Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whose place is under threat then? 19:24 - Jun 26 with 3575 viewsSchmoke

Morsy or Luongo?

Or is it not that simple?
Whose place is under threat then? on 19:27 - Jun 26 with 3533 viewsHipsterectomy

both

he's that good, meaning we play another forward

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Whose place is under threat then? on 19:28 - Jun 26 with 3499 viewsBloomBlue

Every player's place should be under threat. If a player's form drops, they get dropped.
Whose place is under threat then? on 19:33 - Jun 26 with 3447 viewsxrayspecs

You can play two from three and freshen up the central midfield if needed.

Can see Ball and Evans as back up, with Camara and Humphreys out on loan, and Harper and El Miz sold.
Whose place is under threat then? on 19:34 - Jun 26 with 3434 viewsibbleobble

Neither. They’re both better than Taylor at the moment. McKenna and Co obviously feel they can make Taylor better to provide competition for Luongo but Luongo will start barring a bad pre-season or injury.
Whose place is under threat then? on 19:34 - Jun 26 with 3418 viewsBigCommon

Tough fixtures come thick and fast. They'll be rotation. I hope we sign Knight, too.
Whose place is under threat then? on 20:55 - Jun 26 with 3146 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think it will differ depending on requirements.

Morsy is that defensive rock needed. But won't get the game flowing fast imo.

So depends if we're aiming to get forward early or control and patiently go forward.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Whose place is under threat then? on 20:57 - Jun 26 with 3136 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Whose place is under threat then? on 19:33 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

You can play two from three and freshen up the central midfield if needed.

Can see Ball and Evans as back up, with Camara and Humphreys out on loan, and Harper and El Miz sold.

Personally I think he’ll keep Camara and offload Evans. Camara was one of his signings and Evans is made of glass unfortunately

Poll: Our final position

Whose place is under threat then? on 21:18 - Jun 26 with 3029 viewsstrikalite

Whose place is under threat then? on 19:34 - Jun 26 by BigCommon

Tough fixtures come thick and fast. They'll be rotation. I hope we sign Knight, too.

Yep, it's so easy to lose a couple through injuries from absolutely nowhere too
Login to get fewer ads

Whose place is under threat then? on 21:23 - Jun 26 with 2994 viewsibbleobble

Whose place is under threat then? on 20:57 - Jun 26 by southnorfolkblue

Personally I think he’ll keep Camara and offload Evans. Camara was one of his signings and Evans is made of glass unfortunately

If Evans is made of glass with his 50+ appearances in 2-seasons, Camara must be made of pixie dust given his solitary league appearance since signing.
Whose place is under threat then? on 21:38 - Jun 26 with 2914 viewsStewart27

Whose place is under threat then? on 20:57 - Jun 26 by southnorfolkblue

Camara has literally been injured the entire time he’s been with us.
Whose place is under threat then? on 21:42 - Jun 26 with 2877 viewsthe_toff

Whose place is under threat then? on 19:34 - Jun 26 by ibbleobble

Neither. They’re both better than Taylor at the moment. McKenna and Co obviously feel they can make Taylor better to provide competition for Luongo but Luongo will start barring a bad pre-season or injury.

We’ve not spent £1.5m on someone to not start. He’ll be straight in.
Whose place is under threat then? on 21:51 - Jun 26 with 2816 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s down to Taylor. Could be either one of them, both of them or neither of them. Depends how well he beds in and develops under KM and team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whose place is under threat then? on 21:53 - Jun 26 with 2795 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Whose place is under threat then? on 20:55 - Jun 26 by FrimleyBlue

I think it will differ depending on requirements.

Morsy is that defensive rock needed. But won't get the game flowing fast imo.

So depends if we're aiming to get forward early or control and patiently go forward.

depends which role Morsy is playing. if he is the holding cm, yeah he can slow the pace of the game, if that's what is needed. But he has shown he is quite capable of driving forwards - in fact he is the best we have to drive straight through the opposition midfield, as he has the best close ball control.

Poll: would you rather

Whose place is under threat then? on 21:57 - Jun 26 with 2767 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Whose place is under threat then? on 21:38 - Jun 26 by Stewart27

Camara has literally been injured the entire time he’s been with us.

Evans injury record is far worse. He hasn’t played more than 50% of the time in the last 5 seasons.

KM didn’t sign Camara to bin him off without giving him a chance. I accept the position may change if he doesn’t hit the ground running in pre season.

Poll: Our final position

Whose place is under threat then? on 22:01 - Jun 26 with 2726 viewsBarcaBlue

Whose place is under threat then? on 21:42 - Jun 26 by the_toff

We’ve not spent £1.5m on someone to not start. He’ll be straight in.

That is nonsense, he won't be "straight in" based on a transfer fee. First day of pre-season and he's already guaranteed a start at Sunderland.
Whose place is under threat then? on 22:55 - Jun 26 with 2498 viewsPinewoodblue

It isn't just about the starting eleven but any new signings will inevitably lead to someone already on the books being surplus to requirements either sold on/let go or sent out on loan..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Whose place is under threat then? on 23:22 - Jun 26 with 2408 viewsrickw

At times he played as a no. 10 last season, so he could be an option there to see out games or perhaps sometimes we'll want to switch to a 433 and we'll see Chaplin move wide or forward

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Whose place is under threat then? on 23:39 - Jun 26 with 2346 viewsbournemouthblue

Whose place is under threat then? on 23:22 - Jun 26 by rickw

At times he played as a no. 10 last season, so he could be an option there to see out games or perhaps sometimes we'll want to switch to a 433 and we'll see Chaplin move wide or forward

I think Ferguson moved him into that number 10 role, where he then had more influence?

He'll offer extra legs to compete with Luongo and Morsy but could play next to either Chappers or Broadhead too

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Whose place is under threat then? on 03:11 - Jun 27 with 2208 viewswkj

As good as Luongo is, he does have a catalogue of injuries and I don't imagine he would go an entire season without picking one up if he was a regular starter. I wouldn't be shocked if Morsy and Taylor are the regular starters with Luongo becoming more of an impact sub.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 3:12]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Whose place is under threat then? on 05:25 - Jun 27 with 2153 viewskiwiblue

Whose place is under threat then? on 03:11 - Jun 27 by wkj

As good as Luongo is, he does have a catalogue of injuries and I don't imagine he would go an entire season without picking one up if he was a regular starter. I wouldn't be shocked if Morsy and Taylor are the regular starters with Luongo becoming more of an impact sub.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 3:12]

Squad game with a roll around and feel Taylor Humphries and Camara all can play a role as a number 10 to give us more flexibility in matches as we were sometimes restricted with no plan b.
Now we can build that flexibilty with the group.
Whose place is under threat then? on 06:19 - Jun 27 with 2063 viewsWickets

That's old fashioned thinking its a squad game these days .
Whose place is under threat then? on 06:30 - Jun 27 with 2020 viewsTractorgirlforever

Morsy is the one player who is definitely not under threat of losing his place, our captain and most influential player by far.
Whose place is under threat then? on 07:51 - Jun 27 with 1894 viewsHerbivore

Whose place is under threat then? on 21:23 - Jun 26 by ibbleobble

If Evans is made of glass with his 50+ appearances in 2-seasons, Camara must be made of pixie dust given his solitary league appearance since signing.

Although Camara has also played a similar number of games over the last 2 seasons despite being injured for almost all of last season. That speaks a lot for Evans' own injury issues.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024