Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our joint record we don't want 22:15 - May 17 with 2416 viewscressi

Will the likes of Man City or such get 10 next season against some of the sides going up from the championship ? its going to happen soon I believe
Our joint record we don't want on 22:23 - May 17 with 2336 viewsSitfcB

Convinced 10-0 is never going to happen

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our joint record we don't want on 22:25 - May 17 with 2329 viewsVaughan8

I think mostly now, when it's 5 or 6 nil, the teams seem to just ease off. I'm convinced it won't happen.
Our joint record we don't want on 23:54 - May 17 with 2189 viewsPhilTWTD

Our joint record we don't want on 22:25 - May 17 by Vaughan8

I think mostly now, when it's 5 or 6 nil, the teams seem to just ease off. I'm convinced it won't happen.

The only reason Man U didn't do that against us in 1995 was as their goal difference was significantly inferior to Blackburn's. At some point a similar situation is likely to happen.
Our joint record we don't want on 00:03 - May 18 with 2165 viewsParisBlue

Our joint record we don't want on 23:54 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

The only reason Man U didn't do that against us in 1995 was as their goal difference was significantly inferior to Blackburn's. At some point a similar situation is likely to happen.

Also having beaten them earlier in the season we over-celebrated a tad...a defeat that ultimately cost United the title. Never mind...

However, Ipswich had beaten United at Portman Road back in September, a defeat which rankled with former United player Brian McClair at the time. “It always stuck with me that Sir Matt Busby once said you have to be humble and gracious in defeat or victory, and Ipswich were not on that day,” he remembers. “They were delighted to win, of course, but they were more than exuberant in their celebrations, so that stuck a bit.”

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Our joint record we don't want on 00:05 - May 18 with 2162 viewsParisBlue

Our joint record we don't want on 22:23 - May 17 by SitfcB

I honestly thought we could (and maybe should) have scored 10 vs Exeter.

I was also oddly quite irritated having only beaten Gary Megsons Nottingham Forest 6-0. Should have been more.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Our joint record we don't want on 07:47 - May 18 with 2042 viewsBluespeed225

Also need to right referee!
Our joint record we don't want on 07:52 - May 18 with 2010 viewsBlueRaider

You need special circumstances, the game needs to be later in the season and it needs to be a close race with goal difference a factor, otherwise City seem to declare at 5 or 6, a bit like we did v Exeter

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Our joint record we don't want on 08:11 - May 18 with 1971 viewsGeoffSentence

Our joint record we don't want on 07:47 - May 18 by Bluespeed225

Also need to right referee!

One who will happily call their goalkeeper over for a talking to and then let you take a quick free-kick when he's going back to goal?

Oooh that rankled me. Should only have been 8.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Our joint record we don't want on 08:20 - May 18 with 1939 viewsChurchman

I did read somewhere that they also wanted to punish us for rather loudly celebrating beating them earlier in the season.

I think a team will hit ten sooner rather than later. Somebody will just be ‘in the mood’ or irritated about something and just carry on. Maybe a grudge thing, but it will happen.
Our joint record we don't want on 08:23 - May 18 with 1912 viewsArchiRob

Cole missed a load of chances at MU
Our fans were singing what a waste of money 💰 then he got 5 its doable but most teams take their foot off the gas Ferguson was out to improve goal difference.
Painful to sit through but was a game that I have never forgotten still have the program
Our joint record we don't want on 10:05 - May 18 with 1747 viewsZx1988

Our joint record we don't want on 07:52 - May 18 by BlueRaider

You need special circumstances, the game needs to be later in the season and it needs to be a close race with goal difference a factor, otherwise City seem to declare at 5 or 6, a bit like we did v Exeter

Exactly.

You can just imagine the scoreline if Man City were to go into one of their final matches needing to beat a team like Luton or Coventry by double-figures in order to overturn a GD deficit.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Our joint record we don't want on 10:47 - May 18 with 1697 viewsITFC_Forever

Our joint record we don't want on 10:05 - May 18 by Zx1988

Exactly.

You can just imagine the scoreline if Man City were to go into one of their final matches needing to beat a team like Luton or Coventry by double-figures in order to overturn a GD deficit.

By the final matches, City's GD is usually miles better than everyone else's anyway.

Hadn't heard the part about Utd being annoyed at our celebrations when we beat them in the September of that season, but you can't blame us, we knew we weren't a good side, and had just lost 0-3 to Bolton at home in the League Cup, so not many people gave us a chance.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Our joint record we don't want on 11:02 - May 18 with 1666 viewsJ2BLUE

It's very much Southampton's record now. They have done it twice. As far as i'm concerned that means we are free and clear.

If we found ourselves 9-0 up in the Prem one day and got a corner in the last minute of IT, would you send the keeper up?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Our joint record we don't want on 11:02 - May 18 with 1665 viewscharlie1

Our joint record we don't want on 08:23 - May 18 by ArchiRob

Cole missed a load of chances at MU
Our fans were singing what a waste of money 💰 then he got 5 its doable but most teams take their foot off the gas Ferguson was out to improve goal difference.
Painful to sit through but was a game that I have never forgotten still have the program

Was travelling to Bulgaria all day so didn’t know the score.

That night in a ski bar in Borovets got talking to two lads from Manchester and asked them what the score was. 9-0 they said. Who to?! Said I.

I’m still not sure if that was the epitome of blind optimism or just rank stupidity.

The outrageous laughter was unnecessary I thought.
Our joint record we don't want on 11:03 - May 18 with 1664 viewswellhungphil

Why don't we just get promoted to the top flight and do the job ourselves?

All this sitting around hoping someone else fixes our problems for us!

Let's get promoted again! Let's crack some heads! Let's score ten! Let's keep a clean sheet!

The only question should be, who should be on the receiving end of our incandescent wrath? Little yellow birds, perhaps? Because there's a deeper moral question in there too, if that's to be the case!
Our joint record we don't want on 11:10 - May 18 with 1603 viewswellhungphil

Our joint record we don't want on 11:02 - May 18 by J2BLUE

It's very much Southampton's record now. They have done it twice. As far as i'm concerned that means we are free and clear.

If we found ourselves 9-0 up in the Prem one day and got a corner in the last minute of IT, would you send the keeper up?

Yes, and not only would I send the keeper up, I'd substitute him first for the spare goalie. Just as an extra psych-bonus. Someone would HAVE to mark him then, leaving an outfield player free.

Or...last minute you say...so maybe substitute him for an unused defender who's handy in the air.
Our joint record we don't want on 16:19 - May 18 with 1383 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Knowing us, just when we thought the banter era had ended, we’ll get promoted in the next year or two…and then be the team that Man City stick 10 past

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Our joint record we don't want on 16:24 - May 18 with 1362 viewsJ2BLUE

Our joint record we don't want on 16:19 - May 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Knowing us, just when we thought the banter era had ended, we’ll get promoted in the next year or two…and then be the team that Man City stick 10 past

In the grand scheme of things that's like winning the lottery and then finding your new house needs £100k of work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Our joint record we don't want on 16:59 - May 18 with 1313 viewsiamatractorboy

It's only a Sky 'football-started-in-1992' record anyway!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024