Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argyle fan in peace 12:11 - Apr 20 with 17065 viewsPAFCSurrey

morning all,

So I keep my eye on your forum (and Owlstalk - which can be pretty funny when they lose) and just wondered what your current consensus (as much as you can get on a forum with a million differing views!) on how it'll end up for us, you and Wednesday come the last day.

You're clearly playing the much, much better football than the pair of us, but have 2 very tough looking games now. Cambridge at home looks, on paper, an "easy" one but i'm expecting it to be anything but.

Gut feel?
Argyle fan in peace on 17:09 - Apr 20 with 2481 viewsMullet

We win every game, you drop lots of points and lose in the playoffs to Bolton. Sheff Wednesday pip you on goal difference and still whinge about it for the next decade.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Argyle fan in peace on 17:18 - Apr 20 with 2435 viewsclive_baker

Current top 4 will stay as is IMO.

You're right we have 2 big games, if we win 1 of the 2 I would think we'll get over the line.

Cambridge certainly looked easier a few weeks ago than it does now, they're really putting up a fight of late but I think you'll have too much for them on your own patch.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Argyle fan in peace on 17:20 - Apr 20 with 2424 viewsOldFart71

I think on paper Town are the best in the League. Unfortunately games aren't played on paper. I think we will win at Posh and draw with Barnsley. Plymouth have intruth been awesome. coming out with wins when looking to draw or lose. When we played you at your place we should have won. But we are a totally different team now than we were then as is being proved by results. I personally want to see Plymouth go up with us and am not in the least concerned whether we or you go up as champs.
Argyle fan in peace on 17:38 - Apr 20 with 2370 viewsBLUEBEAT

peace yo! ✌🏽 ☮️ 🕊️

Poll: W or W

Argyle fan in peace on 18:24 - Apr 20 with 2295 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’m just hoping the Wednesday players are as defeatist as their fans…
Argyle fan in peace on 19:57 - Apr 20 with 2190 viewsSwansea_Blue

Argyle fan in peace on 17:38 - Apr 20 by BLUEBEAT

peace yo! ✌🏽 ☮️ 🕊️

Argyle fan in peas ✌️🖖

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Argyle fan in peace on 20:11 - Apr 20 with 2163 viewsStewart27

As long as it’s not Wednesday I don’t care.

I went on to their odious forum and it’s as you’d expect for a team in third who want to sack their manager. They think they’re some kind of massive club. They cheated us out of three points at their place and apart from 20 minutes at PR we killed them. Awful team who play a horrible brand of football.

So very happy if it’s you and us up.

I do like Barnsley though!
Argyle fan in peace on 20:35 - Apr 20 with 2098 viewsExiled2Surrey

Argyle fan in peace on 20:11 - Apr 20 by Stewart27

As long as it’s not Wednesday I don’t care.

I went on to their odious forum and it’s as you’d expect for a team in third who want to sack their manager. They think they’re some kind of massive club. They cheated us out of three points at their place and apart from 20 minutes at PR we killed them. Awful team who play a horrible brand of football.

So very happy if it’s you and us up.

I do like Barnsley though!

In fairness, they only cheated us out of two points…
Login to get fewer ads

Argyle fan in peace on 20:51 - Apr 20 with 2071 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Argyle fan in peace on 19:57 - Apr 20 by Swansea_Blue

Argyle fan in peas ✌️🖖

End of the season....Argyle fans in pieces.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 21:44]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Argyle fan in peace on 21:05 - Apr 20 with 2034 viewsReusersTown

Argyle fan in peace on 20:35 - Apr 20 by Exiled2Surrey

*4 points
Argyle fan in peace on 22:41 - Apr 20 with 1893 viewsExiled2Surrey

Argyle fan in peace on 21:05 - Apr 20 by ReusersTown

*4 points

He did say “at their place”, but I do agree (once Smith had missed when through one on one)
Argyle fan in peace on 22:53 - Apr 20 with 1858 viewspatrickswell

Argyle fan in peace on 13:15 - Apr 20 by bobbyramsey

Gut feel?

We don't get the luck that you and SW do.

Point of order though, Wednesday’s luck has very definitely been out during their poor run.

1) Had an effort cleared off the line in stoppage time vs Lincoln.
2) Hit the post with the last kick of the game vs Cheltenham.
3) The penalty they gave away at Oxford was very harsh on them.

May their bad fortune resume at least until May 7, because in an ideal world, us, Plymouth and Wednesday would all go up.
Argyle fan in peace on 22:55 - Apr 20 with 1856 viewsipswichtillidie

I don’t want to think about it tbh. I keep thinking 2 wins 2 draws and we have done it but the next two for us are huge. I think Argyle will finish top and hope we have enough in us to get the 8 points we need. Good luck and I also enjoy watching the SW fans melt too. We have some arrogant idiot fans on Twitter too but ignore them they are not the majority.
Most town fans are just happy to be in the mix and finally feeling alive again after 20 years of crap. Any success will be well over-due.
Coyb

Gav

Argyle fan in peace on 23:03 - Apr 20 with 1829 viewsStewart27

Argyle fan in peace on 20:35 - Apr 20 by Exiled2Surrey

Sorry I meant they cheated us out of the full 3 points at their place.

I didn’t even mention that they never had a player sent off for assaulting Burns at our place because he couldn’t be recognised.
Argyle fan in peace on 23:11 - Apr 20 with 1785 viewspointofblue

I thnk Plymouth will go up as Champions. My confidence on whether we will finish second depend on the next two games. Theoretically we could lose both and go up, as long as Wednesday drop a point along the way and we manage to get past Exeter and Fleetwood. There are a lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' with that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Argyle fan in peace on 03:57 - Apr 21 with 1672 viewstractordownsouth

Argyle fan in peace on 22:53 - Apr 20 by patrickswell

Point of order though, Wednesday’s luck has very definitely been out during their poor run.

May their bad fortune resume at least until May 7, because in an ideal world, us, Plymouth and Wednesday would all go up.

On that third point, the penalty given against them was harsh but Oxford had a stonewaller waved away 5 minutes earlier.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Argyle fan in peace on 07:41 - Apr 21 with 1565 viewsChurchman

I think Argyle will finish top. The resilience they’ve shown after the odd knock back has been quite extraordinary. It’s theirs to lose with so few games left.

I’ve always got on well with the Sheffield Weds supporters I’ve met over the years. They’re a good mob by and large, so I’m a bit surprised with what I’ve read on Owlstalk. It’s rare to see such a sense of entitlement from supporters of a club that’s done so little in my lifetime. Yes, they have a big football ground and attract good numbers, but Liverpool and Man City they are not.

Their vitriol and dismissiveness of us is surprising too. We are nothing to them and visa versa. Ok, there are a few berks on social media and forums, but every club has those.

Lastly, their attitude towards their team and manager is strange given what a great season they’ve had. Even when they were strolling it a couple of months ago, the knives were out for Darren Moore. They read as quite divided, but maybe that’s restricted to the mob that post on their forum.
Argyle fan in peace on 07:51 - Apr 21 with 1541 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Argyle fan in peace on 12:35 - Apr 20 by nodge_blue

I'm pretty nervous about the next two game away to Peterborough and Barnsley. We've never won at Peterborough and Barnsley will be right up for it. I've got a horrible feeling we could come out of those with only a point.

So I think it still needs Wednesday to not win all of their last 3.

However, if we did win say v Peterborough then I think we will go up regardless of what Sheffield do.

And Plymouth have a run at home where I think you win all 3.

Yes we have won at Peterborough, 2-1 in the FA Cup, and I was there.
Our first league win at Peterborough was on Saturday 22nd April 2023.

Poll: would you rather

Argyle fan in peace on 08:53 - Apr 21 with 1448 viewsITFC_Forever

Argyle fan in peace on 22:53 - Apr 20 by patrickswell

They shouldn't have drawn either game against us, Brizzle's disallowed goal on Tuesday could have easily been given on another day, and the penalty v Oxford was harsh, but was a degree of levelling up after a previous blatant one wasn't given.

Any side with Bakinson, Iorfa and Flint is going to struggle.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Argyle fan in peace on 09:08 - Apr 21 with 1404 viewspatrickswell

Argyle fan in peace on 08:53 - Apr 21 by ITFC_Forever

They shouldn't have drawn either game against us, Brizzle's disallowed goal on Tuesday could have easily been given on another day, and the penalty v Oxford was harsh, but was a degree of levelling up after a previous blatant one wasn't given.

Any side with Bakinson, Iorfa and Flint is going to struggle.

I haven’t seen Bristol Rovers disallowed goal, but in my mind, I’m putting that on a par with the slice of fortune we had at Cambridge where they thought they had scored a second goal in open play only to find that the referee was giving them a penalty instead, which Walton saved to keep the score at 1-0.
Argyle fan in peace on 09:28 - Apr 21 with 1350 viewsMetal_Hacker

The usual waffle and bollox from the Wednesday fans up here last night at 5 a side

They’re adamant we’ll struggle for sure on Saturday and we’ll definitely get fûck all against Barnsley on Tuesday. Proper wound me up last night with their blinkered approach and views. Totally up their own backsides. Simply told them not to judge our game against Barnsley with their inept performances against them in both games. Reminded them we’re above them because we’re the better team

It’s tough living in Sheffield trying to be “grown up “ about all this now

Starting to despise them now !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Argyle fan in peace on 13:45 - Apr 21 with 1212 viewsjayessess

Pretty futile to complain about luck really.
All three teams will have had unfair refereeing decisions (both ways), random deflections (for and against), outrageous misses (for and against). We don't watch each others' fixtures and we don't focus on our own bits of good fortune.

I think there's a tonne of statistics that reflect how Ipswich are the best of the three in terms of "run of play". We create the most and best shooting opportunities, concede the fewest. Think it's obvious that we're the worst of the three in terms of capitalising on that dominance and consistently finding ourselves the right side of fine margins.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Argyle fan in peace on 14:24 - Apr 21 with 1131 viewslizzibee

Argyle fan in peace on 09:28 - Apr 21 by Metal_Hacker

The usual waffle and bollox from the Wednesday fans up here last night at 5 a side

They’re adamant we’ll struggle for sure on Saturday and we’ll definitely get fûck all against Barnsley on Tuesday. Proper wound me up last night with their blinkered approach and views. Totally up their own backsides. Simply told them not to judge our game against Barnsley with their inept performances against them in both games. Reminded them we’re above them because we’re the better team

It’s tough living in Sheffield trying to be “grown up “ about all this now

Starting to despise them now !

Bet that was really tough to keep calm. They seem to compare us against them - because they lost we automatically will. Their nerves are definately getting to them. I've gone off them completely and I used to have respect but they are completely up themselves (there are some sensible ones mind).
Argyle fan in peace on 14:27 - Apr 21 with 1108 viewsJ2BLUE

Argyle fan in peace on 17:09 - Apr 20 by Mullet

We win every game, you drop lots of points and lose in the playoffs to Bolton. Sheff Wednesday pip you on goal difference and still whinge about it for the next decade.

Owls Talk is really odd. A lot of them seem to believe both that they are absolutely terrible and that they should have promotion completely sewn up by now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Argyle fan in peace on 14:28 - Apr 21 with 1106 viewsMetal_Hacker

Argyle fan in peace on 14:24 - Apr 21 by lizzibee

Bet that was really tough to keep calm. They seem to compare us against them - because they lost we automatically will. Their nerves are definately getting to them. I've gone off them completely and I used to have respect but they are completely up themselves (there are some sensible ones mind).

Yeah it was because one of them has been a mate for best part of 20 years or so and it just wound me up. They're disillusional they really are .Blinkered isn't the word.It's like an expectancy they have and yes I know all fan bases have their very own bunch of turds but seriously they have more than their fair share trust me

Roll on the day we beat them to promotion because I shall not shut up !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024