Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shock news: Humanity is still trying to suffocate itself. 07:55 - Jun 27 with 372 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-66013854

'According to the new data, gathered by the University of Maryland, the tropics lost 10% more primary rainforest in 2022 than in 2021, with just over 4m hectares (nearly 16,000 sq miles) felled or burned in total.

This released an amount of carbon dioxide equivalent to the annual fossil fuel emissions of India...

...Commodity agriculture is the main driver, according to researchers. Soybean expansion has resulted in nearly a million hectares of deforestation in Bolivia since the turn of the century.
'

Boycott soy.

(no, I'm not trying to say he's an obnoxious Yorkshire cricketer!)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Shock news: Humanity is still trying to suffocate itself. on 07:59 - Jun 27 with 340 viewsGeoffSentence

Probably we would be better off boycotting beef and eating soy. Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought that most soya bean production went for animal feed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shock news: Humanity is still trying to suffocate itself. on 08:01 - Jun 27 with 329 viewsNthQldITFC

Shock news: Humanity is still trying to suffocate itself. on 07:59 - Jun 27 by GeoffSentence

Probably we would be better off boycotting beef and eating soy. Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought that most soya bean production went for animal feed.

Good point. Or eat Geoff Boycott?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024