Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching any games this weekend? 11:04 - Oct 13 with 2060 viewsJrm_72

Anyone off travelling to some lower league action this weekend, a women's game perhaps, or off to cheer Ipswich II vs England later even?

I'm off to Milton Keynes ("We used to chase dreams, now we chase the dragon")

MK Dons vs Barrow to tick off another on the 92. Not exactly a glamour tie...

Watching any games this weekend? on 11:09 - Oct 13 with 2022 viewsWallingford_Boy

Wokingham v Wally for me.

Clash of the oranges!

RIP Sir Bobby

Watching any games this weekend? on 11:15 - Oct 13 with 1996 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Soham Town Rangers v Harleston Town.

Massive.
Watching any games this weekend? on 11:16 - Oct 13 with 1993 viewsJakeITFC

England v Australia tonight and England v Italy on Tuesday.
Watching any games this weekend? on 11:19 - Oct 13 with 1993 viewsITFC_Forever

Since Covid, I have used Saturdays when we don't have a game to help tick off the 92, but at the moment a few other events in life are stopping me do that, so I am still stuck on 80.

Meanwhile, my other three mates are forging on (it should be mentioned they are all single, which makes it easier for them) - they are on 82, 86 and 88.
The two on 82 and 88 are going to Wrexham v Salford tomorrow to tick that one off.
The one on 88 then needs Northampton, Barrow and Man City to complete the set.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Watching any games this weekend? on 11:29 - Oct 13 with 1973 views_clive_baker_

Yes I'm off to Dulwich Hamlet v Kingstonian tomorrow in the Ryman Prem. I've been to Dulwich a number of times, I find the overt hipster cliche a bit nauseating tbh but a friend of mine who I'm going with lives on Lordship lane so it's a short stroll from his and a good opportunity to have some pints, watch some football and then get into the pub afterwards for Ireland v NZ in the togger. I used to play for Kingstonian, they still owe me about 400 so maybe I'll rob their mini bus or something as collateral.
Watching any games this weekend? on 11:58 - Oct 13 with 1918 viewsbluelagos

Watching any games this weekend? on 11:29 - Oct 13 by _clive_baker_

Yes I'm off to Dulwich Hamlet v Kingstonian tomorrow in the Ryman Prem. I've been to Dulwich a number of times, I find the overt hipster cliche a bit nauseating tbh but a friend of mine who I'm going with lives on Lordship lane so it's a short stroll from his and a good opportunity to have some pints, watch some football and then get into the pub afterwards for Ireland v NZ in the togger. I used to play for Kingstonian, they still owe me about 400 so maybe I'll rob their mini bus or something as collateral.

Been to see them a handful of times (with a mate who volunteers for them) and your comment about the hipster influence is spot on. I was after a pie and queued up to find the van was selling fried Halloumi - I didn't even know what is was ffs.

Sure a couple of our board regulars would fit right in :-)

Best bit is if it rains - they have a clubhouse with beers and a big glass front that runs along most of the pitch. Proper impressed with that.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Watching any games this weekend? on 12:16 - Oct 13 with 1897 views_clive_baker_

Watching any games this weekend? on 11:58 - Oct 13 by bluelagos

Been to see them a handful of times (with a mate who volunteers for them) and your comment about the hipster influence is spot on. I was after a pie and queued up to find the van was selling fried Halloumi - I didn't even know what is was ffs.

Best bit is if it rains - they have a clubhouse with beers and a big glass front that runs along most of the pitch. Proper impressed with that.

Call me old fashioned but sometimes you just want a football ground to be a football ground innit, it's a bit different if I'm mooching around a Christmas market with my wife. Last time I went it was all halloumi wraps, jerk chicken and mulled wine. Don't ask me why but I just want a pint and some chips that'll likely burn my mouth, and some of the rank vinegary ketchup I can squeeze out of a plastic tomato.

I also saw a fan holding a sign saying 'don't buy the Sun'. I mean, I agree, but I'm not really sure why or what point you're making at Dulwich vs Hendon. You can't move for tweed in that end stand.

The clubhouse is decent to be fair. Good view of the pitch from there and can normally get the scores rolling in on the TV.
Watching any games this weekend? on 12:18 - Oct 13 with 1882 viewsTractorCam

England tonight then Walsall v Gillingham tomorrow, also for the 92. Thrilling!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Watching any games this weekend? on 14:17 - Oct 13 with 1739 viewsGiant_Midget

Chelsea v West Ham in the WSL.
Watching any games this weekend? on 14:29 - Oct 13 with 1718 viewsjontysnut

Redcar Town v Newcastle University. Ticking off Prem to Step 6 grounds in the old Yorkshire ridings.
Watching any games this weekend? on 14:32 - Oct 13 with 1713 viewsWhos_blue

Watching any games this weekend? on 11:19 - Oct 13 by ITFC_Forever

Since Covid, I have used Saturdays when we don't have a game to help tick off the 92, but at the moment a few other events in life are stopping me do that, so I am still stuck on 80.

Meanwhile, my other three mates are forging on (it should be mentioned they are all single, which makes it easier for them) - they are on 82, 86 and 88.
The two on 82 and 88 are going to Wrexham v Salford tomorrow to tick that one off.
The one on 88 then needs Northampton, Barrow and Man City to complete the set.

I really admire people chasing the 92.
My mate and his son are in their early days (maybe 20ish) and are loving it.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Watching any games this weekend? on 14:44 - Oct 13 with 1686 viewsWickets

Mildenhall at home for me can't remember the opposition but it will be a big shock if they lose .
Watching any games this weekend? on 17:20 - Oct 13 with 1616 viewsjontysnut

Watching any games this weekend? on 14:32 - Oct 13 by Whos_blue

I really admire people chasing the 92.
My mate and his son are in their early days (maybe 20ish) and are loving it.

Until a few years ago if you'd been to, say, Wrexham, and they dropped out of the league and then came back up again, 92 club rules meant you had to revisit to keep up your membership. A couple of mates managed to get that changed.
Watching any games this weekend? on 19:18 - Oct 13 with 1537 viewsSwansea_Blue

Watching any games this weekend? on 17:20 - Oct 13 by jontysnut

Until a few years ago if you'd been to, say, Wrexham, and they dropped out of the league and then came back up again, 92 club rules meant you had to revisit to keep up your membership. A couple of mates managed to get that changed.

I had a ST for a year at Wrexham. They were a half decent watch and doing well back then (but none of the hysteria they get now). Local club at the time and all that, so it filled the time between Town away matches in the midlands/north west. They had Carlos Edwards on the wing that year. Lee Trundle was there and a cut above. Dennis Laurence was at the back, who looked about 8’6”. And Andy Dibble was the fan’s favourite in goal - I’m not sure how good a keeper he was, but it’s a cracking name.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Watching any games this weekend? on 19:51 - Oct 13 with 1522 viewsjontysnut

Watching any games this weekend? on 19:18 - Oct 13 by Swansea_Blue

I had a ST for a year at Wrexham. They were a half decent watch and doing well back then (but none of the hysteria they get now). Local club at the time and all that, so it filled the time between Town away matches in the midlands/north west. They had Carlos Edwards on the wing that year. Lee Trundle was there and a cut above. Dennis Laurence was at the back, who looked about 8’6”. And Andy Dibble was the fan’s favourite in goal - I’m not sure how good a keeper he was, but it’s a cracking name.

I remember Andy Dibble when he was at City. You'd hope his nickname was 'Officer'.
Watching any games this weekend? on 20:00 - Oct 13 with 1515 viewslazyblue

No, unless Ipswich are playing I really couldn’t care less .
Watching any games this weekend? on 20:29 - Oct 13 with 1491 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Watching any games this weekend? on 11:58 - Oct 13 by bluelagos

Halloumi....I'm in.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Watching any games this weekend? on 20:44 - Oct 13 with 1460 viewsbrazil1982

York v Needham Market.
Watching any games this weekend? on 22:34 - Oct 13 with 1422 viewsskinnybob72

Scotland U21s vs Hungary U21s this evening at Motherwell's ground - Slicker was in nets for us.

Tomorrow is a trip to darkest Ayrshire following my local side, Arniston Rangers, as they take on the mighty Auchinleck Talbot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024