Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Tickets 18:23 - Sep 4 with 20063 viewsmattrolow

I know this has been covered, but I’m getting really bored of this whole ego filled ticket mafia the membership scheme has created.

Just created a bunch of wannabe Twitter popular weirdos offering out their tickets to get the points.

Would love it if the club took the points off every single one of them.
Away Tickets on 18:33 - Sep 4 with 8446 viewsBluebell

If you are talking about Sheffield Wednesday, I have just checked and hardly any have been sold!

They could well be left with them. That’s an expensive ‘point’.
Away Tickets on 18:36 - Sep 4 with 8435 viewsSheffordBlue

Away Tickets on 18:33 - Sep 4 by Bluebell

If you are talking about Sheffield Wednesday, I have just checked and hardly any have been sold!

Not sure people are buying these to sell. I've seen a number of posts offering to buy people ticket with their priority levels.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Away Tickets on 18:38 - Sep 4 with 8424 viewsmattrolow

Away Tickets on 18:33 - Sep 4 by Bluebell

Hopefully it might put a few off doing it.

Just seeing things like ‘can’t make it to Southampton, so let me know if anyone needs a ticket’.

I can’t go every week because I work some weekends and live away from Ipswich, that means I’m further down the priority list which is fair enough. But going to have no chance for any games if this carries on.

It’s a great and very fair system, if people respected it.
Away Tickets on 18:42 - Sep 4 with 8412 viewsmattrolow

Away Tickets on 18:36 - Sep 4 by SheffordBlue

Not sure people are buying these to sell. I've seen a number of posts offering to buy people ticket with their priority levels.

I think whether they buy them with someone already lined up to buy it off them or just buy it in the hope to sell it on the same point applies. If you can’t go, that’s life, you don’t get a point.
Away Tickets on 19:15 - Sep 4 with 8312 viewsGuthrum

Or just introduced an alternative, standalone scheme for Norwich away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Away Tickets on 19:25 - Sep 4 with 8276 viewsFixed_It

Away Tickets on 19:15 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

Or just introduced an alternative, standalone scheme for Norwich away.

Would be hilarious if they did that...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Away Tickets on 19:35 - Sep 4 with 8241 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Away Tickets on 19:25 - Sep 4 by Fixed_It

Would be hilarious if they did that...

Anyone who went to the play off game there gets first dibs...
Away Tickets on 20:10 - Sep 4 with 8123 viewsPlums

Away Tickets on 18:38 - Sep 4 by mattrolow

Just seeing things like ‘can’t make it to Southampton, so let me know if anyone needs a ticket’.

I can’t go every week because I work some weekends and live away from Ipswich, that means I’m further down the priority list which is fair enough. But going to have no chance for any games if this carries on.

Whatever happened to first come, first served? It wasn't a hard concept

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Away Tickets on 21:03 - Sep 4 with 8021 viewsbrazil1982

I agree although the £40 fee is ridiculous.
Away Tickets on 21:44 - Sep 4 with 7888 viewsMullet

Away Tickets on 21:03 - Sep 4 by brazil1982

I agree although the £40 fee is ridiculous.

It's looking so if the club don't step in it seems. Real shame.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Away Tickets on 21:52 - Sep 4 with 7856 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Only way to stop this is for all tickets to be collected in person at the away ground or a nearby venue using photo id. No collection = no points.

It's how the FA ensure Engand fans only collect 'caps' for attending away matches, not buying tickets.

Can't see ITFC wanting the admin costs though.
Away Tickets on 22:04 - Sep 4 with 7812 viewsHorsham

To be honest I’d quite like to go to Southampton but I accept there’s more loyal deserving fans than me but I’m totally f’cked if I’m going to suck up to some twunt on twitter to get a ticket so I’ll take my chances and probably not go.
Away Tickets on 22:14 - Sep 4 with 7766 viewsSheffordBlue

Away Tickets on 22:04 - Sep 4 by Horsham

To be honest I’d quite like to go to Southampton but I accept there’s more loyal deserving fans than me but I’m totally f’cked if I’m going to suck up to some twunt on twitter to get a ticket so I’ll take my chances and probably not go.

Big allocation. Tuesday night. This will probably go to general sale and I'll be surprised if anyone with 5 points or more can't get a ticket

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Away Tickets on 22:18 - Sep 4 with 7757 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

With people offering to help others get tickets the weeks they can't go, the points will get concentrated in a smaller group. Do you wait for general sale and take the chance or borrow someone else's but give them the points?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Away Tickets on 22:38 - Sep 4 with 7664 viewsBasingstokeBlue

What's more, it's a positive-feedback loop: people with many points get the chance to buy tickets (whether they use them or not) and increase their advantage, from that purchase; people with less points fail to get the ticket they would actually use, so failing to improve their points tally, and so the gap between them and the big-points boys gets larger.

It's not unlike "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer".

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Away Tickets on 22:40 - Sep 4 with 7658 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Away Tickets on 22:18 - Sep 4 by Charlie_pl_baxter

With people offering to help others get tickets the weeks they can't go, the points will get concentrated in a smaller group. Do you wait for general sale and take the chance or borrow someone else's but give them the points?

If you're going to the games alone, member or not, I'd be pretty confident of getting a returned ticket for pretty much any away game. You've just got to invest the time in to trying.
Away Tickets on 22:47 - Sep 4 with 7611 viewsGuthrum

Away Tickets on 21:52 - Sep 4 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Only way to stop this is for all tickets to be collected in person at the away ground or a nearby venue using photo id. No collection = no points.

It's how the FA ensure Engand fans only collect 'caps' for attending away matches, not buying tickets.

Plus what happens when a load of fans get stuck in traffic, have to locate the ticket person and queue up as the match is actually kicking off? There were considerable numbers in line at Reading when it was only the final tranche which were collect at the ground. Would be absolute chaos with two or three times that number.

Would take a lot of staff at the away location to make it work efficiently.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Away Tickets on 00:12 - Sep 5 with 7451 viewsSharkey

I don't think any system is 'great' . This may be the best system, I don't know. But I think a system where some tickets went to regional supporters clubs branches (e.g. south west branch) would be better. It's kind of sad if a die-hard Town fan in Cornwall doesn't get a ticket to the Plymouth game. I realise these club branches no longer exist for the most part, but maybe they would if such a system existed.)
Away Tickets on 00:21 - Sep 5 with 7441 viewsstonojnr

Away Tickets on 00:12 - Sep 5 by Sharkey

I don't think any system is 'great' . This may be the best system, I don't know. But I think a system where some tickets went to regional supporters clubs branches (e.g. south west branch) would be better. It's kind of sad if a die-hard Town fan in Cornwall doesn't get a ticket to the Plymouth game. I realise these club branches no longer exist for the most part, but maybe they would if such a system existed.)

if theyre a die hard town fan, theyll have enough points anyway to get a ticket, right ? thats how the systems supposed to work isn it ?
Away Tickets on 02:47 - Sep 5 with 7361 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Away Tickets on 00:21 - Sep 5 by stonojnr

if theyre a die hard town fan, theyll have enough points anyway to get a ticket, right ? thats how the systems supposed to work isn it ?

There are plenty of fans who went to plenty of away games last year, and are/were season ticket holders, and therefore in my book 'die hard', but don't have any away priority points.
Away Tickets on 05:50 - Sep 5 with 7273 viewstractorshark

Agree with the OP, it’s getting very tiresome and frustrating.
If you pay £40 for a membership, the least you deserve is a fair crack of the whip in the priority windows even if it doesn’t guarantee you a ticket.
At the moment it’s just bypassing all the priority stages and creating an unofficial general sale which is wrong.
I genuinely don’t see the need either. If you’ve got 20+ points and go fairly regularly, you’ll be guaranteed any away ticket even if you miss the odd match.
All this does is create a select group while fans with less than 15 points struggle to move up the ladder.
I’m on 14, my son is on 13 and we missed out on QPR, which is close to where we live.
It’s just a shame the Norwich away match wasn’t early in the season, then we wouldn’t have some of these issues.
It may not be popular but personally I think the club needs to monitor those fans offering tickets on social media and take the points away for repeat offenders.
Last season it was an issue but not a massive one until Cambridge away. Even then it was fairly harmless and it was done in good faith to help other Town fans.
This season it is a much bigger problem. Demand is high, the membership prices have gone up and long-standing loyal fans are understandably getting the hump.
Away Tickets on 07:08 - Sep 5 with 7164 viewsitfc_bucks

Away Tickets on 19:35 - Sep 4 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Anyone who went to the play off game there gets first dibs...

Said it before and I'll say it again, if you went to Grimsby away, then you're due priority for life.
Away Tickets on 07:12 - Sep 5 with 7142 viewsBobbychase

Away Tickets on 00:12 - Sep 5 by Sharkey

We exist! The mighty SW Branch is alive and kicking. Plenty travel from Devon and Cornwall to home games, despite the epic distance.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Away Tickets on 07:21 - Sep 5 with 7113 viewshammo56

Away Tickets on 07:08 - Sep 5 by itfc_bucks

Said it before and I'll say it again, if you went to Grimsby away, then you're due priority for life.

That’s me sorted then.
Away Tickets on 07:37 - Sep 5 with 7071 viewsTractorWood

Away Tickets on 21:52 - Sep 4 by LA_Tractor_Boy

The FAs cap system had various ballots in it too. Something like:

70% go in caps order
20% go in a ballot of people who have been to a handful of games
10% go in a ballot to anyone

The club do need to step in on this to try and stop people hoovering up tickets and not going. Prem clubs have really stern policies on this and transferring tickets - like lengthy bans. This is obviously happening.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 7:39]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024