Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 15:27 - Jul 30 with 4942 viewsSheffordBlue

Interested in people's constructive criticism on Town TV so far. My two penn'orth:

The Good:
Match day show with James Tzanoudakis and Matt Holland was very good and a big improvement on iFollow. The issues with the interrupted stream weren't TownTV's fault.
The additional content - A day in the life of, Three Words, in-depth interviews has been a good mix even if not all of it has been to my taste.

The Bad:
Not really clear going forward what will be 'Freemium' content and what will be 'Subscriber Only'. Maybe they haven't worked it out yet but some comms on this would be good.
No edited segments from the matchday show e.g. I couldn't watch it live but wanted to watch the Sam Morsy interview. Would be good to have this sort of things as standalone clip or have bookmarks to easily find it rather than have to search for it in a long show.

The Ugly:
Having to log into the app/website EVERY SINGLE TIME despite accepting cookies.
T&Cs for subscription weren't clear on sign up. I.e Wasn't made clear that they'd be taking recurring payments.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 15:46 - Jul 30 with 4127 viewsSitfcB

Not had any of those log in issues, have been logged in since I subscribed last week and not had to log in again.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 15:55 - Jul 30 with 4089 viewsLankHenners

Agree that JT and Holland did a good job and sure the ex-Soccer AM guy who will do some hosting spots will be similarly slick and professional.

Range of content is good but obviously all that stuff was on there waiting for when it was open to subscription and going forwards there, presumably, won't be as much of a 'content dump' so to speak. Added to, as you say, a lot of interviews etc. being 'freemium', tough to know exactly what your subscription will get you in terms of extra stuff.

Think it's fair not to stick too many things that have been free to view behind a paywall so guess we'll get things like extended highlights and the occasional behind the scenes vid.

Not a personal issue for me but clearly people are getting log-in issues and for international viewers it seems there's a bit of a price hike from the previous offering.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 16:52 - Jul 30 with 3968 viewsIllinoisblue

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 15:55 - Jul 30 by LankHenners

Agree that JT and Holland did a good job and sure the ex-Soccer AM guy who will do some hosting spots will be similarly slick and professional.

Range of content is good but obviously all that stuff was on there waiting for when it was open to subscription and going forwards there, presumably, won't be as much of a 'content dump' so to speak. Added to, as you say, a lot of interviews etc. being 'freemium', tough to know exactly what your subscription will get you in terms of extra stuff.

Think it's fair not to stick too many things that have been free to view behind a paywall so guess we'll get things like extended highlights and the occasional behind the scenes vid.

Not a personal issue for me but clearly people are getting log-in issues and for international viewers it seems there's a bit of a price hike from the previous offering.

Haven’t subscribed yet mostly because Sunderland game will be on ESPN+ here and also annoyed at the lack of a season pass option. The club’s reasoning for not offering a season pass is because they’ll be offering content all year round. Literally defies all logic for the club to say that. The club haven’t got much wrong the last 18 months but on this they have.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 16:57 - Jul 30 with 3949 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 16:52 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

Haven’t subscribed yet mostly because Sunderland game will be on ESPN+ here and also annoyed at the lack of a season pass option. The club’s reasoning for not offering a season pass is because they’ll be offering content all year round. Literally defies all logic for the club to say that. The club haven’t got much wrong the last 18 months but on this they have.

Maybe I misread it. I thought they were doing a season pass for foreign subscribers?
£20 a month I thought?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 17:09 - Jul 30 with 3876 viewsSkip_Intro

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 16:57 - Jul 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Maybe I misread it. I thought they were doing a season pass for foreign subscribers?
£20 a month I thought?

I think that's for 12 months rather than the season - so you'd be paying top dollar for the close season too - which seems like a rip-off tbh
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 17:12 - Jul 30 with 3862 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

there isn't an "app". It's just a website. I have bought a Firestick for my elderly Dad, and if they can launch it via an app then I can install the app on his Firestick and tell him to just hold down the voice button and say "Town TV". But without an app, it is much more difficult, so I don't see him being able to use it. He would happily pay the £10 per match for midweek games, but he won't be able to launch it and then enter payment details. There should be a simpler more accessible way to do it for people like him.

Poll: would you rather

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 17:16 - Jul 30 with 3834 viewsSkip_Intro

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 17:12 - Jul 30 by LegendofthePhoenix

there isn't an "app". It's just a website. I have bought a Firestick for my elderly Dad, and if they can launch it via an app then I can install the app on his Firestick and tell him to just hold down the voice button and say "Town TV". But without an app, it is much more difficult, so I don't see him being able to use it. He would happily pay the £10 per match for midweek games, but he won't be able to launch it and then enter payment details. There should be a simpler more accessible way to do it for people like him.

there is an app for android and iphones - not sure whether it works for a firestick
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:10 - Jul 30 with 3743 viewsIllinoisblue

£20 a month I thought?

Yes you can pay monthly but there is no option to pay for the season upfront. Whereas with IFollow you could pay for the entire season in advance and save a few $$$ doing so. The club are making a big deal about year-round content but if they think I’m paying 20 quid in July for bland pre-season fluff they can think again.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 18:11]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:21 - Jul 30 with 3697 viewsmrfixit426

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:10 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

Yes you can pay monthly but there is no option to pay for the season upfront. Whereas with IFollow you could pay for the entire season in advance and save a few $$$ doing so. The club are making a big deal about year-round content but if they think I’m paying 20 quid in July for bland pre-season fluff they can think again.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 18:11]

Sound was all over the place. It's the difference between a production having a professional presentation, or coming over as a bit amateurish.
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:42 - Jul 30 with 3634 viewsGlasgowBlue

User does not have the correct entitlements to watch this video by GlasgowBlue 28 Jul 2023 17:18
Anyone else get this message on the Town TV app?

Paid twenty quid, getting all the premium video content but couldn’t watch today’s games.

Never had this issue with iFollow. VPN worked a treat. They’ll lose a lot of subscribers if it’s not VPN compatible.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 19:52]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:44 - Jul 30 with 3616 viewsMullet

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 17:09 - Jul 30 by Skip_Intro

I think that's for 12 months rather than the season - so you'd be paying top dollar for the close season too - which seems like a rip-off tbh

iFollow used to do "season" and I subscribed in March once for radio comms. Had to pay again in August and was furious - so can see the 12 month logic.

Have to say I've not heard much positivity about Town TV yet which surprised me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:47 - Jul 30 with 3582 views2-5-7

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 15:55 - Jul 30 by LankHenners

Commentary still not radio-friendly if the TV stream from the friendlies is being used.
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:50 - Jul 30 with 3576 viewsitfcjoe

No highlights of the last 3 friendlies available

No YouTube uploads since Hirst signing interview (how do we keep young/new fans engaged?)

And you can watch back the full broadcast from Innsbruck, but it includes the first hourish of just the holding screen - surely someone can cut that out, or put some edit points of when games are starting etc as it’s not easily scrollable like YT is. So hard to watch a 5 hour broadcast, with massive dead airs, without ability to jump back and forward 10 seconds or so - having to use the scroll bar is painful as when watching games you want to jump back 10-20 seconds every now and again

If you are going to have the coverage, you need someone sharp on editing to just get stuff sorted quickly.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 19:11 - Jul 30 with 3486 viewspennyfathersleg

I can login on my ipad, Mac and phone fine. I can’t login on my TV browser. It’s a pretty new TV, so pretty up to date (it asks to confirm I’m human, but the ‘captcha’ doesn’t come up). I could login to iFollow on the TV and watched games fine, so it’s annoying I can’t with TownTV. I can plug my Mac into the TV, so it’s not a major issue, just an inconvenience.
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 19:36 - Jul 30 with 3428 viewsSitfcB

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:50 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

No highlights of the last 3 friendlies available

No YouTube uploads since Hirst signing interview (how do we keep young/new fans engaged?)

And you can watch back the full broadcast from Innsbruck, but it includes the first hourish of just the holding screen - surely someone can cut that out, or put some edit points of when games are starting etc as it’s not easily scrollable like YT is. So hard to watch a 5 hour broadcast, with massive dead airs, without ability to jump back and forward 10 seconds or so - having to use the scroll bar is painful as when watching games you want to jump back 10-20 seconds every now and again

If you are going to have the coverage, you need someone sharp on editing to just get stuff sorted quickly.

I don’t think the Luton, Cambridge and Stevenage games were filmed in their entirety, the goal clips got posted on social media though.

Yeah I think it was a bit of a rush job getting that full broadcast up, some people may not have known there was 35 mins of nothing, there is a 15 second skip button (forward and back) though, I watched it back but not the games so knew when to scroll through etc.

They want the hits to an ITFC site and not YouTube so suppose hardly anything will get uploaded directly to YT now.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 19:37]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 20:24 - Jul 30 with 3283 viewsJ2BLUE

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 16:52 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

This regime has taken us off life support. If you subscribe after Sunderland it would be a 9 month subscription. Not being able to pay upfront is not really a big deal.

As for some of the other comments there was always going to be issues with it when it's first rolled out. I'm sure by Christmas it will be a lot better.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 21:11 - Jul 30 with 3169 viewsLankHenners

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 18:47 - Jul 30 by 2-5-7

Commentary still not radio-friendly if the TV stream from the friendlies is being used.

Yes the whole commentary issue is, and likely will continue to be, a source of contention for a lot of people. Said many times I don't rate it for a number of reasons.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 21:14 - Jul 30 with 3153 viewsitfcjoe

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 19:36 - Jul 30 by SitfcB

I don’t think the Luton, Cambridge and Stevenage games were filmed in their entirety, the goal clips got posted on social media though.

Yeah I think it was a bit of a rush job getting that full broadcast up, some people may not have known there was 35 mins of nothing, there is a 15 second skip button (forward and back) though, I watched it back but not the games so knew when to scroll through etc.

They want the hits to an ITFC site and not YouTube so suppose hardly anything will get uploaded directly to YT now.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 19:37]

I didn't have the 15 second skip on desktop - may have been on tablet

I get wanting the hits on TownTv rather than YT, but ultimately YT needs to be used to drive content that way, even if it is only going on there after a delay - the YT channel needs the basics on it even if peppered with Town TV ads

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 21:18 - Jul 30 with 3128 viewsmichaeldownunder

I watched the first game live in Austria at 11pm Oz time then rather than watch all the fluff between the games i switched off and went to bed for a while. It would not let me watch the 2nd game what ever I did. Logging on is no problem but getting onto the match site is a bit hit or miss some times. Cannot the 'live" button do what it says ? rather than send you back to the log in / subscribe page !!
Early days I know but maybe they should get a non tec person to try and use the site rather than someone with a degree in I know it all !!! Haha
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 21:23 - Jul 30 with 3084 viewswkj

I do see a lot of talk on price, but is anyone that surprised? The EFL will still want to take their cut as if it was iFollow, plus the additional overhead for town involved. Put it like this, it was never going to be a cheaper consumer product.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 09:49 - Jul 31 with 2676 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Can you ONLY stream through the app? I.e is there any ability to stream through a browser?

TIA
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 10:17 - Jul 31 with 2626 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 21:14 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

I didn't have the 15 second skip on desktop - may have been on tablet

I get wanting the hits on TownTv rather than YT, but ultimately YT needs to be used to drive content that way, even if it is only going on there after a delay - the YT channel needs the basics on it even if peppered with Town TV ads

l had a fiddle with the app. Cant get it to work on my samsung tv. I wont watch games on a phone or laptop as the quality is rubbish and the screen is just too small, so lm doing without it lm afraid.
So some YT content would be good, like for instance an interview with Hutchinson etc. Not heard a word from him since he arrived, as l expect the interview is on Towntv. At least a delayed release of stuff like that should be released to YT, interviews etc. Even if there is no actual match action released on the YT platform.
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 10:41 - Jul 31 with 2559 viewsmrfixit426

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 09:49 - Jul 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Can you ONLY stream through the app? I.e is there any ability to stream through a browser?

TIA

I streamed Friday through a browser - laptop - HDMI - tv. Dropped a few frames but worked ok.
Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 13:42 - Jul 31 with 2409 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 10:17 - Jul 31 by Naylorsrightboot

l had a fiddle with the app. Cant get it to work on my samsung tv. I wont watch games on a phone or laptop as the quality is rubbish and the screen is just too small, so lm doing without it lm afraid.
So some YT content would be good, like for instance an interview with Hutchinson etc. Not heard a word from him since he arrived, as l expect the interview is on Towntv. At least a delayed release of stuff like that should be released to YT, interviews etc. Even if there is no actual match action released on the YT platform.

Hutchinson interview is on Freemium on Town TV.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Town TV - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on 15:01 - Jul 31 with 2295 viewsKropotkin123

£20 a month I thought?

Plus it is 9/12 payments in a foreign currency, not one. Which is a annoying to sort.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024