Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austria Friendly 12:41 - Jun 26 with 4017 viewsLeistonBlue

Does anyone else find it a bit strange that nothing has been confirmed or even mentioned by the club? I’ve booked flights and accommodation but starting to get a bit worried..
Austria Friendly on 12:44 - Jun 26 with 3644 viewsTractorCam

Yep whoever is organising all this is taking the p*ss. I was keen originally but got bored of waiting and booked a weekend in Benidorm instead.

My initial thought was behind closed doors and given the lack of movement I expect this to be the case.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Yes, agreed..... on 12:49 - Jun 26 with 3600 viewsBloots

....I'm planning on going, but the lack of communication from the club is putting things on hold and I'll probably end up giving it a miss now.

It's also taking them an age to release details of the new (or not) membership schemes for next season.

....and they've also got to make an announcement about "TownTV" and the website at some stage.

It all seems a bit slow to me.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Austria Friendly on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 3557 viewsFreddies_Ears

If it were happening, I would have expected it would have been announced by now. I really want to go, but flight prices are getting silly. Might have to just bite the bullet and go spend a weekend in Vienna... Beer, Schnitzel & Sachertorte would go some way towards making up for the disappointment of not having a match to go to...
Yes, agreed..... on 12:58 - Jun 26 with 3518 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Yes, agreed..... on 12:49 - Jun 26 by Bloots

....I'm planning on going, but the lack of communication from the club is putting things on hold and I'll probably end up giving it a miss now.

It's also taking them an age to release details of the new (or not) membership schemes for next season.

....and they've also got to make an announcement about "TownTV" and the website at some stage.

It all seems a bit slow to me.

I know people will say be patient, the staff deserved a holiday after last season. But comms over the summer have been almost non existent. Nothing on:

- pitch/stadium/training ground work
- TownTV
- new website
- memberships
- season ticket availability
Yes, agreed..... on 13:06 - Jun 26 with 3437 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes, agreed..... on 12:58 - Jun 26 by LA_Tractor_Boy

I know people will say be patient, the staff deserved a holiday after last season. But comms over the summer have been almost non existent. Nothing on:

- TownTV
- new website
- memberships

I am surprised there’s been absolutely nothing mentioned about Town TV. Platform, subscription options, cost, presenters, format etc. thought the club would have at least teased out a “coming soon” trailer or something.

And I get that launching a streaming service and new website is a big job and takes a lot of work but this has been in the works for over a year now, I think.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Austria Friendly on 13:15 - Jun 26 with 3394 viewsPhilTWTD

Worth pointing out that Admira Wacker have confirmed their game and the Slovakian side theirs. I don't believe there's any question of them going ahead.
Austria Friendly on 13:50 - Jun 26 with 3236 viewsFreddies_Ears

Austria Friendly on 13:15 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

Worth pointing out that Admira Wacker have confirmed their game and the Slovakian side theirs. I don't believe there's any question of them going ahead.

Cheers. Any idea, Phil, why ITFC haven't announced them? Also, any idea where we might be playing on 29th July?
Yes, agreed..... on 13:52 - Jun 26 with 3223 viewsJakeITFC

Yes, agreed..... on 13:06 - Jun 26 by Illinoisblue

I am surprised there’s been absolutely nothing mentioned about Town TV. Platform, subscription options, cost, presenters, format etc. thought the club would have at least teased out a “coming soon” trailer or something.

And I get that launching a streaming service and new website is a big job and takes a lot of work but this has been in the works for over a year now, I think.

I have heard some things about TownTV and it does sound like a big investment and will be levels above our current offering, however I'm not sure how compatible it is with the Sky deal (in the UK anyway, probably great for overseas fans).
Login to get fewer ads

Yes, agreed..... on 13:58 - Jun 26 with 3178 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, agreed..... on 13:52 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

I have heard some things about TownTV and it does sound like a big investment and will be levels above our current offering, however I'm not sure how compatible it is with the Sky deal (in the UK anyway, probably great for overseas fans).

Have you also heard that we paying serious money to bring Keys and Gray back from Qatar to front it?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Austria Friendly on 14:00 - Jun 26 with 3175 viewsPhilTWTD

Austria Friendly on 13:50 - Jun 26 by Freddies_Ears

Cheers. Any idea, Phil, why ITFC haven't announced them? Also, any idea where we might be playing on 29th July?

Not really, as far as I'm aware it was all sorted weeks ago on the Austria front. I'd guess they want to release that when they confirm the final friendly on or around the 29th. I know one game fell through for reasons beyond Town's control but that was a while back and I know another fixture was being talked about, which was quite interesting from a couple of aspects.
You don't honestly think.... on 14:06 - Jun 26 with 3133 viewsBloots

Yes, agreed..... on 13:58 - Jun 26 by itfcjoe

Have you also heard that we paying serious money to bring Keys and Gray back from Qatar to front it?

....that Martin Tyler leaving Sky was a coincidence do you???!!

Nailed on, innit.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Yes, agreed..... on 14:14 - Jun 26 with 3089 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes, agreed..... on 13:52 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

“Probably great for overseas fans” is the content I’m here for 😄

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yes, agreed..... on 14:19 - Jun 26 with 3045 viewsportmanroadblue

Yes, agreed..... on 12:58 - Jun 26 by LA_Tractor_Boy

- TownTV
- new website
- memberships

You forgot Kit release
Austria Friendly on 14:58 - Jun 26 with 2944 viewssoupytwist

Austria Friendly on 12:53 - Jun 26 by Freddies_Ears

If it were happening, I would have expected it would have been announced by now. I really want to go, but flight prices are getting silly. Might have to just bite the bullet and go spend a weekend in Vienna... Beer, Schnitzel & Sachertorte would go some way towards making up for the disappointment of not having a match to go to...

You may have already looked into this but a flight to Bratislava and a relatively short train journey or boat trip down the Danube to Vienna could be a cheaper way of doing it.
Austria Friendly on 15:00 - Jun 26 with 2930 viewsblueasfook

Austria Friendly on 14:00 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

Not really, as far as I'm aware it was all sorted weeks ago on the Austria front. I'd guess they want to release that when they confirm the final friendly on or around the 29th. I know one game fell through for reasons beyond Town's control but that was a while back and I know another fixture was being talked about, which was quite interesting from a couple of aspects.

Lazio friendly?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Austria Friendly on 15:04 - Jun 26 with 2918 viewsPhilTWTD

Austria Friendly on 15:00 - Jun 26 by blueasfook

Lazio friendly?

Not that interesting.
Austria Friendly on 15:22 - Jun 26 with 2828 viewsFreddies_Ears

Austria Friendly on 14:58 - Jun 26 by soupytwist

You may have already looked into this but a flight to Bratislava and a relatively short train journey or boat trip down the Danube to Vienna could be a cheaper way of doing it.

Sounds great - Bratislava is far cheaper than Vienna for beers, too!
Austria Friendly on 15:27 - Jun 26 with 2812 viewsellerblue

Spoke to admira ticket office they are selling tickets for the game 10 euro adults 5 euro kids

Heinsberg Blue

Yes, agreed..... on 15:29 - Jun 26 with 2785 viewsChocorange

Yes, agreed..... on 13:06 - Jun 26 by Illinoisblue

Am beginning to think , we are leaving kit launch ( and therefore sales) , town tv ( and subscriptions) and signings until July 1st so they all fall into the new football FFP accounts year.

Whether that’s true I don’t know , but seemed a possibility that we don’t want to affect the final accounts for league 1 any further after the signings made in Jan.
Austria Friendly on 17:42 - Jul 2 with 2232 viewsLeistonBlue

Starting to get really quite puzzled that we haven’t hear anything about this.. less than 2 weeks away now..
Austria Friendly on 17:51 - Jul 2 with 2204 viewsSheffordBlue

Austria Friendly on 17:42 - Jul 2 by LeistonBlue

Starting to get really quite puzzled that we haven’t hear anything about this.. less than 2 weeks away now..

I think Walton, in his post-match yesterday, was the first person from the club to directly reference it - even though it's widely accepted they're going there.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Austria Friendly on 19:30 - Jul 2 with 2052 viewsPioneerBlue

To me it’s fairly obvious it’s a training camp and the club isn’t overly promoting because it’s a distraction from the main purpose and to most people it is a cost most could do without in the middle of summer for such low key games.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Austria Friendly on 20:11 - Jul 2 with 1976 viewsPhilTWTD

Austria Friendly on 17:51 - Jul 2 by SheffordBlue

I think Walton, in his post-match yesterday, was the first person from the club to directly reference it - even though it's widely accepted they're going there.

Kieran mentioned it yesterday as well.

McKenna: Felixstowe Friendly Ticked All the Boxes 1st Jul 2023 16:16
Town boss Kieran McKenna felt the Blues’ 6-0 pre-season victory at Felixstowe & Walton ticked all the required boxes. 1

You don't honestly think.... on 20:26 - Jul 2 with 1914 viewsRonFearonsHair

You don't honestly think.... on 14:06 - Jun 26 by Bloots

....that Martin Tyler leaving Sky was a coincidence do you???!!

Nailed on, innit.

Certainly hope it’s not Jake Humphrey!
Austria Friendly on 11:59 - Jul 4 with 1547 viewsPhilTWTD

Austria Friendly on 14:00 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

The Luton game at Colchester was the interesting one I was referring to, if anyone's interested.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024