Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... 10:55 - Jul 30 with 6360 viewsITFCBlues

Can't see us letting him go?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 12:47 - Jul 30 with 2101 viewsPhilTWTD

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 12:24 - Jul 30 by ITFCBlues

From what I've read, they're not expecting this WBA keeper to be their number 1

Is that right, hadn't read that, I assumed they'd moved on to him. I think they seem to recruiting on the basis that they'll probably come down and Palmer seems a good option on that basis.
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:18 - Jul 30 with 1997 viewsstrikalite

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 12:31 - Jul 30 by burnbudgiesburn

I presume it went something like...

L: Hey, we're interested in Christian Walton
I: Not for sale, but lets hear the offer chaps
L: 1m-2m
I: Yeah, not for sale lads

I presume like all of our players we'd listen to and consider any overpriced offers. Say they offered 6-7m we'd take it I'm sure.

Just say what Barry Fry or DM would say and make up a figure, £15m should do it..
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 2016 viewsMullet

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 12:47 - Jul 30 by PhilTWTD

Is that right, hadn't read that, I assumed they'd moved on to him. I think they seem to recruiting on the basis that they'll probably come down and Palmer seems a good option on that basis.

FWIW, can see it being a bit like say Skuse where he's moved from one side of the country to the other and it'd take a lot to uproot him now. Strikes me that he loves living here, the upward trajectory of the club etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:27 - Jul 30 with 1960 viewsNeedhamChris

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 11:38 - Jul 30 by cbower

Can't see it. Luton won’t pay mega bucks, are highly likely to be back in Championship within a year and I fear he would be picking the ball out of the net 70+ times. Then again, look at Brentford!

Yeah, although it's also a chance to be one of (if not the no.1) player of the year for them, GK is a role where he could still get an even bigger step up if he does well there.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:31 - Jul 30 with 1926 viewsBluePG

Sadly, money talks. If he’s offered, say, double or treble his current salary, he’ll be able to force a move.

Luton have new-found riches, and will be able to pay commensurate wages.

Poll: Best Dane?

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:32 - Jul 30 with 1916 viewsLord_Lucan

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 11:38 - Jul 30 by cbower

Can't see it. Luton won’t pay mega bucks, are highly likely to be back in Championship within a year and I fear he would be picking the ball out of the net 70+ times. Then again, look at Brentford!

I agree

The staunchest Luton supporter would likely appreciate they are almost definitely going down straight away.

Even if we don't go up this would be a medium term backward step for Walton.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:34 - Jul 30 with 1905 viewsNeedhamChris

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:32 - Jul 30 by Lord_Lucan

I agree

The staunchest Luton supporter would likely appreciate they are almost definitely going down straight away.

Potentially, but not if he is a top performer for them as he'll then be a PL keeper looking for another move.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:44 - Jul 30 with 1857 viewsSharkey

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:32 - Jul 30 by Lord_Lucan

I agree

I remember Sheffield Utd letting in quite a few on Match of the day, but Ramsdale's value went up hugely.
Login to get fewer ads

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 14:03 - Jul 30 with 1793 viewsPhilTWTD

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:20 - Jul 30 by Mullet

FWIW, can see it being a bit like say Skuse where he's moved from one side of the country to the other and it'd take a lot to uproot him now. Strikes me that he loves living here, the upward trajectory of the club etc.

Agree, but not sure it would come down to him anyway. If the club doesn't want to sell, which they don't, then they won't sell.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 14:14 - Jul 30 with 1760 viewsChrisd

He’s such a big player for us, Luton would need to offer serious money to prise him away. I appreciate no one is indispensable, but Walton would be tough to replace.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

[Redacted] on 16:19 - Jul 30 with 1628 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 16:21 - Jul 30 with 1624 viewsVic

They can want all they like. He ain’t going no where!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 16:41 - Jul 30 with 1562 viewsjayessess

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:31 - Jul 30 by BluePG

Sadly, money talks. If he’s offered, say, double or treble his current salary, he’ll be able to force a move.

He's under contract, so unless Luton meet the fee he's going nowhere.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 1556 viewsnodge_blue

I think its just one of those things where clubs draw up potential lists of 4 or 5

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 16:54 - Jul 30 with 1535 viewstractorboy1978

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 13:31 - Jul 30 by BluePG

I highly doubt Luton will be paying anyone £30-£45k a week even with their ‘new found riches’. They are a club already gearing for an inevitable relegation.
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 21:33 - Jul 30 with 1313 viewsUppaTowen78

Maybe they will come for Walton now?
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 22:23 - Jul 30 with 1201 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 21:33 - Jul 30 by UppaTowen78

Maybe they will come for Walton now?

More desperate, more willing to pay over the odds.

I don't want to lose any of our players, but we will have to do player trading to get anywhere eventually in the Championship.

The great thing now is, we decide his worth and buyers have to meet our valuation.

£5m+ and we'd at least have to think about it.
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 22:41 - Jul 30 with 1175 viewsjayessess

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 22:23 - Jul 30 by burnbudgiesburn

More desperate, more willing to pay over the odds.

I don't want to lose any of our players, but we will have to do player trading to get anywhere eventually in the Championship.

The great thing now is, we decide his worth and buyers have to meet our valuation.

£5m+ and we'd at least have to think about it.

It would be pretty terrible timing. GK is the last place you want any uncertainty, losing your undisputed first choice after you've done all your pre-season prep would be sub-optimal.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 22:53 - Jul 30 with 1125 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 22:41 - Jul 30 by jayessess

It would be pretty terrible timing. GK is the last place you want any uncertainty, losing your undisputed first choice after you've done all your pre-season prep would be sub-optimal.

100%

So any offer from our perspective would have to reflect that. I don't see us accepting a 'good deal' as we have no need for it.

We'd need to be offered silly money from a desperate Luton.
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 08:58 - Jul 31 with 934 viewsCotty

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 11:00 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

Don't want him to go but don't think it would be anywhere near as much of a problem as losing Chaplin/Morsy/Davis/Broadhead.

I think he's a good keeper but if we got a reasonable fee we could replace him.

That's what people said about Richard Wright!
Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 15:13 - Jul 31 with 747 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Nixon suggesting Luton want Walton... on 12:18 - Jul 30 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather, they showed some interest but were told he's not for sale, so the current story is a bit passé. They're close to signing another keeper from West Brom.

Not that close to signing the West Brom keeper after all….

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024