - Nov 8 with 3694 viewsHerbivore

Centre back? We've got Woolf, Burgess, Fridge, Tuanzebe, and Baggott pushing on. That's the last area we need to strengthen, imo. Agree we need a better option up front, Ladapo has looked off it more often than not when coming on this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:12 - Nov 8 with 3659 viewsClutch

Centre back? We in no way need a centre back!
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:24 - Nov 8 with 3610 viewscressi

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:12 - Nov 8 by Clutch

Centre back? We in no way need a centre back!

Firstly centre back not required.
A midfield player in the mould of Morsey in case for any reason we lose him.
A striker like Hirst who scores important goals can bring players into play hold the ball up
Would allow Ladapo to leave
I rate Freddie as a box player but can't close down or hold the ball up hence getting Morsey booked
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:26 - Nov 8 with 3600 viewsVaughan8

Lots of Ladapo moaning on Facebook.

Not sure what he particularly did wrong or has done wrong. He seems OK to me.

Hirst was offside so much yesterday. He needs to practice staying onside.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 3580 viewsStadiumofdark

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:26 - Nov 8 by Vaughan8

I think it was also a case of us often moving the ball so slowly (compared to a month ago)
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:44 - Nov 8 with 3541 viewshomer_123

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:24 - Nov 8 by cressi

Firstly centre back not required.
A midfield player in the mould of Morsey in case for any reason we lose him.
A striker like Hirst who scores important goals can bring players into play hold the ball up
Would allow Ladapo to leave
I rate Freddie as a box player but can't close down or hold the ball up hence getting Morsey booked

Freddie is languid (think Jason Dozzell) and suffers as it often 'looks' like he isn't closing down. He actually covers the group very quickly, far quicker than you think. He puts the yards in.

Yes, we need to upgrade in this position but this notion of Freddie not being able to close down isn't correct. His hold up play night was not at his usual level, granted.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:46 - Nov 8 with 3529 viewsbraveblue

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:26 - Nov 8 by Vaughan8

Ladapo didn’t control the ball once. His poor pass got Morsy booked. He is simply not close to being good enough.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:49 - Nov 8 with 3509 viewspointofblue

Funny how Ladapo is being slagged off considering, only at the weekend, he was instrumental in getting us back into the game. He struggled but he’s not the only one - Hirst, for example, did little better before him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:57 - Nov 8 with 3483 viewsdavblue

so much flip flopping of opinions on players recently.

Ladapo is a decent player, but we need to improve on him and Hirst if we can. He will have good games/bad games and some average ones also. His not a god one week then total trash the next.

Scarlett has potential, he's not been at it yet here, but his performances have improved in the last week, so that's encouraging. Again he's neither rubbish or great on each different week.

I criticized Scarlett for his performance at Bristol City because i didn't feel like he pressed like he should have but it doesn't make him a bad player.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 11:10 - Nov 8 with 3401 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I don't understand the Ladapo hate, the guy works his backside off, he's won us games and points, that's not offering nothing, we'd have lost against Cardiff and Brum for example without what he did on the pitch. I recall even against either Preston Or Blackburn where it was Ladapo holding up the ball and pushing through two players to get us a goal.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 11:28 - Nov 8 with 3325 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 11:10 - Nov 8 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I don't understand the Ladapo hate, the guy works his backside off, he's won us games and points, that's not offering nothing, we'd have lost against Cardiff and Brum for example without what he did on the pitch. I recall even against either Preston Or Blackburn where it was Ladapo holding up the ball and pushing through two players to get us a goal.

Seems massively harsh to base an opinion on last night alone but clearly an area we need to upgrade.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 13:32 - Nov 8 with 3128 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 11:28 - Nov 8 by PrideOfTheEast

Seems massively harsh to base an opinion on last night alone but clearly an area we need to upgrade.

I agree we need another forward to play the Hirst/Ladapo role for when legs are tired. If we signed a plyer like Adam Armstrong from Southampton, for me that would be the Stewart-1999/2000 type signing that would take us up but we would have to part with some serious money for him.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 13:39 - Nov 8 with 3092 viewsJ2BLUE

Ladapo is the most underrated member of the squad.

Offering nothing to the squad...you clearly haven't been paying attention.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 13:58 - Nov 8 with 3037 viewsBigCommon

Ladapo and Scarlett are completely different types of players... I don't get this play Scarlett for Freddy assumption...
I'd like to see Scarlett play slightly deeper in one of the AM slots , feeding off of a Hirst or Ladapo...
To say FL offers nothing, is a bit of a stretch. Imo.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 14:49 - Nov 8 with 2978 viewsWickets

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 13:39 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

Yes I also rate Freddie and remember the Cardiff game well . I do think that he just struggles with his attitude sometimes almost as if he resents being a sub ?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 15:46]
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 15:10 - Nov 8 with 2940 viewsnodge_blue

Im not sure Scarlett is able to play the central striker role. Better playing off that guy.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 16:16 - Nov 8 with 2859 viewsfarkenhell

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 14:49 - Nov 8 by Wickets

Yes I also rate Freddie and remember the Cardiff game well . I do think that he just struggles with his attitude sometimes almost as if he resents being a sub ?

Sorry, but how on earth can you come to that conclusion?

He was ineffective last night and has been in some other games (as has been identified by many), but I don't think for a second that is down to a lack of effort or questionable attitude.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 16:31 - Nov 8 with 2833 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 14:49 - Nov 8 by Wickets

To be honest, everyone should "resent" being a sub and look to push themselves into the team ala Hladky. If they don't want to start, we don't want them here! I think Supple alluded to that level of bad attitude years back, thankfully, since Cook wielded the axe, for all his faults, he did end that era of the club and McKenna has benefitted from it.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 18:30 - Nov 8 with 2664 viewsWickets

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 16:16 - Nov 8 by farkenhell

Sorry, but how on earth can you come to that conclusion?

He was ineffective last night and has been in some other games (as has been identified by many), but I don't think for a second that is down to a lack of effort or questionable attitude.

You might be right but that is why I put a question mark on my answer ..
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 18:35 - Nov 8 with 2654 viewsWickets

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 16:31 - Nov 8 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

To be honest, everyone should "resent" being a sub and look to push themselves into the team ala Hladky. If they don't want to start, we don't want them here! I think Supple alluded to that level of bad attitude years back, thankfully, since Cook wielded the axe, for all his faults, he did end that era of the club and McKenna has benefitted from it.

Yer good point but does Freddie have a problem motivating himself sometimes? It's just that when he comes off the bench he can bounce off looking well up for it but other times he seems to have to almost drag himself on to the pitch . Make no mistake I am not anti Freddie as he can be very good .
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 18:59 - Nov 8 with 2557 viewsbobbyramsey

If it’s open season on strikers then Hirst isn’t exactly covering himself in glory atm……
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 19:31 - Nov 8 with 2498 viewsNthQldITFC

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 18:59 - Nov 8 by bobbyramsey

If it’s open season on strikers then Hirst isn’t exactly covering himself in glory atm……

From the outside, it might be thought of as a little insane for it to be open season on strikers at ITFC, given that we have scored 13.8% more goals than ANYBODY else in this division in our first season back up!

To counter the 'yeah but we need a big hairy No. 9 up top to get on the end of crosses and score twenty' argument punters... just don't be a d*ck!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 19:34 - Nov 8 with 2480 viewscressi

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 13:39 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

I actually like Ladapo think is a decent player comes alive in the box , I believe we probably need a upgrade on Hirst and Ladapo bit like what city did sold Jesus got Haaland different level only we need to do at championship level.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 20:22 - Nov 8 with 2349 viewsDeepBlueSea

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 19:34 - Nov 8 by cressi

I actually like Ladapo think is a decent player comes alive in the box , I believe we probably need a upgrade on Hirst and Ladapo bit like what city did sold Jesus got Haaland different level only we need to do at championship level.

I think there are a few people clouded by preconceptions of players. Ladapo is in the 30+ category, and his playing history looks a little like that of a lower league journeyman. It just means he gets a lot less in terms of a grace period, if he’s not scoring. I think we’re lucky to have him as an option, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is his last season at the club.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 22:13 - Nov 8 with 2213 viewsDavoIPB

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 19:34 - Nov 8 by cressi

Ladapo has not recently come alive in the box. He recently had been missing chances from six yards out because he does not react quick enough. He has been very poor recently. Not saying he didn't rescue us against teams before the break.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024