Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Tickets 18:23 - Sep 4 with 20298 viewsmattrolow

I know this has been covered, but I’m getting really bored of this whole ego filled ticket mafia the membership scheme has created.

Just created a bunch of wannabe Twitter popular weirdos offering out their tickets to get the points.

Would love it if the club took the points off every single one of them.
Away Tickets on 10:45 - Sep 6 with 1568 viewsmattrolow

Away Tickets on 09:46 - Sep 6 by SamWhiteUK

So are we all in agreement that calling out these idiots is the right thing to do?

I did that on Twitter and just got piled on, which worked perfectly to be fair because it's brought the issue even more to the forefront for a lot of fans and it puts pressure on the club to do something.

So a big thanks to those abusing the system who have helped me out.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:46 - Sep 6 with 1555 viewsITFCed

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:41 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

I think you highlight the big difference between informally loaning a Gold Card to a friend who didn't have the priority for the odd match and the blatant touting of tickets immediately after purchase.

I think some have overreacted to the system because, outside of Norwich and maybe Watford, the away allocations are far larger than last season and most people will be fine.

I thought that for QPR, not the case!

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:53 - Sep 6 with 1529 viewsBrads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:46 - Sep 6 by ITFCed

I thought that for QPR, not the case!

QPR’s one of those in the next bracket down from Norwich though and not typical.
Away Tickets on 11:11 - Sep 6 with 1480 viewstivo

Away Tickets on 10:45 - Sep 6 by mattrolow

I did that on Twitter and just got piled on, which worked perfectly to be fair because it's brought the issue even more to the forefront for a lot of fans and it puts pressure on the club to do something.

So a big thanks to those abusing the system who have helped me out.

Same here. I backed you up but... some utter C-Units on there.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:27 - Sep 6 with 1449 viewsSteve_M

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:53 - Sep 6 by Brads

QPR’s one of those in the next bracket down from Norwich though and not typical.

Yes, perhaps I should have included QPR and Millwall in there too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:34 - Sep 6 with 1425 viewsKieran_Knows

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:27 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

Yes, perhaps I should have included QPR and Millwall in there too.

I've half wondered if they'll up the points bracket for Norwich away as well? Something like 40+, 35+ and so on.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 11:48]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:01 - Sep 6 with 1369 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:34 - Sep 6 by Kieran_Knows

I've half wondered if they'll up the points bracket for Norwich away as well? Something like 40+, 35+ and so on.

Yep I thought the same. Any idea how many we have about 20 points today? Can't be more than 1,500 or so?
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:11 - Sep 6 with 1339 viewsxrayspecs

Club have said that as the season progresses, they will move the points brackets up.

What some fans have not understood is that while attending away games may help you move up a priority group, eg moving from 19 points (currently Thursday) to 20 points (Wednesday), you will move back to Thursday if the club decides to increase the threshold e.g. after five games, the bands become 35, 30, 25, 20 etc.
Login to get fewer ads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:18 - Sep 6 with 1319 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:11 - Sep 6 by xrayspecs

Club have said that as the season progresses, they will move the points brackets up.

What some fans have not understood is that while attending away games may help you move up a priority group, eg moving from 19 points (currently Thursday) to 20 points (Wednesday), you will move back to Thursday if the club decides to increase the threshold e.g. after five games, the bands become 35, 30, 25, 20 etc.

But for next season only this season is taken into account isn't it, so if you're attending loads of games you'll start towards the top then won't you?
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:35 - Sep 6 with 1267 viewstextbackup

They will have to, those on 30+ now, not fair on them having to battle it out with all 30+’s come March… as likely if they have 30+ now they’ll have 40+ by then

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:40 - Sep 6 with 1249 viewsxrayspecs

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:18 - Sep 6 by PrideOfTheEast

But for next season only this season is taken into account isn't it, so if you're attending loads of games you'll start towards the top then won't you?

Yes, points from last season will expire at the end of this season.

My point being that what is important is how many point you have relative to other fans rather than how many points you have.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:42 - Sep 6 with 1245 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:21 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

I think it is a difficult one for club because ultimately their priority is selling their allocation and then not having anything further to do with it which costs money like the admin involved in checking tickets.

At some point the club will have to do 'something' though, because they'll need to respond to complaints from members stumping up £40 and not getting a fair crack of it.

It's fairly obvious, well to me anyway, that the 'something' will be looking at those brazenly doing it on social media, offering tickets for sale well in advance of the game when they are still going through the priorities (If genuine reasons then they should be returned to the club)

What the 'something' will unlikely be in the first instance is ticket checks, collection points etc so if people want to buy tickets and not use them, or trade tickets privately then they will likely be fine.

For the Soton game I've got a mate who wants to come, wants to sit with us, but has other commitments most Saturdays and lives down that way - there is no point him getting a membership to cover literally 2 or 3 games a season. He can either wait for general sale and sit on his own, or find another mate who has more points and help him out. He knows when push comes to shove he is very unlikely to get tickets to the big games so will just make his choice

I’ve a mate that will do maybe 2 away games this season.

Both are games I won’t be going to as on call… so I’ve offer him my customer number to ensure he gets a ticket early… just as I would have if this was a GC situation.

He hasn’t got a membership so I can’t ask club to transfer the point to him.

Yes it’s probably not completely the right thing to do, but it is what it is.

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:44 - Sep 6 with 1233 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:40 - Sep 6 by xrayspecs

My point being that what is important is how many point you have relative to other fans rather than how many points you have.

I hadn’t read that, so each season the most you can start on, after buying the membership and getting 5 points, is about 30…. As opposed to say 60 if you add the two seasons together?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:47 - Sep 6 with 1220 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:44 - Sep 6 by textbackup

I hadn’t read that, so each season the most you can start on, after buying the membership and getting 5 points, is about 30…. As opposed to say 60 if you add the two seasons together?

yep think that's right. So it's not like you can build up hundreds in a lifetime as it all resets.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:55 - Sep 6 with 1179 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:47 - Sep 6 by PrideOfTheEast

yep think that's right. So it's not like you can build up hundreds in a lifetime as it all resets.

Decent, seems fair.

There will always be the every weekers that go, likewise peoples lives change and dictate how often they can attend.

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:57 - Sep 6 with 1177 viewschislehurstblue

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:40 - Sep 6 by xrayspecs

Surely no one believes that this is an issue only with ITFC?

Most PL clubs clubs have similar issues. I have friends who have ST at Liverpool and Arsenal and are both in names of friends, friends of friends or sometime unknown individuals that have past away and they then pay the family to have their ST in that persons name as they know if that family gives up the ticket then they have no chance of getting a ST as the wait is so long for new ST to come up.

I believe a few years back Liverpool had a period where you could admit to the club that your ST was in someone else name and therefore that persons address and then club would change it into your name with no questions asked.

My mate who has an Arsenal ST lost his actual ST on a night out and had to call the club to have a new one sent. It went to the widow of the original ST and he had to travel a fair distance to pick it up.

Even at Ipswich this kind of behaviour has happened before with the use of others Gold Card, the use of ticket stubs and vouchers for away games. I really dont see why its all of a sudden become an issue. Maybe some dont like the success that the club is currently achieving and greater demand for tickets.

This is not a new issue in football. People really need to stop moaning about it and move on. I have 12 points so in the bottom group and got tickets for every away game so far this season by being on line at the right times. If people who really want to go to away games spent less time on this forum / twitter moaning about it and focus on getting tickets then they might have tickets.

If you cant afford the £40 for a away membership card then I would probably suggest you carefully consider if an away game with match ticket, travel, food and drink is within your budget and the best use of your available funds.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 13:10]
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:04 - Sep 6 with 1147 viewsZx1988

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:21 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

They are aware and are looking into ways of addressing it. I know they were less than happy with the way tickets were being redistributed last season as well.

I noticed that the club enclosed a hard copy of the Terms & Conditions with all season tickets this year.

No doubt they were laying the groundwork so that, if they have to enforce T&Cs and weather any potential backlash, they can easily say "you had sight of them when your season ticket arrived".

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:05 - Sep 6 with 1144 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:57 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

Most PL clubs clubs have similar issues. I have friends who have ST at Liverpool and Arsenal and are both in names of friends, friends of friends or sometime unknown individuals that have past away and they then pay the family to have their ST in that persons name as they know if that family gives up the ticket then they have no chance of getting a ST as the wait is so long for new ST to come up.

I believe a few years back Liverpool had a period where you could admit to the club that your ST was in someone else name and therefore that persons address and then club would change it into your name with no questions asked.

My mate who has an Arsenal ST lost his actual ST on a night out and had to call the club to have a new one sent. It went to the widow of the original ST and he had to travel a fair distance to pick it up.

Even at Ipswich this kind of behaviour has happened before with the use of others Gold Card, the use of ticket stubs and vouchers for away games. I really dont see why its all of a sudden become an issue. Maybe some dont like the success that the club is currently achieving and greater demand for tickets.

This is not a new issue in football. People really need to stop moaning about it and move on. I have 12 points so in the bottom group and got tickets for every away game so far this season by being on line at the right times. If people who really want to go to away games spent less time on this forum / twitter moaning about it and focus on getting tickets then they might have tickets.

If you cant afford the £40 for a away membership card then I would probably suggest you carefully consider if an away game with match ticket, travel, food and drink is within your budget and the best use of your available funds.

On the £40, I’d like next year if you could include it in the ST DD. Wouldn’t seem half as bad spreading it over 12 months, especially if you have kids ones to buy too

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:07 - Sep 6 with 1116 viewsxrayspecs

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:44 - Sep 6 by textbackup

Exactly. I think this season the most you could have started with is 35.

5 - for being a member last season
5 - for being a member this season
23 - league games
2 - cup games

At the end of this season you lose the points gained last season (maximum 30). So start of next season, the most points anyone could have is 5 (23/4 membership) + 5 (24/5 membership) + 23 league games + however many away cup ties/play off games we have.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:08 - Sep 6 with 1103 viewschislehurstblue

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:05 - Sep 6 by textbackup

On the £40, I’d like next year if you could include it in the ST DD. Wouldn’t seem half as bad spreading it over 12 months, especially if you have kids ones to buy too

Agreed. They should make it an option to add it to the ST DD.
Away Tickets on 13:10 - Sep 6 with 1097 viewsTresBonne

Away Tickets on 21:59 - Sep 5 by lizzibee

It's also rewarding those who spend the additional money on a membership card

Okay, I didn't, big whoop.

Doesn't make me any less of a fan cos I didn't splurge on a card I didn't need.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:12 - Sep 6 with 1088 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:08 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

Agreed. They should make it an option to add it to the ST DD.

Would only need a little box in the bottom corner to tick.

And if it were, I’d have probably got the kids one too.

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:12 - Sep 6 with 1089 viewsxrayspecs

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:57 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

Agree with all tat.

It is a much bigger issue at the more successful clubs. IIRC, someone believes around 20% of Arsenal STs are not used by the person listed on the ticket. Many were bought specifically to resell on a game by game basis, to "football tourists", who are in London and want to take in a live game.
Away Tickets on 13:18 - Sep 6 with 1058 viewsPlums

Away Tickets on 13:10 - Sep 6 by TresBonne

Okay, I didn't, big whoop.

Doesn't make me any less of a fan cos I didn't splurge on a card I didn't need.

Me neither. It's amazing how 'normal' the practice of spending money on literally nothing other than a place in a virtual, tiered queue has become. 45+ years as a fan but I refuse to play this game.

Folks, you are being sold magic beans and when enough of you have bought them, the level will rise and you will be asked to increase your 'investment' once again otherwise your basic entry level of £40 will become worth far less.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:20 - Sep 6 with 1043 viewsDJR

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:47 - Sep 6 by PrideOfTheEast

The issue though is that you could find some people playing the system and having more points next season than they ought to.

I currently have 21 points, and hope to attend at least 10 away games this season, but I could still find people ahead of me next season who haven't actually attended as many games as me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024