Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list out 12:16 - May 23 with 5542 viewsFrimleyBlue

Quite surpised by the Aluko offer must say. Altho I love him so I'm happy.

Really gutted to see Keogh leave. Not the player. But the offpitch experience seemed invaluable.

Kvy. Shame but he's never been able to get back to what he was when he first came into the side.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 12:19]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Retained list out on 15:50 - May 23 with 1376 viewsBlueBadger

Retained list out on 13:50 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

It's quite difficult to know what to expect tbh.

Jackson has his doubters. KM seems a fan. But is he one for a side pushing for prem football..
Same with Evans and others.

I wouldn't be shocked to see many leave. But its just a waiting game now.

To be honest, if the club are listening to us fools over the opinion of Mac and his staff then....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Retained list out on 15:53 - May 23 with 1363 viewsjayessess

Retained list out on 13:53 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

It's just hard for me not to see 3/4 attacking players come in. Ashton loves a transfer and if we are going to have a proper go we are going to want real strength in depth in those positions. We are going to want to evolve the squad in an attacking sense. With 5 subs, you are using 8 players across that front 4 most weeks. I'm surprised Aluko has been offered new terms but for me that just makes it more likely a couple of Harness, Jackson, Ladapo and Edwards will move on as players we can get a fee for (albeit not big sums) as a transfer or loan.

Similarly I can't see that we aren't going to sign a CM (on top of Luongo) or a CB so there's going to be a couple that go.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 14:52]

Does Ashton love a transfer especially?

In terms of attacking players, last Summer we lost 3 players (2 loanees returned, 1 contract expired) and replaced them. The only in-contract forward we actively moved on was Pigott (and given that we essentially replaced him with Ahadme that transfer wasn't exactly a brilliant advert for replacing squad players).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Retained list out on 16:31 - May 23 with 1293 viewstractorboy1978

Retained list out on 15:53 - May 23 by jayessess

Does Ashton love a transfer especially?

In terms of attacking players, last Summer we lost 3 players (2 loanees returned, 1 contract expired) and replaced them. The only in-contract forward we actively moved on was Pigott (and given that we essentially replaced him with Ahadme that transfer wasn't exactly a brilliant advert for replacing squad players).

That's a bit of a silly comparison though because we knew all summer we wanted another striker and ended up short. That 'squad' player replacement should have been Ladapo who was undoubtedly an upgrade and a big success. Leigh was signed as a squad player and was an upgrade. Ball was signed as a squad player/to provide proper competition and was an upgrade (albeit we didn't see enough of him due to injury).

I'm pretty sure we will look to evolve the squad this summer, particularly in the attacking positions. I may end up being wrong but I just don't see how we don't end up signing 3/4 players in this area. Maybe not straight away but as the window draws on and the right deals/loans become available, I feel sure we will look to upgrade.
Retained list out on 16:55 - May 23 with 1224 viewsjayessess

Retained list out on 16:31 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

That's a bit of a silly comparison though because we knew all summer we wanted another striker and ended up short. That 'squad' player replacement should have been Ladapo who was undoubtedly an upgrade and a big success. Leigh was signed as a squad player and was an upgrade. Ball was signed as a squad player/to provide proper competition and was an upgrade (albeit we didn't see enough of him due to injury).

I'm pretty sure we will look to evolve the squad this summer, particularly in the attacking positions. I may end up being wrong but I just don't see how we don't end up signing 3/4 players in this area. Maybe not straight away but as the window draws on and the right deals/loans become available, I feel sure we will look to upgrade.

Just don't think it particularly reflects a club desperate to go get new shiny things every Summer.

McKenna came in before a January window, we then went and got 2 loan players to fill obvious gaps left by injuries to Coulson and Evans. We didn't go mad that window getting players to fit whatever we imagined McKenna-ball to be.

In the Summer, we replaced players who were out of contract or whose loans expired but generally resisted moving on in-contract players just to then replace them (Pigott and Penney were the major exceptions to this).

In January we signed 4 players, 3 were firm first team starters, 1 was covering an injury crisis.

It's not impossible that we look to change half our forward line this Summer, but I don't think it would be in character with our recruitment post-Cook.

Retained list out on 16:58 - May 23 with 1208 viewsPhilTWTD

Retained list out on 14:50 - May 23 by southnorfolkblue

Will be interesting to see what happens with Chirewa. I thought he had refused a contract and that West Ham were interested. I thought he was going the same way as Simpson tbh

He will do. Contract has only been offered to ensure we get money for him.
Retained list out on 17:13 - May 23 with 1160 viewstractorboy1978

Retained list out on 16:55 - May 23 by jayessess

Just don't think it particularly reflects a club desperate to go get new shiny things every Summer.

McKenna came in before a January window, we then went and got 2 loan players to fill obvious gaps left by injuries to Coulson and Evans. We didn't go mad that window getting players to fit whatever we imagined McKenna-ball to be.

In the Summer, we replaced players who were out of contract or whose loans expired but generally resisted moving on in-contract players just to then replace them (Pigott and Penney were the major exceptions to this).

In January we signed 4 players, 3 were firm first team starters, 1 was covering an injury crisis.

It's not impossible that we look to change half our forward line this Summer, but I don't think it would be in character with our recruitment post-Cook.

I don't think we will look to replace half our front line, just a couple. If you assume Hirst comes back then you have the below.

AM - Burns, Edwards, Aluko, Chaplin, Broadhead, Harness, Jackson

CF - Ladapo, Hirst

You can probably add one more to that without anyone leaving. But above and beyond that, you are looking at 1 in, 1 out. Aluko is a bit of a curve ball because I suspected he would be released but I'd assume one or two of the above are going to be replaced/upgraded. Rak-Sakyi for Jackson would be an obvious one.
Retained list out on 17:23 - May 23 with 1115 viewsSamWhiteUK

A team like Cambridge are going to be looking for players this summer. Wonder if they'll take a look at KVY? Or Gassan/Harper.
Retained list out on 18:40 - May 23 with 1040 viewsRyorry

Retained list out on 16:58 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

He will do. Contract has only been offered to ensure we get money for him.

Any news on whether we're going for Hirst, Phil? Does it definitely depend on Leicester's status next season?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Retained list out on 18:45 - May 23 with 1018 viewsPhilTWTD

Retained list out on 18:40 - May 23 by Ryorry

Any news on whether we're going for Hirst, Phil? Does it definitely depend on Leicester's status next season?

I assume so. I wouldn't say it depends on which division they're in. I'd imagine they'd probably be willing to sell if they stay up and pretty much anything that's not nailed down would probably be up for sale if they went down.
Retained list out on 20:20 - May 23 with 916 viewssoclopath

Retained list out on 14:50 - May 23 by southnorfolkblue

Will be interesting to see what happens with Chirewa. I thought he had refused a contract and that West Ham were interested. I thought he was going the same way as Simpson tbh

Forgotten about Simpson has he shoe/ pulled up any trees?
Retained list out on 07:15 - May 24 with 808 viewsjayessess

Retained list out on 20:20 - May 23 by soclopath

Forgotten about Simpson has he shoe/ pulled up any trees?

Not really, injured first half of the season, then a handful of sub appearances in the second half. Warnock somewhat damned him with faint praise after one of them. I'd expect him to be spending next season on loan in the Championship.

Retained list out on 07:36 - May 24 with 779 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Retained list out on 16:55 - May 23 by jayessess

Our recruitment post Cook hasn't been moving into a higher level though.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024