Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop enjoying this! 05:53 - Sep 20 with 5080 viewsBlueNomad

We’re “nothing special” with “strangely quiet fans” according to Saints fans.

Am I bothered?
Stop enjoying this! on 15:29 - Sep 20 with 670 viewsHerbivore

Stop enjoying this! on 12:36 - Sep 20 by Kropotkin123

To be fair to them, when you lose games 5-0 and 4-1, easily beating them by two or three probably isn't that special!

Bizarre as it sounds, I also think we will grow into the season a bit more. Players are still getting better and better. Omari is a great example, but it is more subtle elsewhere.

I agree with you on us getting better, a few players still new to us and others new to the league. I feel we've already improved, we saw that game out much more easily than the Sunderland one, for example, but last night and in other games we've had good situations where we could have killed the game off and we've not quite executed. If we can improve even 10% in that aspect of our game then we'll be a real force.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stop enjoying this! on 15:33 - Sep 20 with 652 viewsOsborneOneNil

Stop enjoying this! on 07:09 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

To be honest, we weren't anything special last night. But we seem to be a great team, and high on confidence.

We've always got a goal in us. Our only loss meant the other team needed to get 4...!

We were great last night, but not as fluid as usual. It was a magical night where everything seemed 'just right'.

We were LOUD, as fans. Loved it.
Stop enjoying this! on 15:45 - Sep 20 with 619 viewsyellowrider

Stop enjoying this! on 06:42 - Sep 20 by yorkshireblue

Odd isn’t it… Wednesday fans said we weren’t anything special after the weekend. So did Stoke fans. And Sunderland fans… and QPR fans… and Cardiff fans…

Perhaps there's a message there somewhere!
Stop enjoying this! on 15:52 - Sep 20 with 604 viewsDevereuxxx

My boss is a Saints fan and straight away went into the 'you weren't very good though' narrative this morning. I heard the same after QPR, Sunderland etc. But if we're not playing well and sit on 4 wins out of 4 away from home, imagine what we'll be like when we get going (that's firmly tongue in cheek, sometime home fans just refuse to admit the other team has put in a perfectly cromulent away performance).

He did say however that Ipswich fans were some of the best, if not the best, fans he's seen there in years. 'They absolutely schooled us' was his exact quote.
Stop enjoying this! on 15:57 - Sep 20 with 578 viewsgainsboroughblue

Strangely quiet.

What utter bull. And they know it. Just normal crap fans come out with as a defence mechanism when they've been schooled on or off the pitch.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 15:58]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Stop enjoying this! on 17:15 - Sep 20 with 505 viewsVegtablue

Perhaps they were confused and thought the marching in chant was being sung by their own for much of the night? I was watching the Saints feed and we sounded notably loud. Alternatively, it could just be a rubbish ground in which noise never travels well.

The 'nothing special' charge is one I understand better. We're not a team your average neutral or opposition fan will watch in our league and go 'wow'. We were that in League One but you need top talent, like Leeds briefly had against us before selling it, to make waves among most opposition supporters in the Championship. I watched Leicester on Friday and they have it.

No question, our players are showing they're very at home in their new surroundings. One or two may be showing they're even better than this level, but not in positions that always smack you in the face. We're a brilliant unit with highly advanced coaching aren't we, but we don't routinely execute our plays with the precision and quality of lower PL or outstanding Champ sides. I thought Omari stood out last night as a player who could attract the attention of opposition fans in future games, such was his quality in moments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024