Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 most underrated town players of all time 10:36 - Sep 10 with 6360 viewsKeno

I'll start with Steve McCall

feel free to add the other 11

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:40 - Sep 10 with 3954 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Jamma

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:41 - Sep 10 with 3945 viewsWestSussexBlue

Micky Stockwell…proper workhorse.
12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:42 - Sep 10 with 3940 viewsazuremerlangus

I thought he was usually a No. 12?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:42 - Sep 10 with 3942 viewsArgyle_blue

Micky Stockwell
12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:44 - Sep 10 with 3934 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Mick Stockwell, for me.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:49 - Sep 10 with 3919 viewsChurchman

12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:44 - Sep 10 by BasingstokeBlue

Mick Stockwell, for me.

And me. Stockwell was a very good player.

For the real oldies another that always goes under the radar is Bryan Hamilton. Between 71 and 75 he made over 150 appearances scoring 43 goals from midfield.
12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:51 - Sep 10 with 3902 viewsleitrimblue

Mich d'Avray
12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:57 - Sep 10 with 3893 viewstractorshark

Stockwell for me. Pretty much played every position and gave everything. Much better than people gave him credit for but his arrival followed years of extraordinary success, so we had been spoiled by then. Remember him playing up front and scoring 2 at Leicester and thought apart from going in goal, he genuinely could play anywhere.

Steve Whitton was a pivotal part of the promotion campaign in 91/92. Signed as a striker, played as a winger and was very underrated that year.

More recently, maybe Skuse. We always looked more solid with him in the side. He became a stick to beat McCarthy with but it was a lazy argument.
Login to get fewer ads

12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:57 - Sep 10 with 3886 viewsWeWereZombies

This has been done before and the answer is always Paul Mason.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

12 most underrated town players of all time on 11:17 - Sep 10 with 3844 viewswhymark4lazio0

Trevor Whymark. Very important role in establishing ITFC as a top team in the top league. Was one of the first of the outstanding players to be developed through the youth system. Talbot, Burley, Beattie,Butcher,Osman, Wark, Gates, Brazil and many others followed.

Not tall and certainly not muscular, he relied on timing, spring heels, ability to hang in the air and competitive spirit to be the best forward headerer in the country and he was underrated on the ground. Unlucky to only win a solitary England cap.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

12 most underrated town players of all time on 11:29 - Sep 10 with 3810 viewsMattinLondon

David Wright
Jason Scotland
12 most underrated town players of all time on 11:34 - Sep 10 with 3801 viewsHipsterectomy

Neil Alexander was very good. If we had kept him for more than 3/4 months and/or not got Bywater as his replacement I think we could have gone up.

Jonathan Parr as well. Guy came in and was an important player who helped us get the play offs. Then was sold almost as quickly as he came due to never being a starter. I even had to google his name as couldn’t remember what he was called

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

12 most underrated town players of all time on 11:55 - Sep 10 with 3757 viewsblueprint

Definitely Steve McCall. An absolutely fantastic servant for the club.
12 most underrated town players of all time on 13:44 - Sep 10 with 3625 viewsElephantintheRoom

Paul Mason usually wins this one - though I’d suggest Simon Milton.

McCall was very highly rated - just a bit ordinary in a very good team

How about Kevin Beattie? Few people outside Ipswich know much about him and even at the height of his powers England managers preferred Colin Todd.

Of those currently playing perhaps Pope? Good enough for England and Newcastle - but very underrated whilst at Town.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

12 most underrated town players of all time on 13:45 - Sep 10 with 3626 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

12 most underrated town players of all time on 13:48 - Sep 10 with 3600 viewsNeedhamChris

Richard Naylor

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

12 most underrated town players of all time on 13:50 - Sep 10 with 3599 viewsDarkBrandon

Zondervan, maybe.

Darren Ambrose is underrated too. Not because he’s viewed as a poor or mediocre player, but just he wasn’t viewed as sensationally good as he truly was.

Jason Cundy’s name rarely appears in lists of our best defenders. He too was brilliant when he was fit.
12 most underrated town players of all time on 13:56 - Sep 10 with 3559 viewsPippin1970

Ian Cranson
12 most underrated town players of all time on 14:17 - Sep 10 with 3500 viewsCrayonKing

12 most underrated town players of all time on 10:41 - Sep 10 by WestSussexBlue

Micky Stockwell…proper workhorse.

My favourite town player growing up

When Phil did the My Best Town 11 series during lockdown it was notable how many former team-mates picked him, and how highly they rated him. I think if he was a bit taller he might have gone on to play for "bigger" clubs.
12 most underrated town players of all time on 14:22 - Sep 10 with 3470 viewshoppy

Jay Tabb

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

12 most underrated town players of all time on 14:37 - Sep 10 with 3425 viewsJ2BLUE

Freddie Ladapo

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

12 most underrated town players of all time on 15:16 - Sep 10 with 3310 viewsNutkins_Return

Skuse.
12 most underrated town players of all time on 16:29 - Sep 10 with 3210 viewsstrikalite

John Walk in his later years, did a job at the back whilst his legs had probably gone, read the game so well..
12 most underrated town players of all time on 17:32 - Sep 10 with 3105 viewsburnbudgiesburn

12 most underrated town players of all time on 16:29 - Sep 10 by strikalite

John Walk in his later years, did a job at the back whilst his legs had probably gone, read the game so well..

Warky was probably past his best after he left Liverpool to rejoin us otherwise we wouldn't have been able to resign him again.

For a brief moment in that 1992-3 Prem season Warky scored about 5 goals in 10 games and it was like the early 80's again. The goal against Spurs ( the Cundy game) stands out as he made a late run from deep to hook the ball over the keeper for our equaliser.
12 most underrated town players of all time on 17:46 - Sep 10 with 3066 viewsmrfixit426

Brian Gayle
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024