Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we do not win tomorrow, 22:31 - Apr 9 with 2640 viewsxrayspecs

which is quite possible, can we retain a sense of perspective.

McKenna does not need to go
We do not need to change our playing style
We do not need to play 2 up top
It is not a disgrace to not beat Cheltenham (we last beat them in the 1930s)

Phil - can anyone going OTT get a Mitrovic. Banned from posting for next 8 games, and allowed back for the PO final, should we be participating?
If we do not win tomorrow, on 22:42 - Apr 9 with 2310 viewsNeedhamChris

As boring as all of these types of posts have been recently...but well done on getting in the first flounce about flouncing re: tomorrow's game

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

If we do not win tomorrow, on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 2309 viewsStudentBlue

Unfortunately it’s not us losing that will be the issue. Rather, it’s the fact that Sheff Weds and Plymouth are highly likely to win.

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 23:06 - Apr 9 with 2194 viewsxrayspecs

If we do not win tomorrow, on 22:42 - Apr 9 by NeedhamChris

As boring as all of these types of posts have been recently...but well done on getting in the first flounce about flouncing re: tomorrow's game

Not flouncing. Just intolerant of those with weak bladders.

14 points from last seven gets us to 95. That will be good enough for top 2. It will likely be less than this.

We are playing some of the best football Town have played for last 20 years.

Believe.
If we do not win tomorrow, on 23:50 - Apr 9 with 2085 viewsArchiRob

Yeah we really don't want any kind of negativity do we?
And who knows we might just win by the odd goal or 3 COYB
If we do not win tomorrow, on 23:59 - Apr 9 with 2056 viewsWoolfenthen

pin this Phil
If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:03 - Apr 10 with 2029 viewsTheBoyBlue

With our goal difference, we can afford t lose one game and it still be in our hands. But of course it does put a lot of pressure on those last 6 games.

As I said before, we will drop points before the end of the season, but hopefully we can at least keep this winning run going until Peterborough away, which will make that a lot more approachable than if we have to win.

As I've also said recently, it's just fantastic to be involved at this stage of the season!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:14 - Apr 10 with 1960 viewsunstableblue

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:03 - Apr 10 by TheBoyBlue

With our goal difference, we can afford t lose one game and it still be in our hands. But of course it does put a lot of pressure on those last 6 games.

As I said before, we will drop points before the end of the season, but hopefully we can at least keep this winning run going until Peterborough away, which will make that a lot more approachable than if we have to win.

As I've also said recently, it's just fantastic to be involved at this stage of the season!

I agree to keep the winning run through Cheltenham and Charlton would be great, and continue to pile pressure on our rivals

But we will slip, and maybe before Peterborough away

And that why as per original posters sentiment we all have to stick together and stay positive. And if we have to do it by winning at Posh and Barnsley we’ll let’s back the boys to do it.

Stay calm, stay frosty and stay positive.

It’s been a remarkable season, if Sheff Weds and Plymouth can get to 95 points then so be it… they’ll deserve it. And I don’t fear the play-offs.

Enjoy the ride.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:14 - Apr 10 with 1959 viewsStokieBlue

If we do not win tomorrow, on 23:06 - Apr 9 by xrayspecs

Not flouncing. Just intolerant of those with weak bladders.

14 points from last seven gets us to 95. That will be good enough for top 2. It will likely be less than this.

We are playing some of the best football Town have played for last 20 years.

Believe.

He's got a history of epic flouncing (wanted McKenna sacked a month ago) so his post is rather disingenuous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:17 - Apr 10 with 1938 viewsJ2BLUE

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:14 - Apr 10 by StokieBlue

He's got a history of epic flouncing (wanted McKenna sacked a month ago) so his post is rather disingenuous.

SB

He has a point here though. These posts are irritating. 99% of the fan base know this run will eventually end and they'v done amazingly well to get back into this position. The 1% who will go hysterical won't be swayed by that post.

I don't think anyone would be calling for McKenna's head but at least he got a few up votes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:20 - Apr 10 with 1911 viewsStokieBlue

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:17 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

He has a point here though. These posts are irritating. 99% of the fan base know this run will eventually end and they'v done amazingly well to get back into this position. The 1% who will go hysterical won't be swayed by that post.

I don't think anyone would be calling for McKenna's head but at least he got a few up votes.

Indeed, however complaining about flouncing in any form when one has flounced and asked for McKenna to be sacked only a few weeks ago is rather cheeky at best.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:21 - Apr 10 with 1894 viewsJ2BLUE

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:20 - Apr 10 by StokieBlue

Indeed, however complaining about flouncing in any form when one has flounced and asked for McKenna to be sacked only a few weeks ago is rather cheeky at best.

SB

Fair point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:30 - Apr 10 with 1839 viewsIllinoisblue

What was it you didn’t see?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:57 - Apr 10 with 1772 viewsOldsmoker

The sensible heads on TWTD have said 2 points a game for the rest of the season gets us 95 points and that is nailed on auto promotion.

...but the doomsayers and the argumentative bunch and the w...kers say no game awards 2 points - it's zero, one or three.

It evens out in the end and I'm with the sensible heads not the w...kers.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:59 - Apr 10 with 1757 viewsTheBoyBlue

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:14 - Apr 10 by unstableblue

I agree to keep the winning run through Cheltenham and Charlton would be great, and continue to pile pressure on our rivals

But we will slip, and maybe before Peterborough away

And that why as per original posters sentiment we all have to stick together and stay positive. And if we have to do it by winning at Posh and Barnsley we’ll let’s back the boys to do it.

Stay calm, stay frosty and stay positive.

It’s been a remarkable season, if Sheff Weds and Plymouth can get to 95 points then so be it… they’ll deserve it. And I don’t fear the play-offs.

Enjoy the ride.

Completely agree.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

If we do not win tomorrow, on 05:12 - Apr 10 with 1612 viewsStewart27

I don’t think people have forgotten that you wanted KM out.

People are unlikely to forget because you posted it on the internet.
If we do not win tomorrow, on 05:20 - Apr 10 with 1596 viewsBuffaloBill

Mick out

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

If we do not win tomorrow, on 05:57 - Apr 10 with 1558 viewsKropotkin123

SB

Their post was made somewhere around 4 wins in 15 games. They made, as it seems in this moment, a mistake. People are allowed to voice their opinion.

Many posters in the past have gone early, dug their heels in, insulted players, and made the board intolerable. Instead they have taken taken their -30+ downvotes on the chin and actively taken accountability for what they've said...

Sometimes you have to reflect and blimey I was having a proper flounce this day - although we've won every game since so hopefully jinxed things with my own emotional nonsense!

I'm back to cautious optimism...time to buckle up for an exciting end to the season whatever happens

... and they should be able to voice their opinions in other posts freely.

Calling out people for flouncing, prior to a game that hasn't even happened is tedious and divisive.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If we do not win tomorrow, on 07:11 - Apr 10 with 1460 viewsSwansea_Blue

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:57 - Apr 10 by Oldsmoker

The sensible heads on TWTD have said 2 points a game for the rest of the season gets us 95 points and that is nailed on auto promotion.

...but the doomsayers and the argumentative bunch and the w...kers say no game awards 2 points - it's zero, one or three.

It evens out in the end and I'm with the sensible heads not the w...kers.

Yep, as long as we get 2 points today, McKenna can stay. Anything else and we should bring Mick and Terry back to save our season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 07:24 - Apr 10 with 1412 viewsibbleobble

Isn’t that called censorship and authoritarianism? Anyone who gets things out of perspective today no matter the result will be an utter moron given the run we’re on without conceding. It will come to an end, that much is certain. When? is the question. It matters little though given the credit in the bank this group have.
If we do not win tomorrow, on 07:46 - Apr 10 with 1354 viewsGuthrum

If we do not win tomorrow, on 00:03 - Apr 10 by TheBoyBlue

We can afford to lose one game, but currently that match is Fleetwood. Until Town have a clear gap to third (even if there's another team sitting in between), we need to be taking every point available.

Whatever the result, I will only be annoyed at the team if they put in a feeble performance. Which this squad in a mood of such confidence are extremely unlikely to do.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If we do not win tomorrow, on 07:48 - Apr 10 with 1341 viewsHerbivore

If we do not win tomorrow, on 22:43 - Apr 9 by StudentBlue

Unfortunately it’s not us losing that will be the issue. Rather, it’s the fact that Sheff Weds and Plymouth are highly likely to win.

Haven't Sheffield Wednesday been highly likely to win most of their last five games, all of which they've failed to win?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If we do not win tomorrow, on 07:53 - Apr 10 with 1297 viewsxrayspecs

SB

EDIT - responding to the wrong post
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 8:02]
If we do not win tomorrow, on 08:00 - Apr 10 with 1225 viewsxrayspecs

If we do not win tomorrow, on 07:24 - Apr 10 by ibbleobble

Isn’t that called censorship and authoritarianism? Anyone who gets things out of perspective today no matter the result will be an utter moron given the run we’re on without conceding. It will come to an end, that much is certain. When? is the question. It matters little though given the credit in the bank this group have.

If it is, then I am warming to the idea.

Much rather have a considered discussion about what is happening or not at the club, rather than read the reactionary drivel that gets posted on here at times.
If we do not win tomorrow, on 08:17 - Apr 10 with 1131 viewsxrayspecs

If we do not win tomorrow, on 23:50 - Apr 9 by ArchiRob

Yeah we really don't want any kind of negativity do we?
And who knows we might just win by the odd goal or 3 COYB

I have no issue with folk having positive or negative views, provided these are considered.

We should go into our remaining games confident of winning. I believe we are the best team in the league, playing the best football. Our Jan transfer business has considerably strengthened both the starting XI and the squad overall.

But football is a game of fine margins, and it is always possible to come out on the wrong side of a decision or a bit of luck.
If we do not win tomorrow, on 08:42 - Apr 10 with 1051 viewsfranz_tyson

If we do not win tomorrow, on 08:00 - Apr 10 by xrayspecs

If it is, then I am warming to the idea.

Much rather have a considered discussion about what is happening or not at the club, rather than read the reactionary drivel that gets posted on here at times.

Then don't read it. Read another thread or do something else. It's p1ss easy.

I'm assuming you're getting in early, plonking yourself down on your pedestal and telling everyone how to act in advance. Just sounds very entitled.

If there's over-reaction it will be a very small minority. Its easy to understand this and not give it any credence.i think the problem lies with you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024