Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy 06:55 - Aug 27 with 2381 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Booked again yesterday. I predicted 20 yellows for him this year assuming he plays as often as he’s available. What’s the record?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 7:11]
Morsy on 07:33 - Aug 27 with 2288 viewslazyblue

Every time he is booked it’s because he has to make up for another player’s mistake and it’s usually a poor pass to him.
Morsy on 07:44 - Aug 27 with 2270 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Morsy on 07:33 - Aug 27 by lazyblue

Every time he is booked it’s because he has to make up for another player’s mistake and it’s usually a poor pass to him.

Yep he seems to have cut out the silly ones.
Morsy on 07:45 - Aug 27 with 2256 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cheers for the downvote Yorkshire - I forget that every post needs clarifying on here, and, for clarity, I wasn’t suggesting anything negative against morsy just my prediction re the number of bookings.
Morsy on 08:03 - Aug 27 with 2228 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A few posters have said at times that he will be a liability for us due to his red cards and suspensions. How much pitch time has he missed due to red cards or being taken off to avoid one? How many matches has he been suspended for since joining us?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Morsy on 08:06 - Aug 27 with 2213 viewstextbackup

He’s winning people money left right and centre, mates sticking £50-200 on a yellow card bet weekly.

Aside from the bookings, he was fantastic yesterday, brilliant footballer

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy on 08:49 - Aug 27 with 2131 viewsSitfcB

Morsy on 08:06 - Aug 27 by textbackup

He’s winning people money left right and centre, mates sticking £50-200 on a yellow card bet weekly.

Aside from the bookings, he was fantastic yesterday, brilliant footballer

Where’s be doing that because most places aren’t doing player to be carded for Championship games? :(

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Morsy on 09:04 - Aug 27 with 2087 viewsBloomBlue

I do think his style is singled out by refs, his tackle/booking was mirrored 5 minutes later by a Leeds player against him and the difference was the ref gave a freekick but no booking against the Leeds player.

Plus as has been correctly pointed out by a few on here and KM the foul on him just before they score the 4th would be given as a freekick to us if that was against any other player
Morsy on 09:29 - Aug 27 with 2002 viewsSitfcB

Morsy on 09:04 - Aug 27 by BloomBlue

I do think his style is singled out by refs, his tackle/booking was mirrored 5 minutes later by a Leeds player against him and the difference was the ref gave a freekick but no booking against the Leeds player.

Plus as has been correctly pointed out by a few on here and KM the foul on him just before they score the 4th would be given as a freekick to us if that was against any other player

Tbf he had already committed a couple of fouls before his card, including getting taken aside and spoken to by the ref.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy on 10:09 - Aug 27 with 1950 viewsDubtractor

Morsy on 09:29 - Aug 27 by SitfcB

Tbf he had already committed a couple of fouls before his card, including getting taken aside and spoken to by the ref.

Yep, no argument at all that a yellow was warranted for persistent fouling.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Morsy on 13:25 - Aug 27 with 1815 viewscbower

Really? I love Morsy buy yesterday it was more for an accumulation of fouls rather than the actual incident alone that resulted in the booking. Niggling is a massive part of his game. He is always walking a fine line.

bluescouser

Morsy on 16:35 - Aug 27 with 1685 viewsMullet

Morsy on 10:09 - Aug 27 by Dubtractor

Yep, no argument at all that a yellow was warranted for persistent fouling.

Ref told him clearly too. Just a shame he didn't apply the same to Ampadu and Ayling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Morsy on 16:37 - Aug 27 with 1678 viewsSkip_Intro

Luongo's booking yesterday was for exactly this reason...
Morsy on 16:47 - Aug 27 with 1636 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He absolutely should have been booked first half yesterday, persistent foundling and always a few cynical ones in there. I wouldn’t say we lost the midfield battle but were overrun a few times.
Morsy on 16:53 - Aug 27 with 1611 viewsMullet

Morsy on 16:47 - Aug 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He absolutely should have been booked first half yesterday, persistent foundling and always a few cynical ones in there. I wouldn’t say we lost the midfield battle but were overrun a few times.

Ebbed and flowed. They dropped deeper in the second half to counter more and one point saw Burgess slip Gray and get forward for example. However, Leeds did similar to us more often as we were using our fullbacks to attack theirs so it allowed both sides to load up the CMs and exploit the channels.

Was really interesting from that point of view and if you're a neutral you'd have loved it probably.

Morsy on 17:00 - Aug 27 with 1580 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Morsy on 16:53 - Aug 27 by Mullet

Ebbed and flowed. They dropped deeper in the second half to counter more and one point saw Burgess slip Gray and get forward for example. However, Leeds did similar to us more often as we were using our fullbacks to attack theirs so it allowed both sides to load up the CMs and exploit the channels.

Was really interesting from that point of view and if you're a neutral you'd have loved it probably.

My observation from the last two weeks is Morsy and Luongo are having to do more dirty work than last year and Broadhead and Chaplin are seeing less of the ball in open play. Despite obviously Chaplin popping up in good scoring positions still.
Morsy on 17:01 - Aug 27 with 1570 viewstextbackup

Morsy on 08:49 - Aug 27 by SitfcB

Where’s be doing that because most places aren’t doing player to be carded for Championship games? :(

I’ll find out for you, not a betting man so I’m unsure

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy on 17:01 - Aug 27 with 1572 viewsMullet

Morsy on 17:00 - Aug 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

My observation from the last two weeks is Morsy and Luongo are having to do more dirty work than last year and Broadhead and Chaplin are seeing less of the ball in open play. Despite obviously Chaplin popping up in good scoring positions still.

Think so, and think it was always likely as teams are smarter and sharper at this level. I also think poorer decisions are being showed up already across the team.

Morsy on 20:38 - Aug 27 with 1442 viewsitfcjoe

Morsy on 08:03 - Aug 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

A few posters have said at times that he will be a liability for us due to his red cards and suspensions. How much pitch time has he missed due to red cards or being taken off to avoid one? How many matches has he been suspended for since joining us?

7 games in his first season and considering he signed after we’d played 6 that was way too many, but only 1 last year including the incredibly long run on 9 bookings

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Morsy on 07:39 - Aug 28 with 1221 viewsPioneerBlue

I agree with many comments in the thread. We also know Morsy is capable of reining it in and not being booked at all. I feel that with the depth we have in midfield we are ok to allow some bookings to mount whilst we are adjusting to life at this level. It’s not like last season where we are falling back on only Humphries.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Morsy on 09:15 - Aug 28 with 1149 viewsRobTheMonk

It was probably the most 'sensible' yellow card you could get at the time. The actual tackle was probably a yellow on it's own so might as well get it for a cynical stop of a counter.
Morsy on 09:22 - Aug 28 with 1137 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Ref's do their research on players, know which ones to look out for, play styles etc., so not really a surprise it's easier for him to get a card - though as many have said, yesterdays was probably correct.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Morsy on 09:25 - Aug 28 with 1117 viewsHerbivore

Morsy on 16:35 - Aug 27 by Mullet

Ref told him clearly too. Just a shame he didn't apply the same to Ampadu and Ayling.

Indeed, the ref was applying different standards to the two sides all afternoon. There were fouls in the build up to two of their goals that he would 100% have given the other way.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 9:30]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morsy on 09:29 - Aug 28 with 1096 viewsKieran_Knows

Morsy on 09:25 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Indeed, the ref was applying different standards to the two sides all afternoon. There were fouls in the build up to two of their goals that he would 100% have given the other way.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 9:30]

Madley was scared sh!tless of Leeds. May as well have given Ayling his kit and whistle.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 9:29]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024