Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Innsbruck cup 17:17 - Jul 28 with 2967 viewsBrandonsBlues

Completed ✅
Innsbruck cup on 17:20 - Jul 28 with 2655 viewspennblue

We are champions, champions of europe back on this season?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Innsbruck cup on 17:22 - Jul 28 with 2633 viewsexeterblue10

Champions in Innsbruck, you'll never sing that...
[Redacted] on 17:24 - Jul 28 with 2594 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Innsbruck cup on 17:26 - Jul 28 with 2559 viewsSaigonTractor

Get another star on the shirt before Sunderland.
Innsbruck cup on 17:43 - Jul 28 with 2442 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Long 42 trophyless years are over
Innsbruck cup on 17:45 - Jul 28 with 2418 viewsGeoffSentence

Innsbruck cup on 17:43 - Jul 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

Long 42 trophyless years are over

Consolation prize though it is, the Championship Play Offs come with a trophy

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Innsbruck cup on 17:48 - Jul 28 with 2395 viewsStevieH

Presumably this triumph will be reflected in the match day programme under ‘Honours’

Rather than “Innsbruck cup - Participated”
Innsbruck cup on 17:49 - Jul 28 with 2377 viewsNutkins_Return

Nice. Phil doesn't care. Not even a 'Town win Cup'....just a normal match report 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Innsbruck cup on 17:49 - Jul 28 with 2375 viewscressi

Innsbruck cup on 17:45 - Jul 28 by GeoffSentence

Consolation prize though it is, the Championship Play Offs come with a trophy

I remember watching us beat St Johnstone in the texaco Cup 1972
Innsbruck cup on 17:52 - Jul 28 with 2330 viewsGeoffSentence

Innsbruck cup on 17:49 - Jul 28 by cressi

Our first European Trophy

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Innsbruck cup on 17:56 - Jul 28 with 2250 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Innsbruck cup on 17:49 - Jul 28 by cressi

And we beat Noj n the final

Poll: would you rather

Innsbruck cup on 18:00 - Jul 28 with 2218 viewswkj

Weird question but does anyone know what the result was between RBL and WB? Yes, im a pedant

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Innsbruck cup on 18:02 - Jul 28 with 2187 viewsmarKoffC

Innsbruck cup on 18:00 - Jul 28 by wkj

Weird question but does anyone know what the result was between RBL and WB? Yes, im a pedant

0-0
Innsbruck cup on 18:02 - Jul 28 with 2175 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

0-0

Poll: would you rather

Innsbruck cup on 18:03 - Jul 28 with 2171 viewsSaigonTractor

0-0
Innsbruck cup on 18:04 - Jul 28 with 2163 viewsSitfcB

I think it was 0-0.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Innsbruck cup on 18:06 - Jul 28 with 2151 viewsHelp

Table
Played Won Drawn Lost For Against Points
Ipswich Town 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
Werder Bremen 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
RB Leipzig 2 0 1 1 0 1 1
Innsbruck cup on 01:37 - Jul 29 with 1828 viewsDeano69

What time does the open top bus parade happen?

Ah yeah of course, we are not that tinpot to celebrate a one match win in europe

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Innsbruck cup on 05:52 - Jul 29 with 1758 viewsWestover

We might soon need a new Trophy 🏆 cabinet maybe our neighbours will give us one after all they just have a empty one gathering dust.😂
Innsbruck cup on 10:46 - Jul 29 with 1619 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Innsbruck cup on 18:06 - Jul 28 by Help

Table
Played Won Drawn Lost For Against Points
Ipswich Town 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
Werder Bremen 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
RB Leipzig 2 0 1 1 0 1 1

Yes, we got more points, and scored more goals, than both Bundesliga teams combined, in one fewer matches.

A good afternoon's work!
Innsbruck cup on 11:04 - Jul 29 with 1590 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this the start of a ‘5 point plan’ (lol):

✅ Innsbruck Cup
🔲 League Cup
🔲 League Champions
🔲 FA Cup
🔲 Party time

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Innsbruck cup on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 1547 viewsthe_toff

Innsbruck cup on 10:46 - Jul 29 by ArnoldMoorhen

Yes, we got more points, and scored more goals, than both Bundesliga teams combined, in one fewer matches.

A good afternoon's work!

And the goal we conceded in 2 hours of football against very strong opposition was a gift against our 3rd choice keeper.

Personally I don’t read too much into pre season, there’s certainly for me a good few clubs in the championship with stronger squads than us on paper, but it’ll be interesting to see how they adapt. Leicester have an unproven manager, and ridding the disappointment of relegation isn’t easy for any of those 3, not to mention dealing with the expectation. Winning is habitual, we have momentum and belief and that’s a quality that’s very hard to quantify the value of. It’s hard to know where the ceiling is for this current crop, especially when you consider that the only time our likely ‘first XI’ (I know, it’s very much a squad game) has played together this pre season we looked excellent against both Preston and Luton. It was only after a lot of changes and the introduction of some very young players that things became a little more ragged. And that’s before 2 or 3 more players likely to come in. We were already a Championship club in league 1, I really can’t see us being in the bottom half and with a bit of a tailwind we definitely can challenge for the top 6 IMO.
Innsbruck cup on 13:19 - Jul 29 with 1463 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Innsbruck cup on 11:38 - Jul 29 by the_toff

And the goal we conceded in 2 hours of football against very strong opposition was a gift against our 3rd choice keeper.

Personally I don’t read too much into pre season, there’s certainly for me a good few clubs in the championship with stronger squads than us on paper, but it’ll be interesting to see how they adapt. Leicester have an unproven manager, and ridding the disappointment of relegation isn’t easy for any of those 3, not to mention dealing with the expectation. Winning is habitual, we have momentum and belief and that’s a quality that’s very hard to quantify the value of. It’s hard to know where the ceiling is for this current crop, especially when you consider that the only time our likely ‘first XI’ (I know, it’s very much a squad game) has played together this pre season we looked excellent against both Preston and Luton. It was only after a lot of changes and the introduction of some very young players that things became a little more ragged. And that’s before 2 or 3 more players likely to come in. We were already a Championship club in league 1, I really can’t see us being in the bottom half and with a bit of a tailwind we definitely can challenge for the top 6 IMO.

The big bonuses are that we hit incredible form after the January signings joined. Not just "that's Promotion form" of 2 points per game, but undefeated and with win after win after win.

And we have signed up the two of those key additions, Luongo and Hirst, who weren't on permanent, long term, contracts.

Had we had a normal automatic promotion season, of say 86 points spread evenly, then I wouldn't be as confident, but this side kept winning must win games and blitzed some promotion challengers, proving that we were a class above even very good, in form, League One teams.

It wasn't Roylesque 5-4 wins, with a gung-ho approach that better teams could take advantage of, or Mickesque gritty 1-nils. We were free scoring and defensively solid.

Based on all that, I am very confident of a winning season (more wins than losses) and confident of us challenging for top 6. I hope that we will make top 6, and see it as realistically possible, even if I wouldn't go so far as to say probable.

I am very optimistic for this season.
Innsbruck cup on 13:30 - Jul 29 with 1446 viewsVic

Innsbruck cup on 13:19 - Jul 29 by ArnoldMoorhen

The big bonuses are that we hit incredible form after the January signings joined. Not just "that's Promotion form" of 2 points per game, but undefeated and with win after win after win.

And we have signed up the two of those key additions, Luongo and Hirst, who weren't on permanent, long term, contracts.

Had we had a normal automatic promotion season, of say 86 points spread evenly, then I wouldn't be as confident, but this side kept winning must win games and blitzed some promotion challengers, proving that we were a class above even very good, in form, League One teams.

It wasn't Roylesque 5-4 wins, with a gung-ho approach that better teams could take advantage of, or Mickesque gritty 1-nils. We were free scoring and defensively solid.

Based on all that, I am very confident of a winning season (more wins than losses) and confident of us challenging for top 6. I hope that we will make top 6, and see it as realistically possible, even if I wouldn't go so far as to say probable.

I am very optimistic for this season.

And coming from you Arnie, that’s saying something 🙂.

I can’t quite bring myself to hope for top 6 - I think a lot will depend on how we start the season. Get some good results and confidence Hugh and who knows. A struggling start could see confidence dip. I’ll be very interested in seeing how KM reacts to that.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Innsbruck cup on 13:58 - Jul 29 with 1412 viewsmonty_radio

Innsbruck cup on 17:48 - Jul 28 by StevieH

Presumably this triumph will be reflected in the match day programme under ‘Honours’

Rather than “Innsbruck cup - Participated”

I think that we should mount the horse on skis as a nod towards this further triumph.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024