Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Ladapo Doubted? 09:07 - Aug 7 with 5384 viewswhymark4lazio0

Last season he scored 17 league goals (21 in all competitions) despite being mainly used as a sub in the second half of the season.

He played a full season in the Championship and scored 9 league goals for a poor Rotherham side that was relegated.

His general play is good, he's a good team player and always give 100%. He's very strong with his back to goal and provides an excellent alternative to Hirst.

What's not to like?

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:11 - Aug 7 with 3053 viewsGuthrum

People saying he should have crossed are forgetting the fact the defender was between him and Ball, preventing an easy pass. Checking would have lost the momentum and put the latter beyond where the ball would have gone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:12 - Aug 7 with 3031 viewsDJR

I couldn't agree more.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:13 - Aug 7 with 3027 viewsnrb1985

I don’t think many people are doubting him but I like other posters (and Blue Monday!) pointed out yesterday he and others showed really poor game management which nearly cost us dear.

It wasnt just not squaring it to Ball but several times he and Leigh turned the ball over cheaply down the left from corners and throw ins while trying to play silly bug*

Seems a likeable guy though and good to have around the squad. I would worry though if he had to play for a prolonged period of games.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:14]
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:16 - Aug 7 with 2998 viewsNthQldITFC

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:11 - Aug 7 by Guthrum

People saying he should have crossed are forgetting the fact the defender was between him and Ball, preventing an easy pass. Checking would have lost the momentum and put the latter beyond where the ball would have gone.

Plus he was actually in quite a decent position to shoot, himself, and although he blazed it over he hit it well, and it wasn't that different to Hirst's goal in some senses. Another day it goes in.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:16 - Aug 7 with 2996 viewsDJR

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:13 - Aug 7 by nrb1985

I don’t think many people are doubting him but I like other posters (and Blue Monday!) pointed out yesterday he and others showed really poor game management which nearly cost us dear.

It wasnt just not squaring it to Ball but several times he and Leigh turned the ball over cheaply down the left from corners and throw ins while trying to play silly bug*

Seems a likeable guy though and good to have around the squad. I would worry though if he had to play for a prolonged period of games.

I think the whole team rather lost it from a composure point of view when Sunderland scored, and especially when the 13 minutes' added time was mentioned, so to single out particular players is rather harsh.

My understanding is that Sunderland are a younger team, and their pitch pretty large, so this may go some way to explain aspects of our display given we were probably tiring towards the end.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:19]
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:17 - Aug 7 with 2989 viewsDanTheMan

I think he's a really good player, he just made a poor decision. If he makes the right one, we probably go 3-0 up and the game is very easy.

On Guthers point, I think he's got plenty of time to square it before getting into the box.

He's not a perfect player and pointing out things that could be done better doesn't mean people don't rate him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:18 - Aug 7 with 2973 viewswhymark4lazio0

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:13 - Aug 7 by nrb1985

Given his record why would you worry? Apart from not squaring the ball yesterday (not as easy as some have suggested) what's he done wrong?

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:19 - Aug 7 with 2962 viewstextbackup

He saw Hirst get a goal, he wanted one himself.

Should have squared it, had time, but didn’t. It didn’t cost us.

However, I’m sure the management team will discuss that, and that Hutchinson’s chance in detail. Ultimately both should have squared it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:20 - Aug 7 with 2955 viewsnrb1985

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:16 - Aug 7 by DJR

I think the whole team rather lost it from a composure point of view when Sunderland scored, and especially when the 13 minutes' added time was mentioned, so to single out particular players is rather harsh.

My understanding is that Sunderland are a younger team, and their pitch pretty large, so this may go some way to explain aspects of our display given we were probably tiring towards the end.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:19]

No they didn’t - the defence and goalkeeper were magnificent in that period.

Harness, Leigh and Freddie barely completed a pass in that period and the shot off the post came from Harness trying to dribble clear on the edge of his own box.

You can have your opinion of course but that isn’t good game management whatever spin people want to put on it.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:22 - Aug 7 with 2919 viewsnrb1985

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:18 - Aug 7 by whymark4lazio0

Given his record why would you worry? Apart from not squaring the ball yesterday (not as easy as some have suggested) what's he done wrong?

Because we are very clearly a better team with Hirst in and that difference will likely be magnified in the Championship even more so than L1.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:25 - Aug 7 with 2888 viewsfranz_tyson

Agreed. When watching live didnt think that square ball to Ball for a simple tap-in was obvious. Defender was in the way and maybe defending well to prevent the square pass. Seen too many times occasions where players over-think and over-play trying to be unselfish and it ends up in a wasted chance. It's amazing how delaying by 1 or 2 seconds can mean you lose the initiative and defenders recover position.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:30 - Aug 7 with 2830 viewsLankHenners

Think that's a bit over generous, definitely had an opportunity to play it across even if he couldn't get the perfect pass off as Ball was in so much space.

Didn't matter in the end, thankfully.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:30 - Aug 7 with 2830 viewsDJR

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:20 - Aug 7 by nrb1985

No they didn’t - the defence and goalkeeper were magnificent in that period.

Harness, Leigh and Freddie barely completed a pass in that period and the shot off the post came from Harness trying to dribble clear on the edge of his own box.

You can have your opinion of course but that isn’t good game management whatever spin people want to put on it.

I don't doubt there were some excellent displays but I was talking about composure rather than backs-to-the wall performances.

It also mustn't be forgotten the impact of the crowd due to the 13 minutes' added time which gave Sunderland an impetus and more than made up for the fact that they had only 10 men.

Don't forget that those coming on are used to coming on against teams like Exeter, so probably found the step-up very difficult, as did the first choice team in the first 20 minutes.

All-in-all I think this game was probably the best the team could have had because it will have taught them what is required and they will have learned a lot. Indeed, they may not play in another game this season with the level of intensity that Sunderland managed.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:34]
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:37 - Aug 7 with 2741 viewsnrb1985

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:30 - Aug 7 by DJR

I don't doubt there were some excellent displays but I was talking about composure rather than backs-to-the wall performances.

It also mustn't be forgotten the impact of the crowd due to the 13 minutes' added time which gave Sunderland an impetus and more than made up for the fact that they had only 10 men.

Don't forget that those coming on are used to coming on against teams like Exeter, so probably found the step-up very difficult, as did the first choice team in the first 20 minutes.

All-in-all I think this game was probably the best the team could have had because it will have taught them what is required and they will have learned a lot. Indeed, they may not play in another game this season with the level of intensity that Sunderland managed.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:34]

Yes some valid points here but I felt like the "basics" deserted us at times yesterday - eg re Harness, just launch it down field, there were 15 seconds to go ffs.

I would also like to say that even Blue Monday described the game management yesterday as hopeless so it's not just me having a pop at certain individuals in what was, for 70 mins, an absolutely outstanding away performance.

Loads to like about yesterday but that last 23 mins and lack of composure was certainly cause for some concern - albeit against good opposition.

Roll on Saturday. COYB.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:37]
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:38 - Aug 7 with 2714 viewsChurchman

Freddie is a good player. Yes, he can be a bit hit and miss but he scored goals for Rotherham in this division and of course for us last year mainly as sub. He’s an infectious character too and clearly appreciated by his teammates. He’s a 100%er. He will play a big role this season.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:39 - Aug 7 with 2709 viewsDJR

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:37 - Aug 7 by nrb1985

Yes some valid points here but I felt like the "basics" deserted us at times yesterday - eg re Harness, just launch it down field, there were 15 seconds to go ffs.

I would also like to say that even Blue Monday described the game management yesterday as hopeless so it's not just me having a pop at certain individuals in what was, for 70 mins, an absolutely outstanding away performance.

Loads to like about yesterday but that last 23 mins and lack of composure was certainly cause for some concern - albeit against good opposition.

Roll on Saturday. COYB.

Absolutely.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:39]
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:42 - Aug 7 with 2679 viewsportmanking

The difference is Hirst would have squared that chance for Ball. He's much more intelligent in his runs and decision-making.

Ladapo really offered very little even when we had the extra man. I know that's partly due to our midfield's lack of control but Ladapo didn't really give their backline a torrid time. Hirst didn't give them a moment's rest.

Ladapo isn't a bad player by any means. He's just not at the level we now need. He served a very good purpose, but we need an upgrade if we're to be genuine top 6 contenders IMO.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:46 - Aug 7 with 2644 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hirst has shown over his time with us that he not only is attackingly important. But he helps us defend too.

Freddie isn't the same. He ll jog back and get involved but not to the same level. Also Hirsts movement brings in other players and creates space for the likes of Chaplin. With freddie it's more rigid and he's there for anything that falls into the box.

He's a handy player. But with more minutes in games now we need someone who can do pretty much the same job as Hirst.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:48 - Aug 7 with 2647 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm a big fan and if I was a league one manager for Derby/Bolton I would be asking the chairman to make a big push to get him.

I want us to keep him. I think we need another joint number one option as well though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:48 - Aug 7 with 2644 viewscommuterblue

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:17 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

I think he's a really good player, he just made a poor decision. If he makes the right one, we probably go 3-0 up and the game is very easy.

On Guthers point, I think he's got plenty of time to square it before getting into the box.

He's not a perfect player and pointing out things that could be done better doesn't mean people don't rate him.

What better decision? The square ball was not on

Blog: Harry Was Right (Potter, Not the One From Bath). The Only Thing We Should Fear is Fear Itself

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 2619 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:48 - Aug 7 by commuterblue

People saying he couldn't cut back.. why not?
Didn't we have another player free alongside ball who freddie could have passed to?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 2625 viewsDanTheMan

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:48 - Aug 7 by commuterblue

He ran a significant way before getting into a position to shoot which, in my opinion, he could have passed without it being blocked.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:54 - Aug 7 with 2603 viewsfranz_tyson

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:37 - Aug 7 by nrb1985

Roll on Saturday. COYB.

Harness was the one who pissed me off most. As you say, in extra time of extra time and gets the ball just outside our box. Time enough to lash it deep into their half and maybe out for a throw in. Would have wasted 10-15 seconds and taken play 40-50 yards up the pitch. Would have taken all the momentum out of Sunderland.What does he do? Tries a short pass and gives the ball away and we're back again defending deeply and forcing Hladky to save us in the dying seconds. What was he thinking?
But... we got away with it and fingers-crossed we will learn from it.
One weakness we had last season was injury time. We never won a game in injury time yet we lost points from late goals. I'll never forget Charlton.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:55 - Aug 7 with 2595 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I don't get it either, he was a key part of our promotion and gets nothing but stick from some, sure the Championship is a step up from last season but he deserves his chance to have a crack at this level with Ipswich.
Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:59 - Aug 7 with 2562 viewscommuterblue

Why is Ladapo Doubted? on 09:51 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

He ran a significant way before getting into a position to shoot which, in my opinion, he could have passed without it being blocked.

Watching it live I hadn't thought about the earlier pass to be fair.

Annoyingly it's not on the extended highlights. I'd like to have another look.

Blog: Harry Was Right (Potter, Not the One From Bath). The Only Thing We Should Fear is Fear Itself

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024