Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? 08:05 - Oct 15 with 3469 viewsSheffordBlue

This Friday Tuanzebe will have been at the club for 6 weeks. Lots dependent on him getting up to match sharpness but with Burgess likely to play again for Australia on Tuesday I think there's a good chance that someone else will line up alongside Woolfenden.

While there are no 'easy' games in the Championship Rotherham might be a good opportunity to integrate him into the matchday lineup.

Could well be a start for Taylor as well if Luongo plays for the Aussies on Tuesday.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 08:19 - Oct 15 with 3390 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Kieran said he was hoping to arrange a friendly during the international break. No idea if that has been arranged, if so and it is today/tomorrow, then I'd expect Tuanzebe to start in it. Otherwise I'd say he will stick with two of the three center backs we have used so far this season, and possibly to bring Tuanzebe on for 20 minutes if we are comfortable.

Poll: would you rather

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 08:50 - Oct 15 with 3269 viewsDubtractor

Can't see it tbh - Rotherham aren't a good team, but they give CBs a good going over with their style of football, so would be a pretty rough game to throw him into.

Pretty sure he'll start Burgess unless he's carrying a knock, as he is our best defender against long balls.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:01 - Oct 15 with 3195 viewsfranz_tyson

Why would we shoehorn a player in who's had no gametime for ages? It would be a massive disrespect to the defenders who've got us this far. Not good for team morale IMO. Williams had to wait out his chance from the bench- so i'd expect Tuanzebe to do the same. Tuanzebe would be having to do something incredible in training to jump straight into the team. I'd go with Edmundson first if burgess needs a rest.
Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:28 - Oct 15 with 3060 viewsBlueStreak

Doubt we will see him until after the November internationals tbh. No rush.
Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:37 - Oct 15 with 3017 viewsITFCBlues

Suspect he will play the Fulham game after which he will seriously start to be considered for the first team.

Absoloutley no need to throw him in and a huge disrespect to Rotherham if you think we're just going to show up and roll them over.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:44 - Oct 15 with 2970 viewsSheffordBlue

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:01 - Oct 15 by franz_tyson

Why would we shoehorn a player in who's had no gametime for ages? It would be a massive disrespect to the defenders who've got us this far. Not good for team morale IMO. Williams had to wait out his chance from the bench- so i'd expect Tuanzebe to do the same. Tuanzebe would be having to do something incredible in training to jump straight into the team. I'd go with Edmundson first if burgess needs a rest.

We'll have to introduce him at some point and with Burgess playing Tuesday it's not disrespectful to him to sit him out of a game 3 days later. I get the point with Edmundson so might depend on who is deemed the better fit.

It will obviously depend very much on how he is performing in training but this is a player who has played in Champions League fixtures so I if he perceived to be up to match sharpness then I don't think it's a massive reach to get him into the starting 11 as soon as he is deemed ready. That doesn't imply a criticism of any of the other defenders - just a recognition that we've brought in an upgrade who is likely to become a regular starter if the fitness is there.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 9:47]

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:47 - Oct 15 with 2954 viewsmonty_radio

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:37 - Oct 15 by ITFCBlues

Suspect he will play the Fulham game after which he will seriously start to be considered for the first team.

Absoloutley no need to throw him in and a huge disrespect to Rotherham if you think we're just going to show up and roll them over.

As far as McKenna goes, disrespect would not be a consideration.. He'd introduce him if he thought it would be appropriate, and not, if not. As far as any fan is concerned, we're deliciously free to think whatever we like about Rotherham, way off the mark, or not.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:50 - Oct 15 with 2933 viewsStewart27

The obvious replacement is fridge. After his outstanding performances against Wolves and Hull.

Think Tuanzabe will get some reserve action under his belt first.
Login to get fewer ads

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 10:20 - Oct 15 with 2742 viewsArnieM

He’s a top quality player , better than any of our current CB’s by done margin. He’ll come into the team at some point in the not too distant future. It remains to be seen who McKenna decides to drop.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 11:19 - Oct 15 with 2576 viewsWickets

Would be rare for a player that has been out for so long to start a first team league fixture if KM needs to bring in a CB likely to be Edmundson. Tough game at Rotherham.
Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 11:33 - Oct 15 with 2532 viewsSomethingBlue

I’d be astonished, we would need one heck of an injury crisis. Interested to see if he gets a look in vs Fulham a week or two later though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 11:33 - Oct 15 with 2523 viewsBiGDonnie

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 09:37 - Oct 15 by ITFCBlues

That's exactly what we're going to do.

4-0 Town.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 13:33 - Oct 15 with 2214 viewsSheffordBlue

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 11:33 - Oct 15 by SomethingBlue

I’d be astonished, we would need one heck of an injury crisis. Interested to see if he gets a look in vs Fulham a week or two later though.

Curious as to why you it would need an injury crisis. If fit he's an upgrade on any of our CBs. That's no disrespect to any of the the CBs who were in the squad before he arrived. The big question is whether he's viewed as being up to speed and whether this is seen as a good game to introduce him.

Edmundson coming in for Burgess against Hull showed that it won't necessarily take drops in form or injuries for McKenna to make changes.

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 13:39 - Oct 15 with 2196 viewsTrequartista

Defenders don't really need rotating. Burgess will play against Rotherham. Would like to see Tuanzebe on the bench though. I know we don't like putting centre-backs on the bench but he's got to start somewhere. He is Premier League class when fit.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 13:44 - Oct 15 with 2177 viewsSheffordBlue

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 13:39 - Oct 15 by Trequartista

Defenders don't really need rotating. Burgess will play against Rotherham. Would like to see Tuanzebe on the bench though. I know we don't like putting centre-backs on the bench but he's got to start somewhere. He is Premier League class when fit.

McKenna saw fit to rotate centre-backs against Hull for specific tactical reasons. Burgess may well be fit enough to play Tuesday/Friday but will have had very limited tactical prep time for the Rotherham game whereas the remaining centre backs will have had two weeks.

It may not be the Rotherham match but I think when he does come in it will be as a starter rather than just getting some bench time. The key question is around his fitness/sharpness which none of us can judge.

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 13:49 - Oct 15 with 2148 viewsTrequartista

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 13:44 - Oct 15 by SheffordBlue

McKenna saw fit to rotate centre-backs against Hull for specific tactical reasons. Burgess may well be fit enough to play Tuesday/Friday but will have had very limited tactical prep time for the Rotherham game whereas the remaining centre backs will have had two weeks.

It may not be the Rotherham match but I think when he does come in it will be as a starter rather than just getting some bench time. The key question is around his fitness/sharpness which none of us can judge.

Yes i should specify that i mean defenders aren't often rotated by reasons of tiredness/fitness. I think tactically the Rotherham game will suit Burgess more than any other centre-back.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 14:34 - Oct 15 with 2015 viewsMullet

Would think Fridge if Burgess can't play

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 15:26 - Oct 15 with 1872 viewsEssexBloo

I don’t really want to be one to stir it up but reading this thread would suggest the majority would have Tuanzebe as a 4th choice option.
I don’t think we signed a ex Man Utd player in his prime years to play the 4th choice roll.
Once he’s 100% fit he’s a nailed on starter in my opinion.
Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 15:34 - Oct 15 with 1847 viewsSheffordBlue

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 15:26 - Oct 15 by EssexBloo

I don’t really want to be one to stir it up but reading this thread would suggest the majority would have Tuanzebe as a 4th choice option.
I don’t think we signed a ex Man Utd player in his prime years to play the 4th choice roll.

I agree once fit I think he'll be one of the regular pair. The big question is fitness. I personally think all of the statements below can be true at the same time:

Cam Burgess and Luke Woolfenden have both stepped up to the Championship well.
I would trust the current CB pairing to start in any game.
When fit Axel Tuanzebe will be the best CB at the club.
KMc believes that strong squad cohesion is important.
KMc is not afraid to make difficult selection choices.
KMc will select the players he thinks have the best chance of winning any given match.

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 16:02 - Oct 15 with 1742 viewsWickets

Tuanzebe to start at Rotherham? on 15:26 - Oct 15 by EssexBloo

4th choice at the moment as he has had little or no football !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024