Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) 12:35 - Nov 6 with 6201 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 12:38 - Nov 6 with 4685 viewshoppy

Has it been confirmed now? I know he's been rumoured and bookies favourite etc.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 12:42 - Nov 6 with 4635 viewsSitfcB

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 12:38 - Nov 6 by hoppy

Has it been confirmed now? I know he's been rumoured and bookies favourite etc.

Not seen anything until now tbh, Oxford press have been saying it’s happy there and doesn’t want to leave but this is the latest…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 12:43 - Nov 6 with 4617 views_clive_baker_

Can't blame him really, it's a great opportunity. Step up to the Championship, nice part of the world to live and work (not that Oxford isn't), steady in the league, good facilities.

Got to feel a bit sorry for Oxford though.
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 12:52 - Nov 6 with 4493 viewsIllinoisblue

Up and coming young manager that might have been a good fit for Norwich. Happy that their current state of chaos and inaction means they’ll be struggling for a while yet. Incredible to think their sporting director basically checked out a year ago and he’s still there, and his replacement is lined up but won’t start for a few more weeks. Evans levels of incompetence

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 12:53 - Nov 6 with 4475 viewsMookamoo

Wonder if Oxford will offer the job to Hogg?
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 13:00 - Nov 6 with 4373 viewstextbackup

I was worried ncfc might go there

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Betting suspended on Manning Bristol appointment on 13:27 - Nov 6 with 4139 viewsunstableblue

Quite a gamble for Lansdown at Bristol

Mixed reaction from fans

He is young and progressive.

Not good for Leigh or Edwards

Still a long way from being confirmed

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 14:16 - Nov 6 with 3844 viewsBigCommon

That's a blow for Oxford. Could Easily see Mousinho being the next L1 manager to jump ship.... Both doing well at their respective clubs..
Thank God we are out of that division. The vultures are forever circling...
Login to get fewer ads

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 14:48 - Nov 6 with 3666 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

One I would be interested in if we ever needed a new manager, his record in League One is impressive and plays a good brand of football. Bristol City would be a good fit, no real risk of relegation, good facilities and decent squad, so somewhere he should get some time to prove himself.

Oxford will be unlucky to lose him as he's made them a force in League One.
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:05 - Nov 6 with 3594 viewsitfcsuth

Don't blame him one bit.

Didn't take the opportunity when at MK, 12 months later his squad was dismantled and he was sacked.
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:13 - Nov 6 with 3526 viewsmutters

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 12:52 - Nov 6 by Illinoisblue

Up and coming young manager that might have been a good fit for Norwich. Happy that their current state of chaos and inaction means they’ll be struggling for a while yet. Incredible to think their sporting director basically checked out a year ago and he’s still there, and his replacement is lined up but won’t start for a few more weeks. Evans levels of incompetence

Exactly am happy that NCFC haven't gone after him. Luckily they are having so many internal struggles that they haven't sacked their manager yet

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:19 - Nov 6 with 3485 views_clive_baker_

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:13 - Nov 6 by mutters

Exactly am happy that NCFC haven't gone after him. Luckily they are having so many internal struggles that they haven't sacked their manager yet

Just realised that Wagner only signed a 12 month rolling contract when he joined in January, so presumably fairly cheap to get shot of now. Whoever is making the decisions there is clearly a clown, but not Evans level of clownery in this case.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're in the process of finding a replacement now, especially with the international break coming up after this weekends game.

Big Sam?
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:21 - Nov 6 with 3472 viewsbournemouthblue

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 14:48 - Nov 6 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

One I would be interested in if we ever needed a new manager, his record in League One is impressive and plays a good brand of football. Bristol City would be a good fit, no real risk of relegation, good facilities and decent squad, so somewhere he should get some time to prove himself.

Oxford will be unlucky to lose him as he's made them a force in League One.

I suspect something isn't right behind the scenes at Bristol because they have thrown an awful lot of money at mixing it with the bigger clubs over the years and barely even got close to the playoffs

They've bridged the gap facilitywise and probably have every right not to consider themselves a League One Championship yo-yo candidate any more but they have never really stepped up to something greater than that

The potential is there certainly but a manager like Manning really needs to be given time to build a structure which suits him, I doubt he will be given that chance

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:25 - Nov 6 with 3437 viewsPhilTWTD

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 13:00 - Nov 6 by textbackup

I was worried ncfc might go there

Liam is actually from Norwich, although we'll obviously forgive him that should he ever become our manager.
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:27 - Nov 6 with 3422 views_clive_baker_

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:21 - Nov 6 by bournemouthblue

I suspect something isn't right behind the scenes at Bristol because they have thrown an awful lot of money at mixing it with the bigger clubs over the years and barely even got close to the playoffs

They've bridged the gap facilitywise and probably have every right not to consider themselves a League One Championship yo-yo candidate any more but they have never really stepped up to something greater than that

The potential is there certainly but a manager like Manning really needs to be given time to build a structure which suits him, I doubt he will be given that chance

I think it's a decent appointment to be honest, I'd be happy enough as a Bristol City supporter. There's no realistic danger of them going down, and they aren't going to buy their way up with a 'big name' and open cheque book, so they might as well take the opportunity to roll the dice on longer term project with a younger, progressive coach who might get them punching above their weight (as Oxford have been, and MK were before his squad was flogged).
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:36 - Nov 6 with 3354 viewsitfcjoe

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:19 - Nov 6 by _clive_baker_

Just realised that Wagner only signed a 12 month rolling contract when he joined in January, so presumably fairly cheap to get shot of now. Whoever is making the decisions there is clearly a clown, but not Evans level of clownery in this case.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're in the process of finding a replacement now, especially with the international break coming up after this weekends game.

Big Sam?

The replacement for Stuart Webber doesn't start until December so hard for them to recruit a new manager at this point - expect things will drag out as far as they can until their new Sporting Director is in position

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:42 - Nov 6 with 3321 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:19 - Nov 6 by _clive_baker_

Big Sam?

No chance re Big Sam - anti nodge views aside,
his ego won't allow him to drop into the bottom half of the Championship, he will think he can get another PL/banked on promotion role, won't get out of bed for anything else.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 16:05 - Nov 6 with 3207 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Really hoped they would go with Fat Frank. Pity, Manning might do a good job

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 16:28 - Nov 6 with 3119 viewsMullet

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:25 - Nov 6 by PhilTWTD

Liam is actually from Norwich, although we'll obviously forgive him that should he ever become our manager.

He's from Bungay actually Phil.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 18:26 - Nov 6 with 2834 viewsGuthrum

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 14:16 - Nov 6 by BigCommon

That's a blow for Oxford. Could Easily see Mousinho being the next L1 manager to jump ship.... Both doing well at their respective clubs..
Thank God we are out of that division. The vultures are forever circling...

Also a bit of a blow for Greg Leigh and Kyle Edwards, I would have thought. Both doing well under Manning.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 18:38 - Nov 6 with 2791 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 15:25 - Nov 6 by PhilTWTD

But has he played for Dortmund?…
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 18:46 - Nov 6 with 2753 viewsyorkshireblue

If McKenna was to leave tomorrow - he’d be the person I’d be looking to replace him… but maybe I’m blinded by the Ipswich connection…. But a quick glance at the Bristol forum and they are not happy.

Wonder if it’s Ashton’s Fault?

Now, for someone to snap up Eustace before the Budgies are able to.
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 19:58 - Nov 6 with 2598 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 18:46 - Nov 6 by yorkshireblue

If McKenna was to leave tomorrow - he’d be the person I’d be looking to replace him… but maybe I’m blinded by the Ipswich connection…. But a quick glance at the Bristol forum and they are not happy.

Wonder if it’s Ashton’s Fault?

Now, for someone to snap up Eustace before the Budgies are able to.

Think him moving there is good for us to be honest. Can’t see a situation where he wouldn’t join us from say a Bristol city over the next few years so if KM were to go, we’d be able to see how well LM has done at this level, reasonably big club etc.
Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 20:01 - Nov 6 with 2580 viewsMullet

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 19:58 - Nov 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Think him moving there is good for us to be honest. Can’t see a situation where he wouldn’t join us from say a Bristol city over the next few years so if KM were to go, we’d be able to see how well LM has done at this level, reasonably big club etc.

Imagine next season if Ashton poaches him just as Brizzle are top six and we're losing McKenna to Champions League football, whilst we look to secure Europa League qualification.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 20:39 - Nov 6 with 2473 viewsWeWereZombies

Liam Manning to Bristol City (n/t) on 16:28 - Nov 6 by Mullet

He's from Bungay actually Phil.

Born in Norwich, but played for his local side Bungay Town according to Wikipedia. So you're both right I guess. Also, started in Nodge academy before switching to Town Academy. So someone who knows how to correct his own decisions then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Manning

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024