Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help! Town TV 17:38 - Aug 10 with 3174 viewsCarpyBlue

My son lives in the UK but near the Lake District so he only gets to a handful of Town games per season.

He’s said to me that he wants to buy the international subscription using a VPN so that he can watch every match live.

Would he be able to do this? I’m not sure if it would technically be breaking the law but would it be an issue, considering he’s willing to pay the club £170 via the annual international subscription?

Any help would be appreciated so I can relay back to him, not too sure myself!
Help! Town TV on 17:49 - Aug 10 with 3117 viewstopguy

Its not technically breaking the law it is breaking the law and no club would be sanctioning any knowledge of it happening.
Help! Town TV on 18:06 - Aug 10 with 3066 viewsElephantintheRoom

Would he not be better off watching games for free on ahem not entirely legal downloads for nothing? The scandalous price of Town TV international would be absurd - if it actually worked - which according to many franchise followers it doesn’t.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Help! Town TV on 18:51 - Aug 10 with 3003 viewshunty21

Help! Town TV on 18:06 - Aug 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Would he not be better off watching games for free on ahem not entirely legal downloads for nothing? The scandalous price of Town TV international would be absurd - if it actually worked - which according to many franchise followers it doesn’t.

Least you would have a secure link and unless someone is willjng to record their laptop of towntv this would be hard to find
Help! Town TV on 19:12 - Aug 10 with 2964 viewsGavTWTD

Help! Town TV on 18:06 - Aug 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Ffs. Where to start.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Help! Town TV on 19:24 - Aug 10 with 2926 viewsSwansea_Blue

Help! Town TV on 17:49 - Aug 10 by topguy

Its not technically breaking the law it is breaking the law and no club would be sanctioning any knowledge of it happening.

It’s not illegal. You are legally able to use a VPN and access material on it in the UK. It may be against Town TV T&Cs, but that’s entirely different. People have been using VPNs to watch EFL via iFollow for years. There’s a chance that iFollow (or Town TV) could try and track someone down for possibly breaching T&Cs, but highly unlikely. Ethically, it’s superior to unlicensed streams imo, as the club gets their money and nobody misses out (because you couldn’t watch the game on TV any other way and the club/broadcaster isn’t knowingly breaking its contract with the EFL).

In short, it something everyone knows is going on but turns a blind eye to.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Help! Town TV on 19:25 - Aug 10 with 2929 viewsJ2BLUE

Many fans from around the UK or who work during games do this. It shouldn't be a problem. The club aren't going to turn down extra income.

Websites openly advise VPNs to watch USA Netflix etc so i'm sure it will be fine.

I would advise him to create a new account on the website especially for the international pass. Always use private browsing and maybe even get a different browser especially for this so no cookies are saved.

99.9% sure he will be fine.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Help! Town TV on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 2901 viewsRyorry

Help! Town TV on 19:25 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Many fans from around the UK or who work during games do this. It shouldn't be a problem. The club aren't going to turn down extra income.

Websites openly advise VPNs to watch USA Netflix etc so i'm sure it will be fine.

I would advise him to create a new account on the website especially for the international pass. Always use private browsing and maybe even get a different browser especially for this so no cookies are saved.

99.9% sure he will be fine.

Good advice; and it's about time that the EFL recognised that there are tens of thousands of club supporters who live hundreds of miles away from their home ground, who are elderly, ill, disabled or unable to travel for many other reasons, and who are never going to get to a live game (the primary reason for this rule); and therefore allowed them to subscribe - perhaps with medical certification.

It's a particularly stupid rule for clubs that completely sell out their grounds, with many fans unable to get even a single ticket, as happened with ITFC for just about every game towards the end of last season.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Help! Town TV on 20:53 - Aug 10 with 2790 viewsLeoMuff

Help! Town TV on 19:38 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

Good advice; and it's about time that the EFL recognised that there are tens of thousands of club supporters who live hundreds of miles away from their home ground, who are elderly, ill, disabled or unable to travel for many other reasons, and who are never going to get to a live game (the primary reason for this rule); and therefore allowed them to subscribe - perhaps with medical certification.

It's a particularly stupid rule for clubs that completely sell out their grounds, with many fans unable to get even a single ticket, as happened with ITFC for just about every game towards the end of last season.

Also EFL should provide a geographical subscription eg over 250 miles from the ground, as if you live in Cornwall for example you are not getting to many home games, probably less chance than if you lives in Belgium.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

A week suspension....? on 20:56 - Aug 10 with 2775 viewsBloots

Help! Town TV on 19:12 - Aug 10 by GavTWTD

Ffs. Where to start.

....for his benefit as much as ours.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

A week suspension....? on 21:03 - Aug 10 with 2748 viewsMullet

A week suspension....? on 20:56 - Aug 10 by Bloots

....for his benefit as much as ours.

But divided up into decade long portions?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Help! Town TV on 12:37 - Aug 11 with 2441 viewsPositivelyPortman

Great post, you’re 100% right.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Help! Town TV on 12:41 - Aug 11 with 2403 viewsRobTheMonk

Agree. It's so easy to use a VPN to watch the game that they might as well stream it to UK subscribers too (and that goes for all games).
Help! Town TV on 13:17 - Aug 11 with 2362 viewsSteve_M

Help! Town TV on 19:12 - Aug 10 by GavTWTD

Ffs. Where to start.

I thought you had already done that:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=NerdyKnowAll

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Help! Town TV on 13:21 - Aug 11 with 2348 viewsblueasfook

Help! Town TV on 13:17 - Aug 11 by Steve_M

I thought you had already done that:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=NerdyKnowAll

I wonder if Nerdy is the only TWTD poster in history to have been immortalised on Urban Dictionary.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Help! Town TV on 13:26 - Aug 11 with 2324 viewsKeno

Help! Town TV on 13:21 - Aug 11 by blueasfook

I wonder if Nerdy is the only TWTD poster in history to have been immortalised on Urban Dictionary.

There is this

WOTB
also known as Wrath of the Barclay

An online refuge where people who like dressing up as clowns and have an inferiority complex over their much more successful neighbours achievements. Many of the people who frequent this kingdom of the damned have issues involving female siblings, can have difficulty typing caused by their additional fingers getting in the way and have a strange speech impediment.

I was so upset bout Grant Holt and my sister/auntie/uncle Bob on toosday and I going on my compooter to flounce on WOTB

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WOTB

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Help! Town TV on 15:03 - Aug 11 with 2195 viewsKievthegreat

Help! Town TV on 13:26 - Aug 11 by Keno

There is this

WOTB
also known as Wrath of the Barclay

An online refuge where people who like dressing up as clowns and have an inferiority complex over their much more successful neighbours achievements. Many of the people who frequent this kingdom of the damned have issues involving female siblings, can have difficulty typing caused by their additional fingers getting in the way and have a strange speech impediment.

I was so upset bout Grant Holt and my sister/auntie/uncle Bob on toosday and I going on my compooter to flounce on WOTB

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WOTB

If only we knew the identity of "O'Nek Eht Eulb", we could buy him a pint!

PS if we all upvote this definition and downvote the others, do you reckon we could get it to the be the top one?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 15:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024