Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashton Gate this Wednesday 18:03 - Oct 23 with 9045 viewsJerseybean

Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:06 - Oct 23 with 5537 viewsSitfcB

Got any other threads on there about us?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 5525 viewsJerseybean

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:06 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Got any other threads on there about us?

Don’t think so.
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 5528 viewsBlueBadger

Is it true you hold our chief exec in such high esteem that you've named the ground after him?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 18:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:09 - Oct 23 with 5515 viewsMK1

Played you in the old First division back in the late 70s or very early 80s. Was one of my first away games. Ipswich won 3-0. Think Mariner, Brazil and Gates scored. Remember the City fans singing "you are going in the river".
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:14 - Oct 23 with 5486 viewswkj

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:08 - Oct 23 by Jerseybean

Don’t think so.

Does OITB know you're visiting? We've not sacked Mark Ashton yet, so you are playing a dangerous game here.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:15 - Oct 23 with 5461 viewsSitfcB

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:14 - Oct 23 by wkj

Does OITB know you're visiting? We've not sacked Mark Ashton yet, so you are playing a dangerous game here.

That Fez bloke won’t be happy.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:18 - Oct 23 with 5433 viewswkj

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:15 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

That Fez bloke won’t be happy.

I don't think he ever got over the breakup if im honest

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:35 - Oct 23 with 5339 viewsMK1

I haven't done any research, but I think we have signed a few ex-gas (Osman and Stewart) but can't think of any from your lot. The 2 signed that were ex-gas turned out to be absolutely excellent signings. (sorry)

Edit. Just remembered Cole Skuse.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 18:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:57 - Oct 23 with 5222 viewsJerseybean

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:08 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

Is it true you hold our chief exec in such high esteem that you've named the ground after him?

The short answer is no 😀 and let’s simply say that he was not very popular with the majority of City fans who considered that he enjoyed too much power and influence and was too interested in his ego and self promotion.
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:59 - Oct 23 with 5183 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:08 - Oct 23 by Jerseybean

Don’t think so.

But I thought you were all massive fans of 'The Office'?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:59 - Oct 23 with 5190 viewsJerseybean

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:35 - Oct 23 by MK1

I haven't done any research, but I think we have signed a few ex-gas (Osman and Stewart) but can't think of any from your lot. The 2 signed that were ex-gas turned out to be absolutely excellent signings. (sorry)

Wes Burns
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:08 - Oct 23 with 5110 views66notout

Osman?
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:17 - Oct 23 with 5060 viewsTractorboy24

We signed Gergen from them at the same time as Skuse I think, also didn’t we swap JET for Paul Anderson around that time, or was it the year after?
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:20 - Oct 23 with 5056 viewsTrequartista

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:57 - Oct 23 by Jerseybean

The short answer is no 😀 and let’s simply say that he was not very popular with the majority of City fans who considered that he enjoyed too much power and influence and was too interested in his ego and self promotion.

Wasn't he involved in an incident there to do with attendance figures?

I think it was known as AshtonAshtonGateGateGate

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:21 - Oct 23 with 5035 views_clive_baker_

Ellis Harrison was Gas as well. Peak banter era signing him for 3/4 million.
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:25 - Oct 23 with 4993 viewsMK1

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:08 - Oct 23 by 66notout

Osman?

Yeah, fair shout. To be fair to me, I am old and it was a long time ago. Really not sure what I was thinking of there.
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:26 - Oct 23 with 4990 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The one player who played for both who is most worthy of mention is, of course, Marcus Stewart.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:16 - Oct 23 with 4745 viewsChurchman

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:09 - Oct 23 by MK1

Played you in the old First division back in the late 70s or very early 80s. Was one of my first away games. Ipswich won 3-0. Think Mariner, Brazil and Gates scored. Remember the City fans singing "you are going in the river".

I was at that game. The locals were throwing stones at the Boardroom windows after it. They weren’t happy. I think the game was 1980.

We actually played them in the FA Cup the following week and won 2-1. The game was much tighter.

Edit: I was also there in the 91/92 promotion season game. We travelled in numbers and thought promotion might be secured. Nope. Andy Cole thought otherwise and we deservedly lost 2-1.

Russell Osman is the obvious player for both clubs and the centre half (Webster?) Bristol City bought from us and made a fortune on.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 20:24]
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:32 - Oct 23 with 4645 viewsPhilTWTD

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:25 - Oct 23 by MK1

Yeah, fair shout. To be fair to me, I am old and it was a long time ago. Really not sure what I was thinking of there.

Russell actually played for Bristol City late in his career, managed them as well. Signed Andy Cole.
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:33 - Oct 23 with 4625 viewsPhilTWTD

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 19:17 - Oct 23 by Tractorboy24

We signed Gergen from them at the same time as Skuse I think, also didn’t we swap JET for Paul Anderson around that time, or was it the year after?

Gergen? Skuse was on a free, had turned down a new deal at BCFC, if I remember rightly.
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:33 - Oct 23 with 4617 viewsGeoffSentence

Adam Webster went the other way of course, one of the many transfers that fooked us right up that season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:33 - Oct 23 with 4611 viewsPhilTWTD

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:33 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

Gergen? Skuse was on a free, had turned down a new deal at BCFC, if I remember rightly.

Ah, Gerken! Was also a free.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:38 - Oct 23 with 4553 viewsStevieH

Louie Donowa
Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 21:00 - Oct 23 with 4447 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 18:08 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 21:12 - Oct 23 with 4363 viewsLord_Lucan

Ashton Gate this Wednesday on 20:16 - Oct 23 by Churchman

I was at that game. The locals were throwing stones at the Boardroom windows after it. They weren’t happy. I think the game was 1980.

We actually played them in the FA Cup the following week and won 2-1. The game was much tighter.

Edit: I was also there in the 91/92 promotion season game. We travelled in numbers and thought promotion might be secured. Nope. Andy Cole thought otherwise and we deservedly lost 2-1.

Russell Osman is the obvious player for both clubs and the centre half (Webster?) Bristol City bought from us and made a fortune on.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 20:24]

I went to the FA Cup game.

Almost every window of our train got bricked in.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024