Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scarlett rather then Ladapo 10:05 - Nov 8 with 4251 viewscarlisleaway

Ladapo is offering nothing to the Ipswich squad in my mind, give Scarlett preference over him as a 60 minute sub. Need to strengthen up a frontman in the January window along with a centre back.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 23:33 - Nov 8 with 433 viewsjayessess

Really think we're pretty lucky, relative to much of the rest of the division, to have a spare striker of Ladapo's quality and experience.

It's so easy for strikers to get absolutely swallowed up by Championship games, but Freddie doesn't. He gets on the ball, he gets touches in the penalty area, gets shots off, makes tackles (he's in the top 20% of Championship strikers for all those measures, actually top for shots!). People act like it's a piece of p1ss to go out and get 2 (sometimes they want 3!) elite level strikers for modest fees and affordable wages.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 08:55 - Nov 9 with 382 viewsurbanblue

Although he had been used in the position Scarlett isn't really a centre forward. I would actually like to see him given a start now as he's looked the part and 'on it' in his last two cameos.

I'd like to see him as a 10 roaming to the flanks e4where he has impressed. Maybe, if Broadhead isn't available Saturday or even for Chaplin to give him a rest.
Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 09:07 - Nov 9 with 371 viewsdirtyboy

Scarlett rather then Ladapo on 10:24 - Nov 8 by cressi

Firstly centre back not required.
A midfield player in the mould of Morsey in case for any reason we lose him.
A striker like Hirst who scores important goals can bring players into play hold the ball up
Would allow Ladapo to leave
I rate Freddie as a box player but can't close down or hold the ball up hence getting Morsey booked

Just seeing Downes at Southampton really hurts....he'd suit us perfectly right now as competition in the middle with Morsy, Luongo and Taylor.

As a note, Taylor is looking better each time I see him.

Freddie is a good solid pro, I think he lacks a yard of pace against top defenders, but that's not to say he's not working hard and has been a bit unlucky.

Scarlett has something, but I think it's more of a 10 role and he absolutely needs to run himself to the ground when playing in this team. Seeing it in parts, not the whole time he's on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024