Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dane Scarlett 10:38 - Aug 31 with 26756 viewsSitfcB

This post has been edited by an administrator

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dane Scarlett on 20:06 - Sep 1 with 243 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dane Scarlett on 11:24 - Sep 1 by Brads

It’s ironic that you’re dismissing any notion of a player possibly not being in optimum condition as “naive” whilst also referring to sports scientists using “BMI testing equipment” in the same post.

Except I didn't dismiss any notion of a player possibly not being in optimum condition as “naive”.

I called YOU naive if you thought you could post that you were able to ascertain his body fat percentage from a picture and no-one would comment on it.

Very different, but I think you know that and are throwing out all sorts of straw man attacks at people because you've embarrassed yourself on the internet.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dane Scarlett on 20:22 - Sep 1 with 195 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dane Scarlett on 09:21 - Sep 1 by Churchman

It is a strange old world. Some of the stuff on here has obviously been trolling, other views worryingly sad. I always knew transfer window would bring the numpties out, but not the volume.

So what were my hopes for this transfer window? I hoped we’d sign Hirst but didn’t think it likely after the half season he had here. He was too good! I hoped we’d sign up McKenna (crucial) and Luongo. I also hoped we’d extend Morsy’s contract. I felt it important we replaced Keogh with something better. Terry Butcher picked up CH experience as a gap to fill on Life’s a Pitch and he knows a thing or two about the game. I also felt a back up/challenge to Hirst and a goalscoring midfielder would be good.

So have my expectations been met? Not all - yet. But mostly they have. The CH situation bothers me. I think Burgess and Woolfy are fine but strength in depth there? The loanees? Don’t like loans as a principle but it’s how the game is. Scarlett will be an asset. The other two - time will tell. Way too soon to judge. Especially Williams for whom some have already written off. Patience and time.

As to what the club’s expectations were, whether the recruitment team/Ashton/KM have done a good job? I’m really looking forward to hearing what they have to say. I just don’t know how this works and have no idea what they’ve been up against. Nor do we really know what they are planning. Yes, they’ll spin it, but one can usually read between the lines to an extent.

Most of all, it feels like the club is being run properly. Had we been splurging Simms / Piroe level money I’d be worried, given where the club is, FFP etc.

What’s this crap? Rational points? What the hell’s that all about? Very unlike TWTD

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024