Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers back in for Trusty 06:30 - Jul 26 with 4799 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Serious competition for Auston Trusty. How much are Town prepared to splash to bring him here?
https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2023/07/rangers-submit-3m-bid-for-arsenals-auston-t

Poll: would you rather

Rangers back in for Trusty on 06:49 - Jul 26 with 4098 viewsSaigonTractor

If Rangers are seriously in for him I can't see us competing, without throwing silly money at his contract.
Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:00 - Jul 26 with 4050 viewsArnieM

Depends if Trusty wants 40 games of decent level football this coming season or 10 in the SPL.

But we can’t afford to hang around waiting for him. We need a decent CB (potentially 2).

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:06 - Jul 26 with 4029 viewsNthQldITFC

Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:00 - Jul 26 by ArnieM

Depends if Trusty wants 40 games of decent level football this coming season or 10 in the SPL.

But we can’t afford to hang around waiting for him. We need a decent CB (potentially 2).

Most definitely the place for career development for a 24 year old frustrated footballer with high potential is Portman Road. Let's hope he and his agent see that.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:27 - Jul 26 with 3925 viewsPaphosBlue

Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:06 - Jul 26 by NthQldITFC

Most definitely the place for career development for a 24 year old frustrated footballer with high potential is Portman Road. Let's hope he and his agent see that.

Serious question here. What happens if we offer £2M and Rangers offer £4M but he wants to stay in English football and Join our "project"

Do we have to match highest bid or does he have to go where he is sold? Why should his club lose money because of his preference
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 9:27]

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:40 - Jul 26 with 3819 viewsWickets

Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:27 - Jul 26 by PaphosBlue

Serious question here. What happens if we offer £2M and Rangers offer £4M but he wants to stay in English football and Join our "project"

Do we have to match highest bid or does he have to go where he is sold? Why should his club lose money because of his preference

Interesting point , I suspect money talks as probably the bigger fee probably brings a bigger wage ?
Rangers back in for Trusty on 08:07 - Jul 26 with 3651 viewsCaptainAhab

Presumably Arsenal would accept the £4m bid but turn down the £2m one, so it's a moot point what the player wants
Rangers back in for Trusty on 08:10 - Jul 26 with 3626 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Rangers back in for Trusty on 08:07 - Jul 26 by CaptainAhab

Presumably Arsenal would accept the £4m bid but turn down the £2m one, so it's a moot point what the player wants

I think we would have to offer enough add-ons, so e.g. £2-3M up front and add-ons of a similar amount based on promotion and appearances.

p.s. Ashton is quite good at this.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 8:12]

Poll: would you rather

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:14 - Jul 26 with 3319 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rangers back in for Trusty on 07:00 - Jul 26 by ArnieM

This comes up every time a player goes to the old firm.

Playing for Rangers or Celtic means having a chance of winning silverware, playing in Europe and playing in front 50,000+ fans every couple of weeks and playing for a tm with a fantastic history.

It's a no brainer tbh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:21 - Jul 26 with 3263 viewsArnieM

Rangers back in for Trusty on 08:07 - Jul 26 by CaptainAhab

But can the player decline a move to the higher bidding club if he died t want to go there?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:24 - Jul 26 with 3239 viewsLankHenners

Even if we offered an identical bid both in terms of fee and wages I don't think there's a world where he doesn't choose Rangers.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 3187 viewsMookamoo

Arsenal will have the option of accepting whatever bid they feel is appropriate. He is under contract with them. so he won't have the choice. Not that will make a difference anyway.

He will go to whoever wants to pay him the most in wages. If that is Rangers, which it will be, then he'll go to Rangers.

No professional will come here for less money because of the 'project' if they have a higher offer from elsewhere.
Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:31 - Jul 26 with 3160 viewsPaphosBlue

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:24 - Jul 26 by LankHenners

Even if we offered an identical bid both in terms of fee and wages I don't think there's a world where he doesn't choose Rangers.

Well if that is the case then we can forget Trusty but I thought he had made it clear he did not want to go north of the border

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:50 - Jul 26 with 3011 viewsGeoffSentence

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:21 - Jul 26 by ArnieM

But can the player decline a move to the higher bidding club if he died t want to go there?

Of course they can, players can turn down any offer they want.

Herman Hreidarrson and Matt Holland both turned down big transfer fee moves when we were on our financial rump after relegation from the premier league. If we had sold them for the money we were offered we would not have gone into admin, but the deals werent right for the players so they said no.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:53 - Jul 26 with 2977 viewsipswichtillidie

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:29 - Jul 26 by Mookamoo

Arsenal will have the option of accepting whatever bid they feel is appropriate. He is under contract with them. so he won't have the choice. Not that will make a difference anyway.

He will go to whoever wants to pay him the most in wages. If that is Rangers, which it will be, then he'll go to Rangers.

No professional will come here for less money because of the 'project' if they have a higher offer from elsewhere.

Undoubtedly there will be more than just Rangers interested too. We have for once more of a geographical advantage perhaps if he has settled north of London. I also wouldn’t underestimate our financial clout. He may end up at another Premiership club but would be a real coup this one or feels. Would be the signing of the summer for me. We have splashed out before big money on defenders (Leif).
Very quiet on the rumour/transfer news though so maybe “something” is close

Gav

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:00 - Jul 26 with 2907 viewsbournemouthblue

Rangers back in for Trusty on 08:10 - Jul 26 by LegendofthePhoenix

I think we would have to offer enough add-ons, so e.g. £2-3M up front and add-ons of a similar amount based on promotion and appearances.

p.s. Ashton is quite good at this.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 8:12]

Are we looking to buy him outright?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:03 - Jul 26 with 2878 viewsipswichtillidie

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:00 - Jul 26 by bournemouthblue

Are we looking to buy him outright?

Unless Phil has an update all we know is he was on “the list” and someone we liked. Not sure if anyone knows more than that. I guess he stands out so much that fans are naturally getting a little over excited about the possibility.

Arsenal Defender Trusty On Town's List 12th Jul 2023 11:10
TWTD understands Arsenal’s US international Auston Trusty is among the central defenders on Town’s list of potential recruits this summer. 30

[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:09]

Gav

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:10 - Jul 26 with 2802 viewsMullet

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:24 - Jul 26 by LankHenners

Depends. Are you more likely to get a Prem move by doing well in the Championship or being humped by some Eastern European minnow and dominating in an inferior league?

From a player's perspective it'll depend on if he sees himself as good enough for the top level, or limited to where he is at now and just wants to baubles that go along with being at the Old Firm these days.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:19 - Jul 26 with 2741 viewsMookamoo

Rangers back in for Trusty on 09:53 - Jul 26 by ipswichtillidie

Undoubtedly there will be more than just Rangers interested too. We have for once more of a geographical advantage perhaps if he has settled north of London. I also wouldn’t underestimate our financial clout. He may end up at another Premiership club but would be a real coup this one or feels. Would be the signing of the summer for me. We have splashed out before big money on defenders (Leif).
Very quiet on the rumour/transfer news though so maybe “something” is close

Not surprising it is quiet for now. Trusty for example was part of the Arsenal per-season tour. His hope must be that he is able to make an impression, someone ahead of him has an ACL injury that would give him the opportunity. He must know the chances of him making it back to a PL top 4 side if he goes are slim, so will hold out until he knows for certain his time is up. Arsenal will be having those conversations once the tour is over and they're able to get his and the clubs representatives together to discuss whats next.

His agents will be touting him about and getting his name linked with numerous clubs. If he is available, a lot more clubs will now be mentioned.
Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:25 - Jul 26 with 2685 viewsKieran_Knows

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:19 - Jul 26 by Mookamoo

Not surprising it is quiet for now. Trusty for example was part of the Arsenal per-season tour. His hope must be that he is able to make an impression, someone ahead of him has an ACL injury that would give him the opportunity. He must know the chances of him making it back to a PL top 4 side if he goes are slim, so will hold out until he knows for certain his time is up. Arsenal will be having those conversations once the tour is over and they're able to get his and the clubs representatives together to discuss whats next.

His agents will be touting him about and getting his name linked with numerous clubs. If he is available, a lot more clubs will now be mentioned.

He went on Arsenals pre-season tour of America because he's American. If Matt Turner their second choice keeper (1st choice for the National team) wasn't still on his holidays, he'd have been the US representative as such.

He's nowhere near part of Arsenal's first team plans. He'll be sold within 2 weeks of them coming back from the US after their game tonight, I'd be pretty amazed if he hasn't.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:28 - Jul 26 with 2663 viewsRRB

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:25 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

He went on Arsenals pre-season tour of America because he's American. If Matt Turner their second choice keeper (1st choice for the National team) wasn't still on his holidays, he'd have been the US representative as such.

He's nowhere near part of Arsenal's first team plans. He'll be sold within 2 weeks of them coming back from the US after their game tonight, I'd be pretty amazed if he hasn't.

But they also have Balogun who is now USA's new "franchise player". So surely there was no need to take Trusty out there?
Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:29 - Jul 26 with 2651 viewsKieran_Knows

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:28 - Jul 26 by RRB

But they also have Balogun who is now USA's new "franchise player". So surely there was no need to take Trusty out there?

To be fair, I forgot about Balogun. But still, it's great for PR isn't it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:40 - Jul 26 with 2577 viewsipswichtillidie

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:28 - Jul 26 by RRB

He is an international player though so would be odd if they didn’t take him. They would also want the cover for games. Noticed he was an un used sub for them the other day.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:40]

Gav

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:43 - Jul 26 with 2543 viewsLankHenners

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:10 - Jul 26 by Mullet

Depends. Are you more likely to get a Prem move by doing well in the Championship or being humped by some Eastern European minnow and dominating in an inferior league?

From a player's perspective it'll depend on if he sees himself as good enough for the top level, or limited to where he is at now and just wants to baubles that go along with being at the Old Firm these days.

I think how we view the Scottish league is very different to how players view it.

He'll be paid more money and will get to play in a European competition with all the excitement that brings. Perform well in that environment and who knows. Sure the likes of Joe Aribo and Calvin Bassey aren't complaining they went to Rangers when they could have gone to clubs in a less sneered at league.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:50 - Jul 26 with 2480 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Still not convinced that we are in for £4m players until we start selling some for big profits at a later date because of FFP
Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:57 - Jul 26 with 2430 viewsWeirdFishes

Rangers back in for Trusty on 10:10 - Jul 26 by Mullet

It’s not stopped a number of players getting PL moves, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Davis, Hooper, Tierney, Edouard to name a few.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024