Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop enjoying this! 05:53 - Sep 20 with 4992 viewsBlueNomad

We’re “nothing special” with “strangely quiet fans” according to Saints fans.

Am I bothered?
Stop enjoying this! on 06:10 - Sep 20 with 4226 viewsChurchman

With their strangely quiet empty seats and tea towel kit, they’re nothing special either.

Their view on us? Well, they may be right, they may not be, but like five other teams so far, they’ve been sent packing with zippo points.
Stop enjoying this! on 06:37 - Sep 20 with 4091 viewstextbackup

Typical ‘did your team lose bingo’

- mention fans were quiet
- mention opposition werent nothing special
- claim opposition will slip away

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stop enjoying this! on 06:41 - Sep 20 with 4046 viewsBluedandy

Vintage sour grapes. Soulless Southampton have never been special in their entire history.
Stop enjoying this! on 06:42 - Sep 20 with 4049 viewsyorkshireblue

Odd isn’t it… Wednesday fans said we weren’t anything special after the weekend. So did Stoke fans. And Sunderland fans… and QPR fans… and Cardiff fans…
Stop enjoying this! on 06:56 - Sep 20 with 3907 viewsChurchman

Stop enjoying this! on 06:41 - Sep 20 by Bluedandy

Vintage sour grapes. Soulless Southampton have never been special in their entire history.

Strange club, Southampton. Apart from the FA Cup in 76 and a few finals, they’ve never done much really. I went to the Dell about half a dozen times and it certainly wasn’t soulless. A small, dump of a ground but noisy and full of character.

I’ve not been to St Mary’s but it looks very similar to Leicester, Derby - new ground and soulless with it. I suspect that doesn’t help when times are tough.

It’s a bit off topic, but while we all know PR needs serious work I hope that should it happen the unique character of the ground remains. It’s part of our identity.
Stop enjoying this! on 07:09 - Sep 20 with 3808 viewsVaughan8

To be honest, we weren't anything special last night. But we seem to be a great team, and high on confidence.

We've always got a goal in us. Our only loss meant the other team needed to get 4...!
Stop enjoying this! on 07:26 - Sep 20 with 3637 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stop enjoying this! on 06:10 - Sep 20 by Churchman

With their strangely quiet empty seats and tea towel kit, they’re nothing special either.

Their view on us? Well, they may be right, they may not be, but like five other teams so far, they’ve been sent packing with zippo points.

And like 4 other teams so far with zero goals as well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stop enjoying this! on 07:33 - Sep 20 with 3587 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stop enjoying this! on 07:09 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

To be honest, we weren't anything special last night. But we seem to be a great team, and high on confidence.

We've always got a goal in us. Our only loss meant the other team needed to get 4...!

We weren’t at our best, agreed, but we still played through their lines at will and had 3 of the best 4 chances of the game. I’ll take that “nothing special”, 3 points and a clean sheet every time.

Maybe TownTV only put mics in front of our stand, but I could hear our fans all match. Although in fairness, there were times I couldn’t hear them supporting us as well because S’ton were being booed so loudly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Stop enjoying this! on 07:33 - Sep 20 with 3588 viewshoppy

Maybe they ought to watch the match back again… watching on the sky red button last night, there was no way our fans were ‘strangely quiet’.. we were loud the whole way through.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Stop enjoying this! on 07:36 - Sep 20 with 3557 viewsCrockerITFC

We only seemed quiet because they couldn't hear us for all their booing
Stop enjoying this! on 07:39 - Sep 20 with 3538 viewsHerbivore

Watching on Sky, the only fans I heard all night were our fans. If we were quiet, what does that make them?

And we were nothing special but on another night we could easily have beaten them by two or three.

I guess I'd be bitter if I supported that shower as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stop enjoying this! on 08:14 - Sep 20 with 3285 viewsChorleyBoy

Is that a club view of us or just a one off, disgruntled fan?
Arf on 08:16 - Sep 20 with 3268 viewsDyland

Sounds like they were talking about themselves. Quiet as dormice for the most part (as most fans are when it's going poorly tbf), and the team were totally disjointed with clearly gifted players but no identity or coherent and consistent tactic.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Stop enjoying this! on 08:19 - Sep 20 with 3229 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Stop enjoying this! on 06:42 - Sep 20 by yorkshireblue

Odd isn’t it… Wednesday fans said we weren’t anything special after the weekend. So did Stoke fans. And Sunderland fans… and QPR fans… and Cardiff fans…

It's all online wind, aside from Wednesdays support who set about attacking our fans at random after the game and acted like complete scum. Frankly if thats how they behave they should be booted out of the EFL, its unsafe for opposition supporters to go to now and policing was a joke.
Stop enjoying this! on 08:25 - Sep 20 with 3198 viewsButterbing

I watched on TownTV and could hear our 3000 fans almost the entire game. Considering the attendance was apparently 27000 I think it’s clear who was quiet. Just sour grapes.
Funny innit on 08:29 - Sep 20 with 3160 viewsDyland

Stop enjoying this! on 06:42 - Sep 20 by yorkshireblue

The usual online trolls and know-nothings, and a tiny minority of actual football fans (of any club). I hope I'm not judged on Bedsheet's antics e.g.

We look so well orgnanised, with grit and graft and flashes of technical brilliance. If we multiply those flashes and find our clinical shooting boots (Hirst and Burns e.g.... and Chappers has been very unlucky) we'll do very well indeed.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Stop enjoying this! on 08:30 - Sep 20 with 3141 viewsBiGDonnie

Waaaaaa bellends.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Stop enjoying this! on 08:59 - Sep 20 with 3027 viewsGuthrum

The first element is merely an extra rhetorical stick with which to berate their own team's performance. It's masochistic introvertion, not genuine analysis of the opposition.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stop enjoying this! on 09:16 - Sep 20 with 2947 viewsitfc_bucks

Stop enjoying this! on 07:33 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

We weren’t at our best, agreed, but we still played through their lines at will and had 3 of the best 4 chances of the game. I’ll take that “nothing special”, 3 points and a clean sheet every time.

Maybe TownTV only put mics in front of our stand, but I could hear our fans all match. Although in fairness, there were times I couldn’t hear them supporting us as well because S’ton were being booed so loudly.

I was on the Soton stream, and you could still hear our fans quite easily.

To say we were quiet is patently nonsense.
Stop enjoying this! on 10:09 - Sep 20 with 2700 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Stop enjoying this! on 06:41 - Sep 20 by Bluedandy

1976 FA Cup winners.

Which puts them above Norwich in the Honours ranking table.
Stop enjoying this! on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 2642 viewsNthQldITFC

Stop enjoying this! on 10:09 - Sep 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

1976 FA Cup winners.

Which puts them above Norwich in the Honours ranking table.

Definition of a low bar, old boy!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stop enjoying this! on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 2636 viewsSarge

Stop enjoying this! on 07:39 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Watching on Sky, the only fans I heard all night were our fans. If we were quiet, what does that make them?

And we were nothing special but on another night we could easily have beaten them by two or three.

Tbf I thought their fans were pretty loud through most of the game, which was particularly noticeable because the team gave them absolutely nothing to shout about. That said, the away section seemed to be located right next to their equivalent of section 6 which is where all the noise came from. The rest of the ground may as well have been empty.
Stop enjoying this! on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 2585 viewsportmanroadblue

I think we have looked very professional and disciplined during all our games, we definitely need to be more clinical when we create our chances, but what i've liked and enjoyed so far is the depth of squad when we have had so many injuries and players with niggles or still not 100% fit but still competing and working as a team.
Stop enjoying this! on 12:36 - Sep 20 with 2344 viewsKropotkin123

Stop enjoying this! on 07:39 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

To be fair to them, when you lose games 5-0 and 4-1, easily beating them by two or three probably isn't that special!

Bizarre as it sounds, I also think we will grow into the season a bit more. Players are still getting better and better. Omari is a great example, but it is more subtle elsewhere.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Stop enjoying this! on 13:01 - Sep 20 with 2254 viewsbournemouthblue

Stop enjoying this! on 07:09 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

The worrying thing from a Southampton point of view is that we didn't have to be 'special' to beat them, that was probably 6/7 out of 10 performance really

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024