Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Foster 16:24 - May 2 with 6323 viewsITFC_Heaven

This will probably get some downvotes and it’s just my opinion but Stephen Foster needs to be replaced as the stadium announcer, far less charismatic than Rob Chandler was. I’ve visited 15 away grounds this season and every single one of them have had someone who’s far more exciting on the mic and sounds far more up for the game than ‘Foz’ ever is.

Even Simon Milton sounded far better during his couple of minutes on the mic on Saturday afternoon.

Love to read others thoughts on this.
Stephen Foster on 16:46 - May 2 with 5179 viewsFrimleyBlue

As someone who only hears him briefly on I follow footage I must say he sounds awfully dull.

But he's a professional and if that's what the club wants then it works well.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stephen Foster on 16:50 - May 2 with 5158 viewsBluespeed225

I would totally agree about his delivery, but, after all the years of struggle, apathy from Evans, managers/players we didn't like, just the last 15 years really, along comes Foz and bingo, we're up! He could be the lucky charm and should be kept on to make a trio, Bluey , Crazee and Foz! Like Crosby Stills and Nash, but not really.
Stephen Foster on 16:54 - May 2 with 5120 viewsfishbait1985

Couldn't agree more... would be amazing if Rob Chandler could be tempted back to the mic. Whatever the change is it needs to be someone more upbeat
Stephen Foster on 17:05 - May 2 with 5033 viewsNthQldITFC

I think he has a certain style which might not be ideal for younger folk (like me) but he's fine at what he does. Rather him than some over the top manic crap like at the boxing etc., but it's not a very important aspect of the 'match-day experience' to me.

I wonder if Tess Daly fancies the gig!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stephen Foster on 17:08 - May 2 with 5001 viewsRegencyBlue

Yeah, you wouldn’t be following him over the top in the trenches!

Nice guy by all accounts but his delivery is not up to it.
Stephen Foster on 17:14 - May 2 with 4900 viewstractor_lady

Spot on
Stephen Foster on 17:17 - May 2 with 4878 viewsTheBoyBlue

I enjoyed him not noticing who Exeter had taken off on Saturday!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Stephen Foster on 17:36 - May 2 with 4761 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

As previously stated I’m sure he’s a lovely fella.

But my goodness he was shocking on the mic at the weekend, Rob Chandler was so good at it. Would love him back.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Foster on 17:41 - May 2 with 4720 viewsTractorCam

When the players emerged for the lap of honour, Morsy was announced as "As things stand our current captain".

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Stephen Foster on 18:00 - May 2 with 4623 viewsIllinoisblue

Stephen Foster on 17:41 - May 2 by TractorCam

When the players emerged for the lap of honour, Morsy was announced as "As things stand our current captain".

Really? That is a very weird thing to say. Just on the Town in 25 when you can hear him say “come on you blues” it sounds off, almost scripted. Probably harsh, he’s a fan like the rest of us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stephen Foster on 18:23 - May 2 with 4491 viewsKeno

I think they should get someone with whit, humour, bags of character and charisma

Where's Hoppy when you need him

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Stephen Foster on 18:52 - May 2 with 4384 viewsITFC_Forever

Been saying it all season.

Nice guy, local radio legend and massive fan though he is, he’s not a patch on Rob Chandler.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stephen Foster on 18:55 - May 2 with 4347 viewsAndyGoodchild

Said this to the guy behind me on Saturday. Can you imagine the post match on Saturday if Rob Chandler had still been on the PA? Would have made a already brilliant celebration even more epic.
Stephen Foster on 20:00 - May 2 with 4135 viewspeterleeblue

Very harsh on a stalwart of local radio.
I remember enjoying his Headbangers ball programme on Radio Orwell back in the mid 80's!!
Stephen Foster on 20:52 - May 2 with 3992 viewsjacobnikons

he's no rob chandler that's for sure!
Stephen Foster on 21:54 - May 2 with 3771 viewsxrayspecs

Stephen Foster on 17:05 - May 2 by NthQldITFC

I think he has a certain style which might not be ideal for younger folk (like me) but he's fine at what he does. Rather him than some over the top manic crap like at the boxing etc., but it's not a very important aspect of the 'match-day experience' to me.

I wonder if Tess Daly fancies the gig!

I am old. It is not an age thing.

He is not a stadium MC.
Stephen Foster on 22:20 - May 2 with 3673 viewsMark

Rob Chandler was brilliant, but he stepped down and is a hard act to follow. I think Stephen Foster has done a decent job. He is Ipswich through and through. The half time interviews are very good. He also chairs the fans' forum well.
Stephen Foster on 22:41 - May 2 with 3584 viewsGogs

I talk to him from time to time in the Duke of York, as it's a local haunt for both of us. He mentioned the other week that he has no control over either the music played (not necessarily a bad thing unless you're really into Dr. Feelgood), or the big screen. Which may go some way to explain why he cocked up the Exeter substitution on Saturday as I'm guessing he missed the board and the screen. Also on Saturday, for one glorious moment when he was reading out the Exeter line up I thought he announced 'number 5: Alan Partridge' but alas, it transpired it was Alex Hartridge.
For what it's worth, I think he's ok though. He's not as good as Rob Chandler, but he was excellent and a tough act to follow. I can live with Foz carrying on
Stephen Foster on 06:40 - May 3 with 3349 viewsITFC_Forever

Stephen Foster on 22:20 - May 2 by Mark

Rob Chandler was brilliant, but he stepped down and is a hard act to follow. I think Stephen Foster has done a decent job. He is Ipswich through and through. The half time interviews are very good. He also chairs the fans' forum well.

Not sure that’s true…. I seem to remember he and the DJ were not asked back following Covid.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stephen Foster on 07:13 - May 3 with 3221 viewsSenatorBlue

Stephen Foster on 18:23 - May 2 by Keno

I think they should get someone with whit, humour, bags of character and charisma

Where's Hoppy when you need him

That’s a hair raising thought
Stephen Foster on 07:17 - May 3 with 3185 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Probably not helped by the acoustics etc but would be lying if I claimed not to have thought the same.
Stephen Foster on 08:00 - May 3 with 3031 viewsCityBlue

I would say now is ripe to get a female in and have the club prove we break down barriers to stereotypes.

I T I D

Stephen Foster on 08:03 - May 3 with 3019 viewsPioneerBlue

Stephen Foster on 08:00 - May 3 by CityBlue

I would say now is ripe to get a female in and have the club prove we break down barriers to stereotypes.

I like this but there is no reason not to have a pair for balance. That might help people get over their personality gripes, if the whole thing is shared.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Stephen Foster on 08:08 - May 3 with 3002 viewstivo

Stephen Foster on 08:00 - May 3 by CityBlue

Yeah let's show we're all for a bit of Tokenism!
Stephen Foster on 08:08 - May 3 with 3001 viewslurcher

Foster is appalling. He is just so boring and monotone. I really don't know how he ended up with the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024