Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dane Scarlett 10:38 - Aug 31 with 26978 viewsSitfcB

This post has been edited by an administrator

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dane Scarlett on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 1878 viewsArnieM

Dane Scarlett on 10:52 - Aug 31 by BlueStreak

Phil has said a number of times that we were looking at him in January, so hardly Plan Z is it?

Figure of speech!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

[Redacted] on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 1887 viewsvictorywilhappen

Dane Scarlett on 10:48 - Aug 31 by ArnieM

Plan Z as we’ve been unable to get hold of our primary striker targets?

[Redacted]
Dane Scarlett on 10:56 - Aug 31 with 1866 viewsitfctilidie

Not so sure it will happen - It's a loan, and Chico has assured us that we will be breaking our transfer record at least twice - can only see a couple coming in, so expect 2 big signings
Dane Scarlett on 10:57 - Aug 31 with 1862 viewsBlooos

Pretty underwhelming - gives a missed out on a number of permanent targets vibe. I don’t know if the club is looking abroad for players but I can’t see why you wouldn’t with the market how it is. You either pay well over the odds for English league players or end up with very ‘meh’ loans.
Dane Scarlett on 10:58 - Aug 31 with 1816 viewsJDB23

Dane Scarlett on 10:49 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

He does and I trust his judgement but the evidence suggests that for all his talent he's not ready to improve us in the Championship just yet. If there was a possibility of signing him permanently I'd be delighted but there isn't. We should be using loans to add real quality, imo, rather than as squad filler.

Didn’t Ashton come out and say we’ll now only be making signings that improve the XI? Not sure this one fits into that. Like I said I’m not surprised by this given Hirst is our starter but Ashton probably should wait until after our business is done before talking big as it just creates room for negativity when there is no need.
Dane Scarlett on 10:59 - Aug 31 with 1801 viewsSitfcB

Dane Scarlett on 10:55 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

Boom

Only 20 days out

COYB

Dane Scarlett on 11:00 - Aug 31 with 1786 viewsFunge

Dane Scarlett on 10:46 - Aug 31 by BiGDonnie

Very happy if true. May not have set the world alight last season, but is very highly regarded amongst those that know a hell of a lot more than we do.

COYBs

CGS, in addition to having excellent East London Jerk Shark knowledge, you are also quite correct on this point.

Think Scarlett is a pretty good signing if we get him; definitely one we'd want an option to buy on.

By the way, and with regards to Jerk knowledge, you really should go and check out Smokey Jerky on the Old Kent Rd, it's berserk good,
Dane Scarlett on 11:00 - Aug 31 with 1754 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dane Scarlett on 10:59 - Aug 31 by SitfcB

Only 20 days out

Lol. Legally I didn't say which day was happy scarlett day ;)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Dane Scarlett on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 1753 viewshomer_123

Dane Scarlett on 10:48 - Aug 31 by ArnieM

Plan Z as we’ve been unable to get hold of our primary striker targets?

Given we have our primary target in Hirst, surely this is a sensible and logical signing, no?

Especially if Ladapo is staying?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dane Scarlett on 11:02 - Aug 31 with 1713 viewsITFCBlues

Dane Scarlett on 11:01 - Aug 31 by homer_123

Given we have our primary target in Hirst, surely this is a sensible and logical signing, no?

It's not a "signing that will improve the starting 11! is it?

Very much looks like we've exhausted all avenues and this is where we've ended up.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Dane Scarlett on 11:03 - Aug 31 with 1706 viewsLancsBlue

An excellent signing if true. Teams at Championship level need a bit of help in terms of quality, so there's nothing wrong with adding Premier League loan signings. It didn't do Burnley and Sheffield United any harm last season as I recall.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Dane Scarlett on 11:03 - Aug 31 with 1674 viewsSitfcB

Dane Scarlett on 11:00 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

As I said below, think it was always going to happen. Just one of those ones that had to wait.

COYB

Dane Scarlett on 11:03 - Aug 31 with 1656 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dane Scarlett on 11:02 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

Very much looks like we've exhausted all avenues and this is where we've ended up.

Considering we didn't sign JJ shows imo that this has been on the cards for a while.

Waka waka eh eh

Dane Scarlett on 11:04 - Aug 31 with 1654 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Dane Scarlett on 11:00 - Aug 31 by Funge

CGS, in addition to having excellent East London Jerk Shark knowledge, you are also quite correct on this point.

Think Scarlett is a pretty good signing if we get him; definitely one we'd want an option to buy on.

By the way, and with regards to Jerk knowledge, you really should go and check out Smokey Jerky on the Old Kent Rd, it's berserk good,

There's Zero chance of a buy option. Spurs rate this lad highly, despite a less than average loan at Pompey.
Dane Scarlett on 11:04 - Aug 31 with 1647 viewsN2_Blue

very surprised at the negativity here.

Mckenna really wants this guy and now we are getting him. Has a bundle of potential and has showed enough. In our team i think he will be a success.

I think Spurs wanted to be really careful about his next move and this is a critical one for him but we are the right move. They've given him a contract, they rate him. They see him every week. Our fans don't. I know who's judgement I trust, spurs and Mckenna over a loads of TWTD posters

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Dane Scarlett on 11:05 - Aug 31 with 1617 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Dane Scarlett on 10:53 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

34 games and just 4 goals last season suggests not.

If it's a perm deal & we can develop him ourselves, then i'd be more than happy, but just seems very underwhelming.

Was played out wide a lot.

He is a very talented player. Highly rated at England level and by Spurs who rewarded him with a new contract.

I'm sure if he gets an opportunity in a system that actually fits him, he will do well.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dane Scarlett on 11:06 - Aug 31 with 1585 viewsFunge

Dane Scarlett on 11:04 - Aug 31 by burnbudgiesburn

There's Zero chance of a buy option. Spurs rate this lad highly, despite a less than average loan at Pompey.

Fair enough; although I recall Spurs saying the same about Troy Parrott, who is now at Preston Nob End....
Dane Scarlett on 11:08 - Aug 31 with 1536 viewsArnieM

Dane Scarlett on 11:01 - Aug 31 by homer_123

Is he better than what we currently have, and will he produce the goals we need? I’m not sure. He didn’t exactly set the world alight in his last loan did he. I’m not against him per sa, just a little underwhelmed if this is our primary signing of the “ we’ll be bringing in at least three more”.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 1517 viewspointofblue

Dane Scarlett on 11:04 - Aug 31 by N2_Blue

Mckenna really wants this guy and now we are getting him. Has a bundle of potential and has showed enough. In our team i think he will be a success.

I think Spurs wanted to be really careful about his next move and this is a critical one for him but we are the right move. They've given him a contract, they rate him. They see him every week. Our fans don't. I know who's judgement I trust, spurs and Mckenna over a loads of TWTD posters

I think the big issue for most is it’s another loan - on top of Williams and Hutchinson - rather than a permanent signing. Don’t think so many would have a problem with it if it was a full transfer and we would benefit from nurturing him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 1506 viewsBlueBadger

Dane Scarlett on 11:00 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

This is a bit like Keno declaring 'happy I'm going to bed with Jenna Coleman day'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 1493 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dane Scarlett on 11:06 - Aug 31 by Funge

Fair enough; although I recall Spurs saying the same about Troy Parrott, who is now at Preston Nob End....

Think with Parrott. He has the talent. But 0 interest in making the most of it.

Waka waka eh eh

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 1501 viewshomer_123

Dane Scarlett on 11:02 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

I'd beg to differ.

Given the work rate expect from our lone striker, DS won't be coming here as a bench warmer - he'll be playing regularly and pushing Hirst onwards, likely more than Ladapo (sadly).

Not only that but it could well be another case of one for the future as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dane Scarlett on 11:10 - Aug 31 with 1490 viewsStewart27

Dane Scarlett on 11:04 - Aug 31 by N2_Blue

Are you though?

People moan about the lack of signings whilst the balanced people say that there is time left in the window.

Now the people who moaned about the lack of signings are moaning that any signing that happens now stinks of desperation. Whilst the other people say that Scarlett would have been a target for some time but these things take time.
Dane Scarlett on 11:10 - Aug 31 with 1456 viewstractorboy1978

Dane Scarlett on 11:08 - Aug 31 by ArnieM

Is he better than what we currently have, and will he produce the goals we need? I’m not sure. He didn’t exactly set the world alight in his last loan did he. I’m not against him per sa, just a little underwhelmed if this is our primary signing of the “ we’ll be bringing in at least three more”.

McKenna - "one of the best young strikers in world football"

Fans - "We've got super Kieran McKenna, he knows exactly what we need"

Have some faith.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 11:25]
Dane Scarlett on 11:10 - Aug 31 with 1443 viewsBiGDonnie

Dane Scarlett on 11:00 - Aug 31 by Funge

Top man, I was going to Southbank on Sunday but will see if I can head here instead.

Re Scarlett, I'm amazed people here are questioning McKenna's judgement - do people not learn?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024