Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? 00:40 - Jul 30 with 2234 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Has anyone had their free trial run out yet and been offered new terms?

Remember them saying they were always offering 'deals' - I'd probably renew for another say £6 for 6 months deal but in no way is it worth it at £8 a month for those living outside the IP area.

They still haven't come up with a plan for just purchasing Town coverage either.

Pity, as I think Alex Jones has done a commendable job in stepping into Warrens shoes - intelligent, and knows his football.
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 09:40 - Jul 30 with 2003 viewsLancsBlue

I won't be renewing at the full rate. If they can come up with another decent deal or football only package I would consider doing so.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 09:46 - Jul 30 with 1978 viewsDJR

I was already signed up beforehand at a lower rate (£3.99 a month), and am not sure whether it will be going up for me. But I will stick with it anyway, because I like what they offer.

I don't live in Ipswich but do like to read what is going on there more generally but I realise some fans have no connection to Ipswich.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 9:47]
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 15:28 - Jul 30 with 1790 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I just disabled auto-renewal which runs out on Aug 2nd. Guess i'll see what offers I get then, and will post them here.
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 1699 viewsxrayspecs

I have disabled the auto renew. I listen to the Pods which remain free and liked the AW/SW post match videos but am not fussed about the rest of the Town content. I live outside Ipswich so would not read the paper normally.

I may revisit if cheaper and depending on how the Alex and Stu discussions on the pod develop.
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 19:33 - Jul 30 with 1611 viewsemergencylime

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 15:28 - Jul 30 by burnbudgiesburn

I just disabled auto-renewal which runs out on Aug 2nd. Guess i'll see what offers I get then, and will post them here.

Thanks for the reminder!

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 19:41 - Jul 30 with 1600 viewsvilanovablue

As someone who lies out of area I've signed up.
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 19:52 - Jul 30 with 1575 viewsDJR

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 16:45 - Jul 30 by xrayspecs

I have disabled the auto renew. I listen to the Pods which remain free and liked the AW/SW post match videos but am not fussed about the rest of the Town content. I live outside Ipswich so would not read the paper normally.

I may revisit if cheaper and depending on how the Alex and Stu discussions on the pod develop.

Alex is growing on me, and he and Ross have put out some great videos in Austria, so I've no reason to think Stu and Alex won't do the same.
I don't believe you. (n/t) on 20:07 - Jul 30 with 1517 viewsBloots

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 19:41 - Jul 30 by vilanovablue

As someone who lies out of area I've signed up.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 20:52 - Jul 30 with 1475 viewsxrayspecs

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 19:52 - Jul 30 by DJR

Alex is growing on me, and he and Ross have put out some great videos in Austria, so I've no reason to think Stu and Alex won't do the same.

It is far too early to judge Alex, he (and Ross) are both at the start of their media careers. I only started listening to KOA in the last year or two and would imagine both Andy and Stu grew into their presenting roles, broadcast media is quite different to written journalism, which I believe was their original training. It will be interesting to see how Alex's and Stu's presenting relationship evolves.

There is a lot of Town content online so am trying to be discerning with my time. I currently listen to the BM, KOA main and women pods and I am trialling the new official Town pod. I liked the AW/SW post match pieces last season but these alone do not justify me subscribing to EADT.

I have a bias toward informed comments and insights so give the more frivolous and self-indulgent offerings a miss. I am less interested in the fans led content Ross produces and the Austrian behind the scenes video. The meet the Oppo pods can be quite good.

As Town fans, we are spoilt for content.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 20:55]
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 07:53 - Jul 31 with 1268 viewsDJR

EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 20:52 - Jul 30 by xrayspecs

It is far too early to judge Alex, he (and Ross) are both at the start of their media careers. I only started listening to KOA in the last year or two and would imagine both Andy and Stu grew into their presenting roles, broadcast media is quite different to written journalism, which I believe was their original training. It will be interesting to see how Alex's and Stu's presenting relationship evolves.

There is a lot of Town content online so am trying to be discerning with my time. I currently listen to the BM, KOA main and women pods and I am trialling the new official Town pod. I liked the AW/SW post match pieces last season but these alone do not justify me subscribing to EADT.

I have a bias toward informed comments and insights so give the more frivolous and self-indulgent offerings a miss. I am less interested in the fans led content Ross produces and the Austrian behind the scenes video. The meet the Oppo pods can be quite good.

As Town fans, we are spoilt for content.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 20:55]

Alex's column in today's Star/EADT is a good read, so he would certainly appear to have the journalistic skills. And he appears to be relaxing into his role in front of the camera, so hopefully he will be able to build up a bit of a rapport with Stu.

As regards frivolity, I'm generally with you on this, but podcasts with a bit of humour are no bad thing, if the content is generally serious. Life's a Pitch falls into that category, and also the Mark Heath-led KOA output. And I do like to watch Gameday to hear what the fans make of the game, especially if I have been to the game.

And for me it would be BM, KOA, Life's a Pitch TV, and the new one-hour-long Radio Suffolk podcast, Tractor Social.

But as you say, we're spoilt for choice.
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 10:15 - Jul 31 with 1168 viewsblue_curacao

I've just cancelled my renewal for exactly this reason - it's not worth £8 per month. I agree, it would be great if you could just purchase the ITFC content
EADT/KOA free trial period is nearly up - renewal? on 14:05 - Jul 31 with 1096 viewsburnbudgiesburn

According to the latest KOA podcast, some reduced offers are going to be available on Wednesday.
I don't believe you. (n/t) on 14:36 - Jul 31 with 1054 viewsvilanovablue

I don't believe you. (n/t) on 20:07 - Jul 30 by Bloots

Not sure why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024