Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw 12:20 - Nov 8 with 2484 viewsgiant_stow

...hours'

Realise this is on the BBC home page, so loads will have seen it, but in case you missed it, quite an insight into the war:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67327079
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 12:20]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 12:25 - Nov 8 with 2422 viewsRyorry

Israeli kids in Tel Aviv only have 90 seconds to get to their "safe rooms" after alerts re incoming rockets are sounded though, was another statement made by a contributor to BBC R5l this morning.

Both terrible situations to be in of course.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 12:28 - Nov 8 with 2399 viewsgiant_stow

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 12:25 - Nov 8 by Ryorry

Israeli kids in Tel Aviv only have 90 seconds to get to their "safe rooms" after alerts re incoming rockets are sounded though, was another statement made by a contributor to BBC R5l this morning.

90 seconds?! my word...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 13:56 - Nov 8 with 2266 viewsDJR

Leaving aside the fact that they aren't necessarily moving to a safer place, the current focus appears to be on casualties from bombing, who the moment are struggling to get to hospital because the roads are destroyed.

This ignores the fate of the 50,000 women who are pregnant and are unlikely to get the medical treatment that they deserve having had to move, and with many many medical facilities out of operation throughout Gaza.

The same is true for this receiving ongoing care, such as cancer patients, some of whom in the past would have received treatment in Israel, as this from Reuters indicates.

Reuters has this report on what life is like for the chronically ill in Gaza:

Tahreer Azzam, a nurse at Makassed Hospital in east Jerusalem, has been caring for young, desperately-ill Palestinian patients for 16 years.

Since the Israel-Hamas war erupted last month, she now struggles to find them.

Usually, around 100 patients from Gaza receive care each day for complex health needs such as treatment for rare cancers and open heart surgery, at hospitals like Azzam’s, as well as in the occupied West Bank, Israel and other countries, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Azzam and her colleagues have been trying to reach their patients ever since Israel’s unprecedented bombardment of Gaza started, including checking Facebook to see whether they are still alive.

“We saw a post announcing that one of our child patients had been killed in the strikes. He had been at the department only a week before. He was six years old,” she told Reuters in an interview. “I can’t forget his image.”
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 13:57]
'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 19:00 - Nov 8 with 2078 viewsRyorry

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 13:56 - Nov 8 by DJR

Leaving aside the fact that they aren't necessarily moving to a safer place, the current focus appears to be on casualties from bombing, who the moment are struggling to get to hospital because the roads are destroyed.

This ignores the fate of the 50,000 women who are pregnant and are unlikely to get the medical treatment that they deserve having had to move, and with many many medical facilities out of operation throughout Gaza.

The same is true for this receiving ongoing care, such as cancer patients, some of whom in the past would have received treatment in Israel, as this from Reuters indicates.

Reuters has this report on what life is like for the chronically ill in Gaza:

Tahreer Azzam, a nurse at Makassed Hospital in east Jerusalem, has been caring for young, desperately-ill Palestinian patients for 16 years.

Since the Israel-Hamas war erupted last month, she now struggles to find them.

Usually, around 100 patients from Gaza receive care each day for complex health needs such as treatment for rare cancers and open heart surgery, at hospitals like Azzam’s, as well as in the occupied West Bank, Israel and other countries, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Azzam and her colleagues have been trying to reach their patients ever since Israel’s unprecedented bombardment of Gaza started, including checking Facebook to see whether they are still alive.

“We saw a post announcing that one of our child patients had been killed in the strikes. He had been at the department only a week before. He was six years old,” she told Reuters in an interview. “I can’t forget his image.”
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 13:57]

Tragic for those individuals.

If Hamas had spent the $$billions they’ve received in aid over the years on hospitals etc. instead of on rockets to fire into Israel though, the current situation probably wouldn’t exist.

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 19:28 - Nov 8 with 2017 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 19:00 - Nov 8 by Ryorry

Tragic for those individuals.

If Hamas had spent the $$billions they’ve received in aid over the years on hospitals etc. instead of on rockets to fire into Israel though, the current situation probably wouldn’t exist.

Yes it would probably have stopped all those illegal settlements and deaths in the West Bank too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 19:56 - Nov 8 with 1909 viewsNthsuffolkblue

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 12:25 - Nov 8 by Ryorry

As you state, both terrible situations to be in. But 90 seconds to get to their safe rooms compared to two hours to go where and become what? What is left after the all-clear for each?

It is depressing how much appetite there is for war and how little there is for peace in the world generally.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 21:49 - Nov 8 with 1754 viewseireblue

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 19:28 - Nov 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes it would probably have stopped all those illegal settlements and deaths in the West Bank too.

Did Hamas sending all those rockets stop the settlements in the West Bank?
'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 22:14 - Nov 8 with 1723 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 21:49 - Nov 8 by eireblue

Did Hamas sending all those rockets stop the settlements in the West Bank?

Considering how effective all those rockets are I don't think they have affected very much at all.
Edit...and the same can be said for if they'd spent the money on hospitals instead. Nethanyu thought he had successfully sidelined and marginalised them within the fence. Both sides are complicit in allowing the current reality to transpire within Gaza.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 22:19]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 22:25 - Nov 8 with 1694 viewseireblue

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 22:14 - Nov 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Considering how effective all those rockets are I don't think they have affected very much at all.
Edit...and the same can be said for if they'd spent the money on hospitals instead. Nethanyu thought he had successfully sidelined and marginalised them within the fence. Both sides are complicit in allowing the current reality to transpire within Gaza.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 22:19]

Good, so then you agree with Ryorry, Hamas could have used the billions they have received to make the lives of the 2 Million people under their control better.

And it would have been net neutral in terms of the West Bank.

So we can stop trying to justify the abuse of 2 Million people by Hamas over the last 15 years, and the attacks on Israel by what was happening in the West Bank?
'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 01:21 - Nov 9 with 1548 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 19:28 - Nov 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

You’ve been such a scummy poster since the start of this.
'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 01:29 - Nov 9 with 1539 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 22:25 - Nov 8 by eireblue

Good, so then you agree with Ryorry, Hamas could have used the billions they have received to make the lives of the 2 Million people under their control better.

And it would have been net neutral in terms of the West Bank.

So we can stop trying to justify the abuse of 2 Million people by Hamas over the last 15 years, and the attacks on Israel by what was happening in the West Bank?

Hamas has a lovely property portfolio worth billions, it’s spends an awful lot of money on tunnels under hospitals though. It’s also very useful for them to keep 2 million angry citizens oppressed in danger and in poverty, otherwise they’d lose the PR war rather quickly. If it dared better the life’s of those they apparently represent it wouldn’t be so good for their cause.

It’s notable on this board as well as the protests in the West by people that live here but apparently hate everything about it, that the free Palestine protests are all about Israel and not the terrorist regime they are actually living under.

I’d love to know who Israel’s partner around the table is in all this.

From the river to the sea and all that.

Disgusting.
'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 09:01 - Nov 9 with 1338 viewsRyorry

'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have tw on 19:56 - Nov 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

As you state, both terrible situations to be in. But 90 seconds to get to their safe rooms compared to two hours to go where and become what? What is left after the all-clear for each?

It is depressing how much appetite there is for war and how little there is for peace in the world generally.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? by Ryorry 7 Nov 2023 10:39
That's too depressing for me, I refuse to accept there isn't a way out of it that isn't just millions of people continuing to be killed, threatened, and living in fear.

I said on another thread that maybe it requires an internal uprising, 'Arab Spring' style, but by the Israeli population, ironically, to get rid of Netanyahu & his far-right supporters.

Or as Bankster on another thread, ostensibly light-heartedly but I think actually with a kernel of truth, said - "give the women a chance". I strongly believe that all war is absolutely futile - no more than a terrible, unnecessary, laying waste of life, land, time & resources; that there is always a better way. And I think most females around the world feel the same.

Netanyahu & his hawks aren't exactly popular with Israeli women, and there were only 5/30 in his cabinet before the current coalition -

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/2023-07-23/ty-article-opinion/.premium/israels-government-has-declared-a-war-on-women/00000189-8304-d7f1-abbd-cffdf4610000

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024