Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) 12:28 - Sep 9 with 4131 viewsgainsboroughblue

Been looking through the various Town seasons trying to tally.

My days of regular away travel was between 1988-1992 and again between 2003-2011.

Selhurst Park appears to be my winner.

86-87 v Charlton
90-91 v Charlton
92-93 v Wimbledon
03-04 v Palace
05-06 v Palace
07-08 v Palace
08-09 v Palace
10-11 v Palace

Honorable mentions for Carrow Road (unsurprisingly), Layer Road/Weston, Upton Park, Filbert Street, City Ground, The Valley and Soton (Dell/St Marys).
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 12:34]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Which ground/s have you visited most? on 12:33 - Sep 9 with 2635 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Portman Road.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Which ground/s have you visited most? on 12:35 - Sep 9 with 2616 viewsgainsboroughblue

Which ground/s have you visited most? on 12:33 - Sep 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Portman Road.

Sigh.

Edited OP.

Which ground/s have you visited most? on 12:37 - Sep 9 with 2597 viewsChurchman

This is a bit of a guess but I’d say:
Charlton
Torquay (my parents lived down there for eight years)
Selhurst Park (Palace, Wimbledon)
Filbert St
Highbury
White Hart Lane
Upton Park

Edit: I guess I have to add Carrot Road. But I’ve only seen ITFC once there.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 12:53]
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 2560 viewsSE1blue

Wembley
Stamford Bridge (any time I stayed with my grandad, we went)
Highbury
Carrow Road
Charlton
West Ham
Watford

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 12:52 - Sep 9 with 2541 viewsFtnfwest

The Abbey (hometown) and Fratton Park (College town)
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 12:53 - Sep 9 with 2540 viewshomer_123

Layer Rd
St James (Exeter)
Waddon Road

Stanway and Chelmsford as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 12:56 - Sep 9 with 2524 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Stade de la Mosson in Montpellier, twice.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 12:56 - Sep 9 with 2521 viewsPJH

Certainly Carrot Rud, I must have seen ITFC there over 30 times going back to 1964_maybe I will try to do an accurate count. Also ‘supported’ about six other teams there, I know I saw Ray Crawford play there for Charlton.
Possibly Wolves second highest because apart from going there several times with us also often went with my uncles who were Wolves supporters when on holiday that way.
Login to get fewer ads

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 12:58 - Sep 9 with 2509 viewsGrandpa

Coventry City
(I live in Cov)...even went as an away fan when my home town club/who I used to play for (Borehamwood Wood) were drawn there in an FA Cup round 1 (or 2) when Cov were League 1
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:17 - Sep 9 with 2469 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwich, only missed three away games there since 1991 (ZDS).

Then probably Liverpool (been a number of times with Ipswich, and also with mates from uni who were Liverpool fans) and Cambridge (bro-in-law played for them for a few seasons in the late 00s).

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:21 - Sep 9 with 2459 viewsZx1988

Olympiastadion (Berlin) for me.

Probably comfortably into double figures on that one.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:23 - Sep 9 with 2453 viewsgainsboroughblue

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:17 - Sep 9 by ITFC_Forever

Norwich, only missed three away games there since 1991 (ZDS).

Then probably Liverpool (been a number of times with Ipswich, and also with mates from uni who were Liverpool fans) and Cambridge (bro-in-law played for them for a few seasons in the late 00s).

I still count the 91 ZDS game as attended on principle!

I think I managed to see us take a corner when I climbed up an advertising hoarding.

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:27 - Sep 9 with 2441 viewsNthQldITFC

Probably Selhurst Park for me too, and Carrot Road and Upton Park, and then Bramall Lane I reckon.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:32 - Sep 9 with 2430 viewsHerbivore

Fratton Park
Vicarage Road
Elm Park

Think I've done those three the most but couldn't say for certain if I've done one more than the others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:33 - Sep 9 with 2426 viewsSitfcB

Been to the City ground about 8/9 times.

No win

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:37 - Sep 9 with 2416 viewsgainsboroughblue

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:33 - Sep 9 by SitfcB

Been to the City ground about 8/9 times.

No win

That could lead to a different thread entirely.

I've never seen us win a cup match there (89/97)
But never seen us lose there in the league.

I've been there with Forest supporting friends a couple of times, including the infamous Ron Atkinson getting into the wrong dugout game.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 13:38]

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:39 - Sep 9 with 2404 viewsSarge

Craven Cottage x 3
Madejski Stadium x 2
Bloomfield Road x 1
Oakwell x 1
Cardiff City Stadium x 1
Carrow Road x 1
Loftus Road x 1
Abbey Stadium x 1
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 13:40]
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:43 - Sep 9 with 2394 viewsstringy

Maybe doesn't count as doesn't involve the Town, but was based in France and Crete for a while, so went to every home game of Bordeaux and OFI for a few months - very enjoyable, not least Les Girondins against Marseille and the chaos of OFI .v. Olympiakos (player throwing a chair back into the stands, red cards inter alia).

For the Town, maybe Selhurst Park (twice, neither against Palace)
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:48 - Sep 9 with 2382 viewsWeWereZombies

Been to Cambridge United's shAbbey Stadium a few times but mainly because we lived just west of Cambridge and the kids would get free tickets given to them at school provided they brought a, paying, adult with them.

Apart from that the only grounds I have been to twice have been Villa Park, the Global Energy Stadium (Ross County) and Inverness Caledonian Thistle's ground.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 14:17 - Sep 9 with 2327 viewsandytown

Millwall old/new Den 5
Highbury lots but with a mate who supported Arsenal. North Bank was great late 80s/early 90s. Saw Ipswich once there.

Walsall Bescot stadium lots, again a friend, never Ipswich.

Gillingham 3
Brighton 3
QPR 5 but only 4 Town
Cambridge 5 if friendlies count
Accrington 2
Watford 2
MK Dons 2
Portsmouth 2
Derby 2
Peterborough 2
Barnsley 4, 3 Town
West Ham 3
Fulham 2
Bristol C 2
Oxford 2
Lincoln 2
Wycombe 2
Reading 5
Wimbledon 2
Colchester 2
Doncaster 3

Wembley 3 but never Ips.

Millwall for me then. That surprised me
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 14:20 - Sep 9 with 2319 viewsfarkenhell

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 13:48 - Sep 9 by WeWereZombies

Been to Cambridge United's shAbbey Stadium a few times but mainly because we lived just west of Cambridge and the kids would get free tickets given to them at school provided they brought a, paying, adult with them.

Apart from that the only grounds I have been to twice have been Villa Park, the Global Energy Stadium (Ross County) and Inverness Caledonian Thistle's ground.

As an aside, I drove past ICT's ground a few times in the summer. It looked surprisingly good (and beautiful location).
Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 14:30 - Sep 9 with 2293 viewsWeWereZombies

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 14:17 - Sep 9 by andytown

Millwall old/new Den 5
Highbury lots but with a mate who supported Arsenal. North Bank was great late 80s/early 90s. Saw Ipswich once there.

Walsall Bescot stadium lots, again a friend, never Ipswich.

Gillingham 3
Brighton 3
QPR 5 but only 4 Town
Cambridge 5 if friendlies count
Accrington 2
Watford 2
MK Dons 2
Portsmouth 2
Derby 2
Peterborough 2
Barnsley 4, 3 Town
West Ham 3
Fulham 2
Bristol C 2
Oxford 2
Lincoln 2
Wycombe 2
Reading 5
Wimbledon 2
Colchester 2
Doncaster 3

Wembley 3 but never Ips.

Millwall for me then. That surprised me

Blimey, forgot the Old Wembley - four times - FA Cup Final, Charity Shield that same year but best forgotten, Play-off Final and The Who/ The Stranglers / AC/DC / Nils Lofgren...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 14:42 - Sep 9 with 2269 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Upton Park or Selhurst Park. I have easily been to those two grounds more than any other. Villa Park would come a close third. Forgot Loftus Road, have been there a number of times.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 14:46]
Which ground/s have you visited most? on 15:13 - Sep 9 with 2214 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Which ground/s have you visited most? on 12:35 - Sep 9 by gainsboroughblue

Sigh.

Edited OP.

Apologies for my silliness.

I'd agree with you, Selhurst Park. But The Valley, The Den and Carrot Road would be up there.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Which ground/s have you visited most? (other than PR) on 15:28 - Sep 9 with 2198 viewsbluelagos

Late 80s as a student we used to head to Bramall Lane, probably took in half a dozen games each season so around 20 odd times.

Same when in Kingston London about 15 years ago, saw Wimbledon a dozen or so times and probably around 40 games at Craven Cottage, easy to get tickets and cheap.

Seen England at Wembley at least a dozen times.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024