Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? 15:26 - Sep 11 with 1254 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Bands like Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead, Dio? Original members of Riot are playing The Music Room, Ipswich (upstairs at the Pool club) this month, and their classic album Fire Down Under which was a top 40 at the time.

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/589920

[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 15:27]
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 15:27 - Sep 11 with 1226 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Fixed the YouTube link!
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 15:31 - Sep 11 with 1204 viewsEwan_Oozami

Slight point of order, Motorhead came before NWOBHM and Dio was American...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 15:32 - Sep 11 with 1206 viewsDubtractor

Nwobm never floated my boat, despite being very much into rock and metal, albeit more late 80s early 90s was my starting point.

Happy to bump the thread for live music in Ipswich though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 17:00 - Sep 11 with 1126 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 15:31 - Sep 11 by Ewan_Oozami

Slight point of order, Motorhead came before NWOBHM and Dio was American...

I was just giving some example acts from around that time, Riot are also American but were often included as honouree members due to their cult following in the UK at the time. Dio also was best known for playing in British bands before starting his own, Rainbow and Sabbath!
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 17:02 - Sep 11 with 1127 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 15:32 - Sep 11 by Dubtractor

Nwobm never floated my boat, despite being very much into rock and metal, albeit more late 80s early 90s was my starting point.

The younger support bands are more in that vein, they play around the area a lot, one of which was booked to play our 2018/19 "promotion" party... as a few of them are Town ST holders, which is quite funny when you think about that! They will played the fanzone that day anyway!
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 17:27 - Sep 11 with 1110 viewsBLUEBEAT

Ipswich had a few decent NWOBHM bands.

Woden Forge were particularly notable.

Poll: W or W

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 20:27 - Sep 11 with 1059 viewsBlue_Heath

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 17:27 - Sep 11 by BLUEBEAT

Trespass were from Sudbury and still play today.
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 21:25 - Sep 11 with 1024 viewsjacobnikons

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 20:27 - Sep 11 by Blue_Heath

Trespass were from Sudbury and still play today.

Yep. They played Subury quay theatre back in May and Mark (lead guitar vocals) says some suffolk dates are planned for new future. The new album wolf at the door is excellent.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 21:28 - Sep 11 with 1018 viewsthatbdude

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 17:27 - Sep 11 by BLUEBEAT

They should've gotten bigger imo. Good band with some great songs

Poll: Who going down?

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 21:42 - Sep 11 with 996 viewsFfluff01

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 21:25 - Sep 11 by jacobnikons

Yep. They played Subury quay theatre back in May and Mark (lead guitar vocals) says some suffolk dates are planned for new future. The new album wolf at the door is excellent.

My brother played bass for Trespass back around 79/80 - Tommy Vance sessions/Virgin Records era. Wrote the lyrics to their ace track ‘Visionary’

One of these days, Stormchild, Bloody Moon.. absolute classics
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 21:43]
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 22:12 - Sep 11 with 964 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 15:32 - Sep 11 by Dubtractor

Bumping the thread again to rec these guys to you.

Native American sludgy stoner doom.

https://www.angrymetalguy.com/medicine-horse-medicine-horse-review/

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 22:14 - Sep 11 with 961 viewsBlue_Heath

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 21:42 - Sep 11 by Ffluff01

My brother played bass for Trespass back around 79/80 - Tommy Vance sessions/Virgin Records era. Wrote the lyrics to their ace track ‘Visionary’

One of these days, Stormchild, Bloody Moon.. absolute classics
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 21:43]

Agree, they recorded some of the best tracks of that era and should have been bigger. That FRS session was amazing.
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 22:51 - Sep 11 with 947 viewsClutch

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 21:28 - Sep 11 by thatbdude

They should've gotten bigger imo. Good band with some great songs

Not related to this topic but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was a massive album for me growing up, good avatar!
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 09:35 - Sep 12 with 855 viewsthatbdude

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 22:51 - Sep 11 by Clutch

Not related to this topic but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was a massive album for me growing up, good avatar!

Thats awesome and thanks. like yours too

Poll: Who going down?

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:31 - Sep 12 with 831 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 21:25 - Sep 11 by jacobnikons

I was at that gig, same young band is opening for Riot at the Music Room!
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:34 - Sep 12 with 828 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Also these guys https://www.facebook.com/deadsoulpromotions put on a lot of good Metal and Rock gigs in and around Ipswich, run by a guy called Darren, including the shows supporting the memory of Richard Day (Dayfest) the Town fan killed a few years back.

Honestly you will be surprised by the quality of local talent there is in and around Ipswich and Colchester right now in terms of Rock and Metal, shows are well attended too, all ages, its fantastic.
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:35 - Sep 12 with 826 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:34 - Sep 12 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Also these guys https://www.facebook.com/deadsoulpromotions put on a lot of good Metal and Rock gigs in and around Ipswich, run by a guy called Darren, including the shows supporting the memory of Richard Day (Dayfest) the Town fan killed a few years back.

Honestly you will be surprised by the quality of local talent there is in and around Ipswich and Colchester right now in terms of Rock and Metal, shows are well attended too, all ages, its fantastic.

Upcoming events for those interested: https://www.facebook.com/deadsoulpromotions/events
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:36 - Sep 12 with 827 viewsblueasfook

Excuse my ignorance but I am sure I am not the only one here wondering what the hell NWOBHM is?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:43 - Sep 12 with 824 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:36 - Sep 12 by blueasfook

Excuse my ignorance but I am sure I am not the only one here wondering what the hell NWOBHM is?

New Wave of British Heavy Metal

It was a movement of new bands in the UK following like likes of Queen, Sabbath, Purple, Priest, Zep and so on, which sprung up in the late 70s and early 80s, the most famous bands from that grouping were Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Saxon, but there were tons, ranging in sound and styles. Hence the "new wave" from the old guard.

Heavily influenced the American scene, early Metallica being the most popular example of this.
Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:44 - Sep 12 with 820 viewsblueasfook

Anyone a fan of Iron Maiden and NWOBHM? on 11:43 - Sep 12 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

New Wave of British Heavy Metal

It was a movement of new bands in the UK following like likes of Queen, Sabbath, Purple, Priest, Zep and so on, which sprung up in the late 70s and early 80s, the most famous bands from that grouping were Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Saxon, but there were tons, ranging in sound and styles. Hence the "new wave" from the old guard.

Heavily influenced the American scene, early Metallica being the most popular example of this.

Cheers! Good to know. Thanks for enlightening me.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024