Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Brand 23:28 - Sep 15 with 38976 views_clive_baker_

Big weekend for him then
Russell Brand on 06:35 - Sep 16 with 12649 viewsdickie

He's definitely come out fighting preemptively!
Russell Brand on 07:12 - Sep 16 with 12592 viewsMullet

Russell Brand on 06:35 - Sep 16 by dickie

He's definitely come out fighting preemptively!

Imagine being a fan of his and completely clueless.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Russell Brand on 07:22 - Sep 16 with 12548 viewsSteve_M

Russell Brand on 07:12 - Sep 16 by Mullet

Imagine being a fan of his and completely clueless.

This could be a whole five-pager now!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Russell Brand on 07:37 - Sep 16 with 12520 viewsZx1988

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Russell Brand on 08:06 - Sep 16 with 12360 viewsMullet

Russell Brand on 07:22 - Sep 16 by Steve_M

This could be a whole five-pager now!

He's been an insufferable, annoying gobshyte for years. Nowhere near as clever or clued up as he tries to convince himself he is. Constantly trying to stay relevant and ride whatever trends gets him noticed. There's not much else to say is there?

Russell Brand on 09:12 - Sep 16 with 12153 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Most normal people, who didn't dislike him anyway, hated him after the Andrew Sachs granddaughter debacle. I feel sorry for his mother who I have met and she is lovely.
Russell Brand on 09:31 - Sep 16 with 12082 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Brand on 08:06 - Sep 16 by Mullet

He's been an insufferable, annoying gobshyte for years. Nowhere near as clever or clued up as he tries to convince himself he is. Constantly trying to stay relevant and ride whatever trends gets him noticed. There's not much else to say is there?

Really? I quite like Steve_M. Obviously has his issues, but one of our better posters imo.

(For those of us not on Twitbook, what’s brand done now?)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Russell Brand on 09:34 - Sep 16 with 12066 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Russell Brand on 09:31 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

Really? I quite like Steve_M. Obviously has his issues, but one of our better posters imo.

Something to do with this?

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/sep/16/russell-brand-posts-video-online

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Brand on 09:41 - Sep 16 with 12029 viewsNthQldITFC

Russell Brand on 08:06 - Sep 16 by Mullet

What sort of stuff does he tend to talk about? I know who he is, vaguely, but I have to say that he comes across as the sort of desperate narcissist that I have to turn off immediately. Wasn't he a Covid denier? Climate change denial too?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Russell Brand on 09:41 - Sep 16 with 12026 viewswellsy700

Russell Brand on 09:12 - Sep 16 by BrentwoodBlagger2

Most normal people, who didn't dislike him anyway, hated him after the Andrew Sachs granddaughter debacle. I feel sorry for his mother who I have met and she is lovely.

To be fair, I always thought Jonathan Ross was the main instigator of that incident

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Russell Brand on 09:47 - Sep 16 with 11946 viewsMullet

Russell Brand on 09:31 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

You know the M stands for Massive Arsehole right? Terrible bloke. The worst. He puts the wrong bin out to mess with his neighbours and all sorts.

Russell Brand on 09:51 - Sep 16 with 11908 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Brand on 09:47 - Sep 16 by Mullet

You know the M stands for Massive Arsehole right? Terrible bloke. The worst. He puts the wrong bin out to mess with his neighbours and all sorts.

I always thought it stood for moron, but every day is a learning day on here

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Russell Brand on 09:53 - Sep 16 with 11907 viewsnoggin

Whatever you think of RB, this endeared me to him at the time.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Russell Brand on 10:00 - Sep 16 with 11839 viewsBlueBadger

Russell Brand on 09:41 - Sep 16 by NthQldITFC

What sort of stuff does he tend to talk about? I know who he is, vaguely, but I have to say that he comes across as the sort of desperate narcissist that I have to turn off immediately. Wasn't he a Covid denier? Climate change denial too?

He went full tinfoil hat during the pandemic.

Monbiot(I'm not a fan, but it's a good summary) basically sums it up here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/10/russell-brand-politics-pub

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Russell Brand on 10:01 - Sep 16 with 11826 viewsBlueBadger

Russell Brand on 09:41 - Sep 16 by wellsy700

To be fair, I always thought Jonathan Ross was the main instigator of that incident

Just two pricks egging each other on, tbh.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Russell Brand on 10:05 - Sep 16 with 11818 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Russell Brand on 09:53 - Sep 16 by noggin

Whatever you think of RB, this endeared me to him at the time.

Brand's a polarising character, some like him some hate him. It's weird (by some) to take an extreme stance either way before knowing the facts. Those who claim to hate him but seem to know everything he does/posts on his youtube channel are the most odd.

Apparently it's not just Brand accused in this Dispatches programme, it's "a mass expose of an obscene amount of high profile comedians." It's just that Brand is the only one so far to come out and deny it. I wonder who else is on the hit list.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Russell Brand on 10:05 - Sep 16 with 11801 viewsHerbivore

Russell Brand on 10:00 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

He went full tinfoil hat during the pandemic.

Monbiot(I'm not a fan, but it's a good summary) basically sums it up here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/10/russell-brand-politics-pub

He's a grifter who realised there was an audience to be gathered by telling some people what they wanted to hear. I saw someone posted a video of him clashing with Farage, I'd actually lump them in the same bracket of self-glorifying narcissists who represent the very worst of hunanity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Russell Brand on 10:09 - Sep 16 with 11778 viewsnoggin

Russell Brand on 10:05 - Sep 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

Brand's a polarising character, some like him some hate him. It's weird (by some) to take an extreme stance either way before knowing the facts. Those who claim to hate him but seem to know everything he does/posts on his youtube channel are the most odd.

Apparently it's not just Brand accused in this Dispatches programme, it's "a mass expose of an obscene amount of high profile comedians." It's just that Brand is the only one so far to come out and deny it. I wonder who else is on the hit list.

I know nothing else of him. Is he often on tv in the UK?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Russell Brand on 10:16 - Sep 16 with 11757 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There was a list circulating post #Metoo within the comedy industry.
It was added to on closed comedy industry Facebook groups.

Lots of lower level comedians and promoters and some higher profile names.

Many used the "jealous rivals or spurned lovers" defence, and there was a spectrum of behaviours and offences. eg promoters at the bottom end of the market effectively giving gigs in exchange for sexual favours, through creepy behaviour in changing rooms (that's what did for Louis CK in the States for a while) to sexual assaults, rape and drugging.

I'm not going to name names, as it was very secondhand when I saw it.

There were a couple of comedians I didn't book as a result of things said by more than one person who I knew and trusted, though.

The pandemic gave many the perfect reason to leave the comedy world and not return.
Russell Brand on 10:17 - Sep 16 with 11746 viewsDaninthecampo

Russell Brand on 10:09 - Sep 16 by noggin

Not anymore he's too controversial for any channels these days, so he lives in his on YouTube echo chamber preaching to the world
Russell Brand on 10:19 - Sep 16 with 11726 viewsBlueBadger

Russell Brand on 10:05 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

He's a grifter who realised there was an audience to be gathered by telling some people what they wanted to hear. I saw someone posted a video of him clashing with Farage, I'd actually lump them in the same bracket of self-glorifying narcissists who represent the very worst of hunanity.

Oh yeah, he's always been an opportunistic rapey-vibes scumbag preying on the easily conned, he's just now above ground and up front with it.

And Farage isn't very nice, either.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 13:47]

Russell Brand on 10:21 - Sep 16 with 11709 viewsBlueBadger

Russell Brand on 10:09 - Sep 16 by noggin

Not very much nowadays, thankfully. He was about as funny as he is well-informed.

Russell Brand on 10:43 - Sep 16 with 11606 viewsgiant_stow

Russell Brand on 10:21 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

Not very much nowadays, thankfully. He was about as funny as he is well-informed.

Personally I thought he was great in the early of big brothers little brother: funny, charming, interested in the sad sacks who used to site in the audience.

Not sure what happened to him, but the latest version of the guy isn't impressive. Bit sad really

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Russell Brand on 10:54 - Sep 16 with 11522 viewslowhouseblue

perhaps there's been a misunderstanding and it's really jo that they're after?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Russell Brand on 11:56 - Sep 16 with 9866 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Russell Brand on 10:19 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

Oh yeah, he's always been an opportunistic rapey-vibes scumbag preying on the easily conned, he's just now above ground and up front with it.

And Farage isn't very nice, either.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 13:47]

You might want to edit that, assuming you and/or Phil don't want to get sued. Unless you have some evidence of course.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024