Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dane Scarlett 10:38 - Aug 31 with 26957 viewsSitfcB

This post has been edited by an administrator

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dane Scarlett on 11:37 - Aug 31 with 1543 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Dane Scarlett on 10:41 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

So he extends his contract at Tottenham and then comes here?

If true it’s a pointless exercise; just means they can screw us over if he does well. McKenna may like him but it’s not a sign of long term team building.

I know he's only 20, I could understand if we were signing him to develop ourselves, but loaning a guy who got 3 or 4 in the third tier last season probably isn't going to give Ladapo or Jackson real worries. We needed an experienced Championship striker to mix in with Hirst and Chaplin as a potential starter. A player like an Armstrong would have been perfect. This just feels like we are loaning a kid to develop for Spurs, if we were buying him I would be fine with it, a good young player could turn into a great player for us, but we need some experience in there at this level and that has been painfully obviously both up top and at the back so far this season.

What happened to less reliance on loans eh.. we now have Williams, Hutchinson and potentially Scarlett in! I would hate to see Ladapo offloaded for a loan player in the same way Leigh was tbh.
Dane Scarlett on 11:38 - Aug 31 with 1553 viewsPhilTWTD

Dane Scarlett on 11:31 - Aug 31 by Markp68

Phil as this is a loan do you think that will stop us looking at any other premier league loans particularly thinking Rak-Saki and is that likely to be business done for this window?

Don't know whether there's any chance of that being resurrected, I think it was probably expected to happen before now, once Palace had got their senior players back after their tour. Olise's injury probably had an impact on his availability as well.

Think there will be more, at least one, probably two, although that may depend on people moving out to some degree.
Dane Scarlett on 11:40 - Aug 31 with 1497 viewsTresBonne

Dane Scarlett on 11:36 - Aug 31 by tractorboy1978

"Pack" - come on now, stop being silly and disingenuous.

3 out of our bench players will be PL loans. Ok - maybe rephrase to 'pack' out the bench or the second string XI. Point still stands. We either don't have the money to, or won't be able to, sign any of Hutchinson, Williams or Scarlett when their loan ends. Then we are left with the holes in the squad again.

Also, none of the signings we've made improve the first XI like Ashton said they would. That is not a criticism of him, he has done wonders for this football clubs recruitment over the last few years, but he shouldn't be trying to build up all this optimism and then not deliver it. Got to walk the walk before.
Dane Scarlett on 11:40 - Aug 31 with 1490 viewsJakeITFC

Dane Scarlett on 11:38 - Aug 31 by PhilTWTD

Don't know whether there's any chance of that being resurrected, I think it was probably expected to happen before now, once Palace had got their senior players back after their tour. Olise's injury probably had an impact on his availability as well.

Think there will be more, at least one, probably two, although that may depend on people moving out to some degree.

Nixon reporting Rak-Sakyi as staying at Palace this morning.
Dane Scarlett on 11:42 - Aug 31 with 1455 viewsWeirdFishes

Do you expect these to be predominantly loan signings?

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Dane Scarlett on 11:45 - Aug 31 with 1431 viewsitfcjoe

Just lacks a bit of that electric pace you need at very top level but puts himself about well, two good feet and good at timing runs etc. competes in the air well.

Feels a very good move for him, he should get lots out of it.

Both games against us he did very well (league and PJT) - and McKenna described him as one of the best young strikers in world football.

I’m happy with him, let’s see what’s next

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dane Scarlett on 11:46 - Aug 31 with 1378 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Dane Scarlett on 10:41 - Aug 31 by Parky

Massively underwhelming.

Agreed, not very impressive. At just 19 how many youngsters who really havent played much are we going to fill the team with ? Williams is way behind with fitness and sharpness, l wouldnt trust him starting in our first eleven and this guy really wasnt rated laast season. Dont see this working. We need some experience in the team Centre half is needed to be sorted badly.Our defence looks very weak and creeks most weeks. Not long before we get found out if KmK isnt careful.
Dane Scarlett on 11:46 - Aug 31 with 1387 viewsGavTWTD

Reading those comments from Spurs fans is interesting. The majority think it's a great loan for Dane, and some think that he should be playing for Spurs as they are light up front. I don't get excited by loans but this could really work for us. I'd expect just cameos for a while but KMcK could really work his magic on him as he rates him so highly.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Dane Scarlett on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 1374 views_clive_baker_

Any names Phil? Who are we expecting to depart, presumably Edwards is one?
Dane Scarlett on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 1316 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dane Scarlett on 10:49 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

He does and I trust his judgement but the evidence suggests that for all his talent he's not ready to improve us in the Championship just yet. If there was a possibility of signing him permanently I'd be delighted but there isn't. We should be using loans to add real quality, imo, rather than as squad filler.

Ashton out.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Dane Scarlett on 11:50 - Aug 31 with 1306 viewstractorboy1978

Dane Scarlett on 11:40 - Aug 31 by TresBonne

3 out of our bench players will be PL loans. Ok - maybe rephrase to 'pack' out the bench or the second string XI. Point still stands. We either don't have the money to, or won't be able to, sign any of Hutchinson, Williams or Scarlett when their loan ends. Then we are left with the holes in the squad again.

Also, none of the signings we've made improve the first XI like Ashton said they would. That is not a criticism of him, he has done wonders for this football clubs recruitment over the last few years, but he shouldn't be trying to build up all this optimism and then not deliver it. Got to walk the walk before.

Every team that got in the top 6 last year in this division had multiple loans from Premier League clubs.

Sunderland - 3
Coventry - 5
Luton - 3
Burnley - 5
Sheff Utd - 4
Boro - 5

That's the reality of matters.
Dane Scarlett on 11:51 - Aug 31 with 1276 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dane Scarlett on 11:50 - Aug 31 by tractorboy1978

Every team that got in the top 6 last year in this division had multiple loans from Premier League clubs.

Sunderland - 3
Coventry - 5
Luton - 3
Burnley - 5
Sheff Utd - 4
Boro - 5

That's the reality of matters.

Out of interest, how many perm signings did each make too?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dane Scarlett on 11:51 - Aug 31 with 1289 viewstractorboy1978

Dane Scarlett on 11:45 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

Just lacks a bit of that electric pace you need at very top level but puts himself about well, two good feet and good at timing runs etc. competes in the air well.

Feels a very good move for him, he should get lots out of it.

Both games against us he did very well (league and PJT) - and McKenna described him as one of the best young strikers in world football.

I’m happy with him, let’s see what’s next

He looked pretty electric against us at PR when he won the penalty!
Dane Scarlett on 11:52 - Aug 31 with 1274 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Dane Scarlett on 10:44 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

Agreed - seems pointless. Is he any better than say Jackson who could also play a similar role.

Our whole plan is to sign players we can develop & then sign on for significant sums - "Player Trading" to then sign better players overtime. We're essentially just developing other clubs players for them & if they do well, we probably aren't going to have scope to sign them either.

But you understand that 'if they do well' that means its been successful for both player and club, right?

Many, if not all successful Championship clubs use the loan market well and doing well developing top premiership sides young talent whilst we are at this level is mutually beneficial.

Our manager rates him as one of the 'worlds best young talents', why on earth wouldn't you not back Mckenna in this instance based on the last 18 months?

[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 11:53]
Dane Scarlett on 11:53 - Aug 31 with 1243 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I can't wait until he's ripping it up for us and we can look back at this thread with all the eggs on faces.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dane Scarlett on 11:54 - Aug 31 with 1236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

From this moment it was nailed on....
Earlier I drove past by BanksterDebtSlave 30 Aug 2023 19:37
Miss Slave saw ME I 5PUR a couple of days back.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Dane Scarlett on 11:55 - Aug 31 with 1224 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Dane Scarlett on 11:55 - Aug 31 with 1200 viewsHerbivore

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

I think the big issue for most is it’s another loan - on top of Williams and Hutchinson - rather than a permanent signing. Don’t think so many would have a problem with it if it was a full transfer and we would benefit from nurturing him.

Three loanees isn't an issue in itself, it's more that two of them are very much development loans that won't necessarily improve our starting XI (at least not straight away) and that we have no chance of signing long term. Three loanees would be fine if they were all top drawer and going to play every week and make us a better side, I'm just not convinced that our loanees fit that bill.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dane Scarlett on 11:56 - Aug 31 with 1190 viewsPhilTWTD

Dane Scarlett on 11:47 - Aug 31 by _clive_baker_

Any names Phil? Who are we expecting to depart, presumably Edwards is one?

Edwards, Baggott on loan probably, Humphreys as well if the right club can be found. Wouldn't surprise me if Craig Cathcart signed as a straight swap for Keogh assuming he hasn't got something else lined up. Think we'll definitely look for another centre-half.
Dane Scarlett on 11:56 - Aug 31 with 1177 viewsBiGDonnie

Dane Scarlett on 11:53 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

I can't wait until he's ripping it up for us and we can look back at this thread with all the eggs on faces.

Agreed. The majority of responses on this thread are nothing short of embarrassing.

Clueless.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Dane Scarlett on 11:57 - Aug 31 with 1133 viewstractorboy1978

Dane Scarlett on 11:51 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

Out of interest, how many perm signings did each make too?

Not sure. We have the basis of a good squad of permanent signings though.

Walton, Clarke, Woolfy, Davis, Morsy, Chaplin, Broadhead, Hirst are all players we own, are the spine of our team and as a group are players we would make a huge profit on them if we sold them tomorrow.
Dane Scarlett on 11:58 - Aug 31 with 1127 viewspointofblue

Dane Scarlett on 11:53 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

Think it’s the deal being a loan after Tottenham have extended his contract which is bugging people, more than his potential talent. We have to trust McKenna considering his record so far on bringing players through.

Plus Hirst was slightly different in he had a great track record at League One, and he did appear to be an upgrade on who we had at the club already. The same can’t really be said for Scarlett.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Dane Scarlett on 11:58 - Aug 31 with 1114 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dane Scarlett on 11:56 - Aug 31 by BiGDonnie

Agreed. The majority of responses on this thread are nothing short of embarrassing.

Clueless.

I quite like the potential from 65 minutes
jackson/Hutch for burns
scarlett for Hirst

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dane Scarlett on 12:00 - Aug 31 with 1085 viewschicoazul

Dane Scarlett on 11:56 - Aug 31 by PhilTWTD

Edwards, Baggott on loan probably, Humphreys as well if the right club can be found. Wouldn't surprise me if Craig Cathcart signed as a straight swap for Keogh assuming he hasn't got something else lined up. Think we'll definitely look for another centre-half.

Hasn’t Cathcart been training with us for a couple weeks now?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dane Scarlett on 12:00 - Aug 31 with 1088 viewsxrayspecs

Dane Scarlett on 10:49 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

He does and I trust his judgement but the evidence suggests that for all his talent he's not ready to improve us in the Championship just yet. If there was a possibility of signing him permanently I'd be delighted but there isn't. We should be using loans to add real quality, imo, rather than as squad filler.

He is not a squad filler, he has come here to get regular game time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024