Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange places to see a fellow Town fan 17:54 - Oct 21 with 2055 viewsKeno

Just spent the afternoon having a guided tour of Auschwitz

Half way round met a town fan in new orange away shirt!

A thank you for all the suggestions on here as to how to arrange trip, been amazing weekend
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 17:55]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 1990 viewsZx1988

I know it's horses for courses and a big dollop of personal taste, but I'm not sure I'd wear a football shirt to somewhere as solemn as Auschwitz, let alone a bright orange number.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:13 - Oct 21 with 1950 viewsKeno

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:05 - Oct 21 by Zx1988

I know it's horses for courses and a big dollop of personal taste, but I'm not sure I'd wear a football shirt to somewhere as solemn as Auschwitz, let alone a bright orange number.

Any other team shirt I would agree with you but …..

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:16 - Oct 21 with 1930 viewsPerublue

I admit that was my first thought too.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:25 - Oct 21 with 1889 viewsSwansea_Blue

Must have been a moving experience. I’ll never forget a quiet afternoon spent in Hiroshima, although it’s hard to articulate my feelings of being somewhere like that. It’d be nice to say we learn from from future atrocities, but sadly the events of the last week show that we never do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:38 - Oct 21 with 1824 viewsallezlesbleus

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:25 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

Must have been a moving experience. I’ll never forget a quiet afternoon spent in Hiroshima, although it’s hard to articulate my feelings of being somewhere like that. It’d be nice to say we learn from from future atrocities, but sadly the events of the last week show that we never do.

I know it is mainly down to greed and ego, but I really fail to understand how fecked up the world is. There are so many sobering examples (Auschwitz, Hiroshima, French / Belgium war cemeteries etc.) that would make any sane person think twice about going to war.

However, back to the original subject of the post.......

Whilst visiting Swakopmund after attending a Ziggy Marley concert in Windhoek, to celebrate the Namibian independence, I bumped into a Town fan from Bury St Edmunds. Almost everyone else there were big, butch Afrikaaners, so it was greet to meet a friendly Suffolk boi.
Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:43 - Oct 21 with 1787 viewsbrogansnose

Not really appropriate to wear a football shirt there.
Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:45 - Oct 21 with 1766 viewsKeno

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:25 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

Yes it was very moving and just brings home the scale of what happening

It is something I’ve wanted to do for a while, especially given a very small piece of family which although not directly related to the holocaust does give it an extra relevance

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:50 - Oct 21 with 1737 viewsSwansea_Blue

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:45 - Oct 21 by Keno

Yes it was very moving and just brings home the scale of what happening

It is something I’ve wanted to do for a while, especially given a very small piece of family which although not directly related to the holocaust does give it an extra relevance

I’m glad you got to go. I’d like to one day.

My lad’s off to the Somme next year as part of his French GCSE. I think it’s a great thing that we don’t forget and I’m all for school trips like that. I never had the opportunity; we went to Milton Keynes 🤨

Login to get fewer ads

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:54 - Oct 21 with 1707 viewsPerublue

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:50 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

I’m glad you got to go. I’d like to one day.

My lad’s off to the Somme next year as part of his French GCSE. I think it’s a great thing that we don’t forget and I’m all for school trips like that. I never had the opportunity; we went to Milton Keynes 🤨

yer but the cows mate...and that road system.

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:59 - Oct 21 with 1672 viewsSwansea_Blue

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:54 - Oct 21 by Perublue

yer but the cows mate...and that road system.

I do indeed have pictures of us all on the cows. TWTD. We interviewed local residents and asked them if they liked living in their freaky houses. It was all pretty surreal looking back. Surprisingly, nobody told us to eff off.

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 19:03 - Oct 21 with 1658 viewsPerublue

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:59 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

I do indeed have pictures of us all on the cows. TWTD. We interviewed local residents and asked them if they liked living in their freaky houses. It was all pretty surreal looking back. Surprisingly, nobody told us to eff off.

I think you are a similar age and and schooled in Ipswich ?... we went to the London Docklands on our geography field trip to see the huge change going on...before canary wharf was finished.

remember seeing an ipswich town top worn by a local boy on a beach in 2000 in India...not Goa....that was very odd and unexpected

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 19:30 - Oct 21 with 1568 viewsNthQldITFC

I went full kit w@nker mode for my tours of the Colman's mustard factory, Lotus and Bernard Matthews - bootiful!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 19:49 - Oct 21 with 1490 viewssolemio

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 18:59 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

I could put that right if you would like me to.
Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 20:06 - Oct 21 with 1437 viewsSteve_M

I saw a couple of Town fans in the home shirt in the Natural History Museum today.

A bit more appropriate than where you were today.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 20:48 - Oct 21 with 1377 viewsBasuco

I saw someone in an old orange away shirt at Brands Hatch on the final meeting of the BTCC season.
Strange places to see a fellow Town fan on 21:04 - Oct 21 with 1335 viewsEatonBlue

Whilst on holidays - Welshpool High Street and Swanage Pier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024