Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Relegations this year.... 16:44 - Jul 13 with 4082 viewsFunge

... obviously not applicable in any way, shape or form to the mighty ITFC, as we will win every game against the other 23 minnows, all of whom will be grateful to share time on the pitch with our god-like maestros.

We will be Champions by Valentines Day.

Anyway.

I'm saying Wendies, QPR and West Brom to go down.

Chansiri is an actual lunatic; QPR are a horrid mess, and the Baggies' owner doesnt care, at all, about them - pretty gloomy.

Can see Cardiff and Rotherham having an unpleasant time too.

Warnock will sort Hudders out, again, and our needy friends from Devon will be absolutely fine, I think, as long as they hold onto Schumacher....
Championship Relegations this year.... on 16:47 - Jul 13 with 3540 viewsJakeITFC

A Cardiff fan I know who I bumped into at the start of June said they were a very good bet to go down, sounded a lot like us under Evans plus now with a transfer embargo over the Sala affair.
Championship Relegations this year.... on 16:47 - Jul 13 with 3528 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

West Brom will have the quality to stay up comfortably, they have a really strong squad still. Still got John Swift, Jed Wallace, Yokuslu, Ajayi, Townsend etc and and a talented manager in Corberan.

I think Rotherham will shock a few and be a comfortable mid table team, I like what Matt Taylor did with them last year.

IMO

QPR
Cardiff
Wednesday
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 16:48]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Championship Relegations this year.... on 16:48 - Jul 13 with 3512 viewsBiGDonnie

Cardiff, QPR and Rotherham is my guess.

Wednesday will just about survive picking up just enough points from the home games.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Championship Relegations this year.... on 16:54 - Jul 13 with 3467 viewsitfcsuth

I will go in no particular order.

Plymouth
Rotherham
QPR
I reckon QPR might.... on 17:00 - Jul 13 with 3423 viewsBloots

....take up all 3 of the relegation places.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:06 - Jul 13 with 3396 viewsSharkey

QPR, Stoke, Rotherham
I reckon QPR might.... on 17:09 - Jul 13 with 3381 viewsBiGDonnie

I reckon QPR might.... on 17:00 - Jul 13 by Bloots

....take up all 3 of the relegation places.

Bit of a sh*tshow at the moment. Although Asmir Begovic would be a good signing for them after losing Dieng.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

He's 36 now.... on 17:14 - Jul 13 with 3357 viewsBloots

I reckon QPR might.... on 17:09 - Jul 13 by BiGDonnie

Bit of a sh*tshow at the moment. Although Asmir Begovic would be a good signing for them after losing Dieng.

....bound to put his back out at some stage.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:17 - Jul 13 with 3334 viewsLankHenners

Think you've got it nailed down there. Fear QPR are in for a horror season, could well still lose the likes of Chair and Willock and they'd struggle to replace them. Wednesday will do the worst of the 3 promoted clubs by quite a distance I reckon - in many ways reminiscent of Warne's yo-yo Rotherham side and as you say their owner doesn't seem like he's going to give his manager much help in doing any better.

Cardiff and Rotherham will be in for miserable seasons, will always be one team that for reasons no-one can satisfactorily explain will just be crap, maybe Swansea if Duff can't get them up to speed quickly and restlessness sets in. Don't think they'll be in much danger of going down though.

As annoying as their constant whining about no-one giving them a chance or paying them any attention (I saw they've had yet another write-up about them in The Athletic this week), I do think Plymouth's 'us against the world' mentality will see them upset the apple cart a bit, though the better finishers and tougher defences in the Champ will cut out much of their jammy 1-0s from last season. A respectable mid-table for them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:20 - Jul 13 with 3302 viewsthe_toff

West Brom are decent, they'll be well safe.

QPR could struggle, Wednesday too. Rotherham will be there or thereabouts. Plymouth too, a lot of change there and not sure they have deep enough pockets to kick on. Cardiff are also really poo, I think those 5 will finish in the bottom 8.
Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:30 - Jul 13 with 3252 viewsFunge

Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:20 - Jul 13 by the_toff

West Brom are decent, they'll be well safe.

QPR could struggle, Wednesday too. Rotherham will be there or thereabouts. Plymouth too, a lot of change there and not sure they have deep enough pockets to kick on. Cardiff are also really poo, I think those 5 will finish in the bottom 8.

West Brom squad is decent, I agree- but the back office is a horror - this is fully stolen from LoftForWords, but provides an excellent overview of how deep the cesspit round West Brom is....

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/news/59989/financial-peril-looms-if-baggi

TL:DR - they're fully fooked, as a result of not going up last year, and their owner is a wrong 'un.

I see points deductions coming their way...
Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:42 - Jul 13 with 3181 viewsHerbivore

Norwich
QPR
Wednesday

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:48 - Jul 13 with 3154 viewschicoazul

God but I hope Leicester do the double bubble.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:59 - Jul 13 with 3112 viewsMullet

Think all three promoted teams might survive by virtue of the basket cases already here and the usual "unexpected" relegated team.

Huddersfield for example might be moving in the right direction again, but I'd say they are fairly frail still.

Would love it if the mum munchers got relegated, but I think they're still too rich unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Championship Relegations this year.... on 23:52 - Jul 13 with 2824 viewsBigCommon

QPR, Plymouth, Wednesday.
Championship Relegations this year.... on 00:33 - Jul 14 with 2773 viewsSwansea_Blue

Championship Relegations this year.... on 16:47 - Jul 13 by JakeITFC

A Cardiff fan I know who I bumped into at the start of June said they were a very good bet to go down, sounded a lot like us under Evans plus now with a transfer embargo over the Sala affair.

They’re ****ed. Tan lost interest ages ago, their manager is pants and their team even worse. And as you say they’re, rightly, now having to face the consequences of their poor handling of the Sala affair.

I often think fans are a poor judge of these things because they can be overly pessimistic about their own side, but in this case the one you know is probably spot on. They’re in big trouble. They were only a couple of points off going down last year before Reading’s points deduction.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Championship Relegations this year.... on 01:46 - Jul 14 with 2740 viewsVegtablue

Championship Relegations this year.... on 00:33 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

They’re ****ed. Tan lost interest ages ago, their manager is pants and their team even worse. And as you say they’re, rightly, now having to face the consequences of their poor handling of the Sala affair.

I often think fans are a poor judge of these things because they can be overly pessimistic about their own side, but in this case the one you know is probably spot on. They’re in big trouble. They were only a couple of points off going down last year before Reading’s points deduction.

I thought Cardiff for sure and so am surprised this isn't reflected in their message board. Perhaps Ramsey returning has made them delusional. https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=234371&sid=b9eb98
Championship Relegations this year.... on 01:54 - Jul 14 with 2704 viewsFrankMarshall

Expectations are high this year across most Championship sides. Feel though that regardless of their ambition- it'll be Wednesday for a start. QPR just escaped last year but feel they'll go down this. Plymouth will also struggle to replicate their League 1 form.

Frank Marshall

Championship Relegations this year.... on 10:57 - Jul 14 with 2293 viewsBlueDouglas

Wednesday either get relegated by March or scrape promotion through the playoffs the whole club is nuts.
Championship Relegations this year.... on 11:18 - Jul 14 with 2239 viewsSuperblue95

Championship Relegations this year.... on 16:47 - Jul 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

West Brom will have the quality to stay up comfortably, they have a really strong squad still. Still got John Swift, Jed Wallace, Yokuslu, Ajayi, Townsend etc and and a talented manager in Corberan.

I think Rotherham will shock a few and be a comfortable mid table team, I like what Matt Taylor did with them last year.

IMO

QPR
Cardiff
Wednesday
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 16:48]

Agree with all of that

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Championship Relegations this year.... on 11:35 - Jul 14 with 2189 viewsArnieM

Championship Relegations this year.... on 17:42 - Jul 13 by Herbivore

Norwich
QPR
Wednesday

100 % this ^^^^

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

He's 36 now.... on 11:39 - Jul 14 with 2162 viewstextbackup

He's 36 now.... on 17:14 - Jul 13 by Bloots

....bound to put his back out at some stage.

Mine goes just watching keepers in training

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Championship Relegations this year.... on 14:42 - Jul 14 with 1977 viewslizzibee

I'm going QPR (can't stand Ainsworth!), Wednesday (old players and lack of activity) and Plymouth
Championship Relegations this year.... on 14:57 - Jul 14 with 1924 viewsKeno

Championship Relegations this year.... on 14:42 - Jul 14 by lizzibee

I'm going QPR (can't stand Ainsworth!), Wednesday (old players and lack of activity) and Plymouth

call yourselves Ipswich fans!!!

There three to go down are obvious Norwich and two others

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Championship Relegations this year.... on 15:02 - Jul 14 with 1908 viewsBlueNomad

Championship Relegations this year.... on 14:42 - Jul 14 by lizzibee

The Wendies will sell Bary "Barry Bannon" Bannon for £200m and spend it wisely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024