Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad 21:12 - Sep 12 with 2667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't even get a game for his club.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 21:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the Englnad squad on 21:13 - Sep 12 with 2472 viewsButterbing

You are pathetic
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:14 - Sep 12 with 2445 viewsJ2BLUE

I feel sorry for him. Just nothing going right for him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the Englnad squad on 21:14 - Sep 12 with 2447 viewsScuzzer

Comes on and scores...an OG!
TAXI FOR MAGUIRE!

Established 1968

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the Englnad squad on 21:14 - Sep 12 with 2444 viewsredrickstuhaart

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the Englnad squad on 21:13 - Sep 12 by Butterbing

You are pathetic

He's correct. Can't possibly be sharp not playing regularly at a high level. He's on for Gareth to make some sort of point.
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the Englnad squad on 21:15 - Sep 12 with 2420 viewshomer_123

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the Englnad squad on 21:13 - Sep 12 by Butterbing

You are pathetic

It's not an unfair point.

HM and Phillips not getting game time but make the international squad. Irrespective of anything else, what message does that send?

I like HM and for England he's been generally excellent but the OPs point is valid.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 21:22]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:15 - Sep 12 with 2398 viewsLeoMuff

Southgate should have changed it up 10 mins ago, we were looking like conceding for a while.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:16 - Sep 12 with 2382 viewsSimonds92

Well if you're piling in because of the OG you're wrong. If you mentioned this days ago that would be fair enough and I'd agree. However the biggest questionmark is Phillips. We're well stocked in that area and he hasnt played any mnutes for well over a year. Whereas CB is not our strongest position.
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:19 - Sep 12 with 2328 viewsLankHenners

Feel a bit sorry for him really. For some reason he became public enemy number 1 and he's had everyone on his back ever since over-analysing everything he does just to stick a knife in.

Don't think there's anything wrong in principle with selecting a player who's been a solid performer for country regardless of club form, although Southgate's not been particularly consistent with that and his answers to questions on the subject haven't been very convincing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the Englnad squad on 21:21 - Sep 12 with 2293 viewsGlasgowBlue

You are pathetic

Why do you say that?

Iron Lion Zion

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:26 - Sep 12 with 2237 viewsVic

Maybe not, but has always done well for England. Can understand why Southgate picks him - but if there’s others that can be assured to do better they should be in the team. Currently I’m not sure how many are ahead of him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:35 - Sep 12 with 2157 viewsredrickstuhaart

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:26 - Sep 12 by Vic

Maybe not, but has always done well for England. Can understand why Southgate picks him - but if there’s others that can be assured to do better they should be in the team. Currently I’m not sure how many are ahead of him.

Tomore hasnt even had a chance.
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:44 - Sep 12 with 2102 viewsNutkins_Return

'anywhere near it is ridiculous'. He's probably still the best Centre Back we have. He'd walk into a lot of top teams in Europe without all the stupid press he's got here. Then the big pile on from fans because it's hilarious...

The bit that is right though is him not playing much club will increase the issue.
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:45 - Sep 12 with 2075 viewsNutkins_Return

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:16 - Sep 12 by Simonds92

Well if you're piling in because of the OG you're wrong. If you mentioned this days ago that would be fair enough and I'd agree. However the biggest questionmark is Phillips. We're well stocked in that area and he hasnt played any mnutes for well over a year. Whereas CB is not our strongest position.

Well said
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:49 - Sep 12 with 2050 viewsSwansea_Blue

I still can’t get over how much Utd paid for him. Phenomenally overpriced. Not that he’s a really bad player, just a limited one so worth about £15m-£20m rather than the £silly million they paid.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 22:11 - Sep 12 with 1931 viewsBlueBadger

Cracking finish for his goal though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 22:36 - Sep 12 with 1852 viewsronnyd

Thought that Dunk had quite a good game.
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 23:58 - Sep 12 with 1693 viewstractordownsouth

Felt for him. I thought the decision to play him Saturday was correct because with Stones out, playing an entirely new CB partnership as well as our second choice left back would have been too much change.

It’s getting harder to justify his inclusion moving forwards though. I’d like to see Colwill or Guehi partner Stones at the Euros.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 00:24 - Sep 13 with 1635 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Shouldn't be near any football pitch.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 00:26 - Sep 13 with 1633 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 21:44 - Sep 12 by Nutkins_Return

'anywhere near it is ridiculous'. He's probably still the best Centre Back we have. He'd walk into a lot of top teams in Europe without all the stupid press he's got here. Then the big pile on from fans because it's hilarious...

The bit that is right though is him not playing much club will increase the issue.

</sarcasm>

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 07:16 - Sep 13 with 1427 viewsbluelagos

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 22:36 - Sep 12 by ronnyd

Thought that Dunk had quite a good game.

"Harry Maguire, Lewis Dunk is terrified" 😂

I think he is playing football in the wrong decade tbh. 1970/80s and he'd be lauded.

But in the modern game where CBs passing is so important he at times looks a weak link.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 07:17 - Sep 13 with 1424 viewsGlasgowBlue

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 23:58 - Sep 12 by tractordownsouth

Felt for him. I thought the decision to play him Saturday was correct because with Stones out, playing an entirely new CB partnership as well as our second choice left back would have been too much change.

It’s getting harder to justify his inclusion moving forwards though. I’d like to see Colwill or Guehi partner Stones at the Euros.

Thought Lewis Dunk was immense last night.

Iron Lion Zion

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 08:37 - Sep 13 with 1262 viewsWickets

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 07:17 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Thought Lewis Dunk was immense last night.

Yes he was , Bellingham excellent , Phillips very good too !
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 09:59 - Sep 13 with 1099 viewssolemio

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 08:37 - Sep 13 by Wickets

Yes he was , Bellingham excellent , Phillips very good too !

Walker was 2nd best player on the pitch after Bellingham.
Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 11:04 - Sep 13 with 1026 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on 11:12 - Sep 13 with 1012 viewsLion

I know he is a multi millionaire and we would all swap places with him, but i feel really sorry for him and nothing is going right for him at the moment. I really dislike the treatment he is getting though, it is bullying on a huge scale. Having said that, I don't think he is in the best 4 english centre halves we have though and as for Lewis Dunk, I don't know that much about him but I thought he was faultless last night. Should he play next to John Stones as our first pick centre backs? If not, what is our best cb pairing?

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024