Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballers in restaurants... 17:42 - Sep 5 with 11709 viewsFunge

Bloots' interesting post about Chambo and Huws' budget clothing emporium got me thinking...

... I saw Chambo, Huws, Stephen Ward and someone else (maybe Oli Hawkins, or someone else suitably forgettable) in Nandos, around the time we were all Eating Out To Help Out.

Huws had a chicken breast pitta, no idea what the others ate. Ward spoke with an Irish accent, which tallies with his nationality.

About a year later I saw Dozzell Jr in the same restaurant eating green olives. He didn't talk.

Otherwise, the only other sighting of a footballer I am aware of in a restaurant, was the picture of Neil Thompson and Tony Vaughan in Manna's Cafe, eating fried breakfasts.
I sat next to Chambo.... on 17:46 - Sep 5 with 5916 viewsBloots

...Skusey and Wayne Brown at The Bistro on the Quay last year.

They were with their wives, the conversation was very dull, generally revolving around soft furnishings.

Chambo looked sexy though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:03 - Sep 5 with 5834 viewsPerublue

I saw Dozzell Jr also in Nandos when he was injured had a big boot thing on must have been 2017ish .. he must have Nandos loyalty card ?
We had some chicken livers.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:05 - Sep 5 with 5816 viewsSitfcB

Hermann Hreidarsson In The Swallow, up on Ransomes Europark, years back, obviously. Still have the little bit of paper I managed to find at the time with his signature on, remember nervously approaching once he had finished his dinner, was a giant but very nice.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:06 - Sep 5 with 5814 viewsGlasgowBlue

Damien Delaney, that bloke with the Tats we bought from Hearts and a couple of other squad members, in a restaurant in Carlisle just a few hours before our League Cup defeat there.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:07 - Sep 5 with 5808 viewsMillsTash

Dom Ball in Mahzen with his girlfriend last season. They were planning there holiday/honeymoon for the summer. Think they went for a week in Benidorm.
Footballers in restaurants... on 18:07 - Sep 5 with 5801 viewsPerublue

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:05 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

Hermann Hreidarsson In The Swallow, up on Ransomes Europark, years back, obviously. Still have the little bit of paper I managed to find at the time with his signature on, remember nervously approaching once he had finished his dinner, was a giant but very nice.

Was he having a roast?

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:08 - Sep 5 with 5780 viewsSitfcB

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:07 - Sep 5 by Perublue

Was he having a roast?

That I can’t remember I imagine it was just a plate full of meat

COYB

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:10 - Sep 5 with 5758 viewsPerublue

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:08 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

Yer....I bet he swallowed it too....he looks the type.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 18:14]

Login to get fewer ads

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:11 - Sep 5 with 5768 viewsParky

Saw Chambers and Huws in Honey & Harvey today repping their new clothes.

Edit - Also saw Timo Werner at a restaurant in Palma a few years ago, was with his agent before his move back to Leipzig.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 18:13]
Footballers in restaurants... on 18:14 - Sep 5 with 5731 viewsCoastalblue

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:08 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

Puffin?

Adam Tanner in a foody pub in Chelmsford years ago. Alan Brazil in a steak restaurant at Canary Wolf. (seen him in the waitrose there a few times as well, figures cos you can get a glass of wine there)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:24 - Sep 5 with 5704 viewsSitfcB

Saw Chambers in the toilets in Mariners once, he was talking to a dodgy bloke, but then saw he was sat at the table with an even dodgier looking bloke!

COYB

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:30 - Sep 5 with 5647 viewsPerublue

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:24 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

Saw Chambers in the toilets in Mariners once, he was talking to a dodgy bloke, but then saw he was sat at the table with an even dodgier looking bloke!

Bikers ?

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:03 - Sep 5 with 5561 viewsjontysnut

Not footballers, but Nandos related. I know someone who saw a couple of Fijian/Tongan rugby league players have a chicken each and there was nothing, not even a bone or bit of gristle, left on either plate.
Footballers in restaurants... on 19:06 - Sep 5 with 5549 viewsScuzzer

A long time ago we took our middle son for a birthday treat dinner at Fatty Arbuckle's, as it was called before the PC brigade piped up, and we sat next to Alan Brazil and his family. I'm sure the restaurant was actually called after him.

Established 1968

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:08 - Sep 5 with 5539 viewsScuzzer

Footballers in restaurants... on 18:05 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

Was in ASK in Cardinal Park and HH and his stunning footballing wife were having a nice little Italian.

Established 1968

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:09 - Sep 5 with 5529 viewsHerbivore

I had the misfortune of being in Zizzi once sat a few feet away from a table full of Nodge players. Bradley Johnson and Lewis Grabban were definitely amongst them, there were 6-8 of them and they spent the entire time looking at their phones not talking to each other. It put me right off my pasta.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 19:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:18 - Sep 5 with 5477 viewsNthQldITFC

I had the pleasure of welcoming Jonathan Douglas to my restaurant with a complimentary aperitif in that glorious summer of 2017. When he gets back from the bogs I'll let you know what he orders.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:26 - Sep 5 with 5398 viewsDubtractor

I was sat outside at the Waldringfield maybush once, and Cole skuse and his family sat at the next table.

Didn't speak to him, partly as he was having a nice time with his family so would have been rude, but mainly cos I don't really do the talking to footballers thing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:28 - Sep 5 with 5405 viewsKieran_Knows

I was once in Nandos at Cardinal Park which was full when Dean Gerken walked in, asked for a table for him and his 2 kids, only to be told there would be a 30 minute wait before there would be a spare table … to which he responded, and this is absolutely genuine ‘do you know who I am, my 2 kids really need to eat’.

I don’t think the staff knew he was, but he miraculously was given a table before several others who were waiting in the queue within 5 minutes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:31 - Sep 5 with 5371 viewsJ2BLUE

I saw Jim Magilton in Cineworld on the day we signed Dan Harding.

I know that isn't a restaurant. And he wasn't a player at that point, but apart from that, it works.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:32 - Sep 5 with 5361 viewsNthQldITFC

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:28 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

I was once in Nandos at Cardinal Park which was full when Dean Gerken walked in, asked for a table for him and his 2 kids, only to be told there would be a 30 minute wait before there would be a spare table … to which he responded, and this is absolutely genuine ‘do you know who I am, my 2 kids really need to eat’.

I don’t think the staff knew he was, but he miraculously was given a table before several others who were waiting in the queue within 5 minutes.

That's because whenever I go to Nandos I always ask them to "...hold the Gerkens"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:37 - Sep 5 with 5325 viewsDyland

I used to work with an old school friend of Sammy Parkin and soon after he signed we found ourselves drinking with Alan Lee and Matt Richards in one of those soulless big joints that started springing up in Soho in the early 2000s.

We shared cheesy chips. Alan didn't eat anything and said very little, but did quaff a few bottles of lager and smoked loads of menthol Marlboros.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That wasn't Wayne Brown on 19:40 - Sep 5 with 5297 viewsDyland

I sat next to Chambo.... on 17:46 - Sep 5 by Bloots

...Skusey and Wayne Brown at The Bistro on the Quay last year.

They were with their wives, the conversation was very dull, generally revolving around soft furnishings.

Chambo looked sexy though.

It was TWTD Joers.

(runs away)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:42 - Sep 5 with 5284 viewsStu_boy

I saw mick mills out at a pub in ingatestone years ago on the way back from commentating on a reading game

Also saw tyrone mings in tgi fridays with his family after the Southampton game at st marys 2014/15

I travel to burnley a lot for work and stayed at the same hotel as the lads last season, saw jermaine defoe and couple of others in the same hotel a couple of weeks back
Footballers in restaurants... on 19:44 - Sep 5 with 5249 viewsSitfcB

Footballers in restaurants... on 19:28 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

Dean Gerken using the ‘do you know who I am’

What a world.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024