Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list out 12:16 - May 23 with 5518 viewsFrimleyBlue

Quite surpised by the Aluko offer must say. Altho I love him so I'm happy.

Really gutted to see Keogh leave. Not the player. But the offpitch experience seemed invaluable.

Kvy. Shame but he's never been able to get back to what he was when he first came into the side.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 12:19]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Retained list out on 12:19 - May 23 with 4029 viewsburnbudgiesburn

A contract offer for Aluko is not something I saw coming.
Retained list out on 12:21 - May 23 with 3964 viewsSitfcB

Retained list out on 12:19 - May 23 by burnbudgiesburn

A contract offer for Aluko is not something I saw coming.

Maybe he will take up the Keogh role?

Wonder if Keogh wants to play another year somewhere (Colchester) before doing the coaching stuff.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Retained list out on 12:30 - May 23 with 3809 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

shame KVY never seemed to recover from his many injury setbacks, definitely a player in there but just wrong time & place for town now with where we're going

Aluko i like, can oddly see him being more useful in the champ than in league 1 with the way he plays. Fewer low-block defences and his dribbling ability/eye for a pass stands a greater chance of unlocking something - like he did in the F.A cup (also goes without saying he's clearly popular among the team & has something to offer in terms of leadership & mentality)
Retained list out on 12:32 - May 23 with 3751 viewsjayessess

Contract offers to Luongo and Aluko probably an indicator that squad plan for next season is more evolution than revolution?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Retained list out on 12:35 - May 23 with 3701 viewsPhilTWTD

Retained list out on 12:21 - May 23 by SitfcB

Maybe he will take up the Keogh role?

Wonder if Keogh wants to play another year somewhere (Colchester) before doing the coaching stuff.

I think that is the plan. Was mentioned to me that he was looking for another club a while back.
Retained list out on 12:37 - May 23 with 3642 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Sticking point for Luongo is length of contract I would imagine. Given his injury record i'm 100% certain we'll offer a year + an option whereas he might want the security of a 2 year deal.
Retained list out on 12:41 - May 23 with 3563 viewsNthQldITFC

Retained list out on 12:30 - May 23 by Macedonian_Gerrard

shame KVY never seemed to recover from his many injury setbacks, definitely a player in there but just wrong time & place for town now with where we're going

Aluko i like, can oddly see him being more useful in the champ than in league 1 with the way he plays. Fewer low-block defences and his dribbling ability/eye for a pass stands a greater chance of unlocking something - like he did in the F.A cup (also goes without saying he's clearly popular among the team & has something to offer in terms of leadership & mentality)

I agree with your Aluko comment. Same applies, I think, to the likes of Evans who might not entirely fit in with playing the way we finished the season but there will be games in the Championship where a deeper lying playmaker will be useful.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Retained list out on 12:51 - May 23 with 3438 viewsBlueBadger

Would be hugely unsurprised to see Piggot either getting paid off or used as part of a swap deal this summer, as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Retained list out on 12:52 - May 23 with 3406 viewshoppy

Retained list out on 12:51 - May 23 by BlueBadger

Would be hugely unsurprised to see Piggot either getting paid off or used as part of a swap deal this summer, as well.

See also, Ahadme

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Retained list out on 12:53 - May 23 with 3395 viewshomer_123

Retained list out on 12:52 - May 23 by hoppy

See also, Ahadme

and Harper.

None of those three will be here by the end of the summer.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Retained list out on 12:59 - May 23 with 3312 viewsBlueBadger

Retained list out on 12:32 - May 23 by jayessess

Contract offers to Luongo and Aluko probably an indicator that squad plan for next season is more evolution than revolution?

That was likely the plan all along. The playing squad clearly have a terrific bond, too much tinkering and additions would likely be counter-productive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Retained list out on 13:15 - May 23 with 3181 viewsjayessess

Retained list out on 12:59 - May 23 by BlueBadger

That was likely the plan all along. The playing squad clearly have a terrific bond, too much tinkering and additions would likely be counter-productive.

Yeah, I agree but a lot of chat around here about huge turnover, which I just can't see.

Retained list out on 13:25 - May 23 with 3086 viewsFrimleyBlue

Retained list out on 13:15 - May 23 by jayessess

Yeah, I agree but a lot of chat around here about huge turnover, which I just can't see.

Depends what is seen as big.

Potentially

Keogh
Kvy
Hirst. Returned
John Jules returned
Pigott
Ahadme
Idris
Humprheys maybe loan
Jackson?
Edmundson?
Harness?
Harper?
Evans?
Baggott?
Hladky?

Waka waka eh eh

Retained list out on 13:42 - May 23 with 2984 viewsjayessess

Retained list out on 13:25 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Potentially

Keogh
Kvy
Hirst. Returned
John Jules returned
Pigott
Ahadme
Idris
Humprheys maybe loan
Jackson?
Edmundson?
Harness?
Harper?
Evans?
Baggott?
Hladky?

For me "big turnover" means actively moving on a lot of players who were regularly involved in the squad post-January. Releasing/selling players who've been surplus or away for ages, returning loanees, loaning out young players who've never been in our core squad, that's just ordinary churn really.

Between Keogh, KVY, Pigott, Ahadme, El Mizouni, Harper, Ndaba, Baggott, that'll be less than 1-2% of our playing minutes from last season gone.

Aluko's not made a single matchday squad from Bristol Rovers onwards. Hard to see that we'd keep him, but dump Jackson, Harness, Evans, Edmundson, who feature in almost every squad when fit.

Retained list out on 13:42 - May 23 with 2979 viewsHerbivore

Retained list out on 13:25 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Potentially

Keogh
Kvy
Hirst. Returned
John Jules returned
Pigott
Ahadme
Idris
Humprheys maybe loan
Jackson?
Edmundson?
Harness?
Harper?
Evans?
Baggott?
Hladky?

A lot of question marks there and three players who weren't really in the squad this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Retained list out on 13:50 - May 23 with 2912 viewsFrimleyBlue

Retained list out on 13:42 - May 23 by Herbivore

A lot of question marks there and three players who weren't really in the squad this season.

It's quite difficult to know what to expect tbh.

Jackson has his doubters. KM seems a fan. But is he one for a side pushing for prem football..
Same with Evans and others.

I wouldn't be shocked to see many leave. But its just a waiting game now.

Waka waka eh eh

Retained list out on 13:53 - May 23 with 2893 viewstractorboy1978

Retained list out on 13:42 - May 23 by jayessess

For me "big turnover" means actively moving on a lot of players who were regularly involved in the squad post-January. Releasing/selling players who've been surplus or away for ages, returning loanees, loaning out young players who've never been in our core squad, that's just ordinary churn really.

Between Keogh, KVY, Pigott, Ahadme, El Mizouni, Harper, Ndaba, Baggott, that'll be less than 1-2% of our playing minutes from last season gone.

Aluko's not made a single matchday squad from Bristol Rovers onwards. Hard to see that we'd keep him, but dump Jackson, Harness, Evans, Edmundson, who feature in almost every squad when fit.

It's just hard for me not to see 3/4 attacking players come in. Ashton loves a transfer and if we are going to have a proper go we are going to want real strength in depth in those positions. We are going to want to evolve the squad in an attacking sense. With 5 subs, you are using 8 players across that front 4 most weeks. I'm surprised Aluko has been offered new terms but for me that just makes it more likely a couple of Harness, Jackson, Ladapo and Edwards will move on as players we can get a fee for (albeit not big sums) as a transfer or loan.

Similarly I can't see that we aren't going to sign a CM (on top of Luongo) or a CB so there's going to be a couple that go.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 14:52]
Retained list out on 13:58 - May 23 with 2832 viewsmarvellous

Retained list out on 12:32 - May 23 by jayessess

Correct. We Evolve not.... REvolve?!
Retained list out on 14:04 - May 23 with 2773 viewsmason76

Retained list out on 13:58 - May 23 by marvellous

There are of course degrees of evolution. Jan saw Clarke, Broadhead, Luongo and Hirst come in who were all in the first 11 which is a huge part of our first team and yet it felt more evolution. Can see same again with 3-4 first teamers come in.
Retained list out on 14:28 - May 23 with 2608 viewsjaykay

Retained list out on 13:50 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

It's quite difficult to know what to expect tbh.

Jackson has his doubters. KM seems a fan. But is he one for a side pushing for prem football..
Same with Evans and others.

I wouldn't be shocked to see many leave. But its just a waiting game now.

jackson has his doubters. i dont think the town management take into account some some doubters when they do the retained list. other wise burns would be on that list as i believe there was a doubter on here.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Retained list out on 14:36 - May 23 with 2545 viewsFrimleyBlue

Retained list out on 14:28 - May 23 by jaykay

jackson has his doubters. i dont think the town management take into account some some doubters when they do the retained list. other wise burns would be on that list as i believe there was a doubter on here.

Would you like to point out where it says towns retained list is based on what town fans think of a player.

And you point about Burns. Of course he's part of the side next season. We do however need competition for his role though, we don't have that imo.

Waka waka eh eh

Retained list out on 14:38 - May 23 with 2529 viewsDubtractor

Retained list out on 13:58 - May 23 by marvellous

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Retained list out on 14:44 - May 23 with 2471 viewsBiGDonnie

Retained list out on 14:36 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Would you like to point out where it says towns retained list is based on what town fans think of a player.

And you point about Burns. Of course he's part of the side next season. We do however need competition for his role though, we don't have that imo.

Ain't you got some grass to watch grow?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Retained list out on 14:48 - May 23 with 2443 viewsyorkshireblue

Retained list out on 13:53 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

It's just hard for me not to see 3/4 attacking players come in. Ashton loves a transfer and if we are going to have a proper go we are going to want real strength in depth in those positions. We are going to want to evolve the squad in an attacking sense. With 5 subs, you are using 8 players across that front 4 most weeks. I'm surprised Aluko has been offered new terms but for me that just makes it more likely a couple of Harness, Jackson, Ladapo and Edwards will move on as players we can get a fee for (albeit not big sums) as a transfer or loan.

Similarly I can't see that we aren't going to sign a CM (on top of Luongo) or a CB so there's going to be a couple that go.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 14:52]

Their not transfers.... their player trades....
Retained list out on 14:50 - May 23 with 2428 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Will be interesting to see what happens with Chirewa. I thought he had refused a contract and that West Ham were interested. I thought he was going the same way as Simpson tbh

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024