Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Air Fryers 23:19 - Apr 27 with 2132 viewsMelford

Mine caught fire last night.
https://www.linkpicture.com/view.php?img=LPic644aefaf8d94b515510061"> src="

It was a Tower one, less than 3 months old. Cooked myself sausage and chips, went into the front room to eat it and about 5 minutes in I get whiff of burning plastic and my smoke and CO2 detectors start going off. Go into the kitchen and there's 2 foot flames coming out the back of it. Smothered it with a fire blanket and sprayed the ***k out of it with the fire extinguisher.

23 years of being a professional chef and that was easily my scariest kitchen moment,

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Air Fryers on 23:20 - Apr 27 with 2098 viewsbournemouthblue

Crikey!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Air Fryers on 23:41 - Apr 27 with 2017 viewsle2blue

fark, i've got that one! two months old ad its become a main part of our cooking.
Air Fryers on 00:51 - Apr 28 with 1943 viewsBasingstokeBlue

It did its job perfectly (cooking your sausage and chips) and them caught fire later?

Is it possible that you didn't turn it off after cooking your meal?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Air Fryers on 08:14 - Apr 28 with 1724 viewsmikeybloo88

I’ve had one of those for 18 months with no issues...have heard of people putting liner paper in them which has caught fire after cooking when the pan has been put back in with it still going. Probably just an unfortunate electrical fault which can happen with any electrical item which generates high heat..
Air Fryers on 08:39 - Apr 28 with 1693 viewsHerbivore

And yet still less disastrous than his brother, Zeki.

In all seriousness, that's pretty scary and glad you're okay.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Air Fryers on 09:10 - Apr 28 with 1642 viewsitfcjoe

Crazy - what caused it?

Glad you were able to deal with it ok

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Air Fryers on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 1561 viewsRamRob

You're not meant to put them on the hob

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Air Fryers on 15:18 - Apr 28 with 1403 viewsfactual_blue

...and after 23 years as a professional chef, probably your most embarrassing as well!

Was it under warranty?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Air Fryers on 16:09 - Apr 28 with 1328 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Air Fryers on 08:14 - Apr 28 by mikeybloo88

I’ve had one of those for 18 months with no issues...have heard of people putting liner paper in them which has caught fire after cooking when the pan has been put back in with it still going. Probably just an unfortunate electrical fault which can happen with any electrical item which generates high heat..

Presumably an electrical fault or something flammable in close proximity to the very hot components. Not sure what would happen if it was left running with nothing inside it to heat - that might lead to it catching fire.

However, your last point "electrical fault which can happen with any electrical item which generates high heat" doesn't require the "which generates high heat". Electrical fires can occur with any electrical device.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Air Fryers on 22:21 - Apr 28 with 1223 viewsMelford

Air Fryers on 00:51 - Apr 28 by BasingstokeBlue

It did its job perfectly (cooking your sausage and chips) and them caught fire later?

Is it possible that you didn't turn it off after cooking your meal?

It was off, was 10 minutes after I used it. I'm always careful with stuff like that because of my job. Where it caught fire was the wiring at the back, the actual 'cooking' part was relatively untouched.

Air Fryers on 22:28 - Apr 28 with 1202 viewsMelford

Air Fryers on 15:18 - Apr 28 by factual_blue

...and after 23 years as a professional chef, probably your most embarrassing as well!

Was it under warranty?

It was just over 3 months old.

Melted the microwave next to it and the socket for the oven behind it so the oven is out of action. The worktop it was on is fried and is going to need to be replaced. Got an insurance man coming out on Tuesday morning.

Imagine being known as the chef who burnt his house down cooking his dinner?!

Air Fryers on 23:39 - Apr 28 with 1142 viewsWicklowBlue

Air Fryers on 22:28 - Apr 28 by Melford

It was just over 3 months old.

Melted the microwave next to it and the socket for the oven behind it so the oven is out of action. The worktop it was on is fried and is going to need to be replaced. Got an insurance man coming out on Tuesday morning.

Imagine being known as the chef who burnt his house down cooking his dinner?!

Looking at the pic, that was a serious fire! Well done avoiding further damage.

I've a Tower air fryer for 2 years and still going strong. Again looking at that pic you shared it was nothing to do with the fryer basket or contents.

It looks like there was a serious short/overheating at the back of the air fryer. Where was it placed, did it trip any of the fuses on that circuit?

Melted the microwave and fried the worktop seems crazy for one appliance. I'd speculate something else happened here, such as the general wiring/fuse box etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024