Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Hirst 00:11 - Apr 9 with 3121 viewsMancBlue86

If Leicester go down and we go up then theres not a hope in hell they are going to sell him to us.

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

George Hirst on 00:18 - Apr 9 with 3056 viewsOsborneOneNil

Unless the loan includes an option to buy
George Hirst on 00:18 - Apr 9 with 3055 viewsStokieBlue

We have literally no idea what Leicester's financial position will be, what is in the loan contract or what their mindset will be on the subject.

It's just pointless pessimism for the sake of it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

George Hirst on 03:00 - Apr 9 with 2895 viewsbournemouthblue

Who really knows, they'll still have Vardy and Iheanacho?

If we don't get him, I expect McKenna to have a plan B, we don't even know if Hirst was Plan A

We were heavily linked with Evan Ferguson before Brighton realised he was going to be a huge star
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 3:11]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

George Hirst on 03:20 - Apr 9 with 2871 viewsle2blue

George Hirst on 03:00 - Apr 9 by bournemouthblue

If we don't get him, I expect McKenna to have a plan B, we don't even know if Hirst was Plan A

We were heavily linked with Evan Ferguson before Brighton realised he was going to be a huge star

He won't be staying at Leicester even if they get relegated. They wanted to sell him last summer, they gave him a new deal to get him on a longer-term contract which would enable them to get a bigger fee, his deal with Blackburn was a loan to buy subject to appearances.

If they go down they won't be using a player who has only scored in the third tier, and struggled with both Rotherham and Blackburn to score in the championship, they'll want a proven quality player to get them back up.

In a settled team and with a manager who can get the best out of him, I suspect he will be very keen to stay at Ipswich if he is wanted. IF we get promoted I suspect KM may have others he will be interested in as well, think Hirst is proving that he is a great option for KM's system.
George Hirst on 08:43 - Apr 9 with 2452 viewsGuthrum

What the player wants will also have some bearing on this.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

George Hirst on 08:52 - Apr 9 with 2411 viewscressi

George Hirst on 08:43 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

What the player wants will also have some bearing on this.

At the moment it's all ifs
First we need to win Monday take each game as it comes, if promotion is achieved I believe the club will make good decisions on who leaves and who comes in. Not like the last regime.
George Hirst on 08:56 - Apr 9 with 2384 viewsCheltenham_Blue

George Hirst on 03:20 - Apr 9 by le2blue

He won't be staying at Leicester even if they get relegated. They wanted to sell him last summer, they gave him a new deal to get him on a longer-term contract which would enable them to get a bigger fee, his deal with Blackburn was a loan to buy subject to appearances.

If they go down they won't be using a player who has only scored in the third tier, and struggled with both Rotherham and Blackburn to score in the championship, they'll want a proven quality player to get them back up.

In a settled team and with a manager who can get the best out of him, I suspect he will be very keen to stay at Ipswich if he is wanted. IF we get promoted I suspect KM may have others he will be interested in as well, think Hirst is proving that he is a great option for KM's system.

"his deal with Blackburn was a loan to buy subject to appearances. "

This would explain why Ladapo is missing out currently perhaps.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

George Hirst on 08:59 - Apr 9 with 2348 viewsStu_boy

If the price offered is right they'll sell
Login to get fewer ads

George Hirst on 09:13 - Apr 9 with 2273 viewsLesta_Tractor

The three Leicester supporters I was drinking with on Friday are all of the belief that we've already got a deal in place to sign him in the summer

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

[Redacted] on 09:24 - Apr 9 with 2168 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
George Hirst on 09:31 - Apr 9 with 2122 viewsJ2BLUE

Why worry about this now? Enjoy the moment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

George Hirst on 09:54 - Apr 9 with 2007 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

George Hirst on 03:00 - Apr 9 by bournemouthblue

Ferguson and Broadhead !
We really would have landed in a goldmine!
George Hirst on 10:27 - Apr 9 with 1892 viewsRadlett_blue

The real issue will be wages. Hirst is on £16k a week at Leicester & his contract runs to 2025.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

George Hirst on 10:31 - Apr 9 with 1849 viewsbournemouthblue

It would be funny if they signed Pukki

I think their shelf would probably be higher than that in fairness

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

George Hirst on 10:41 - Apr 9 with 1779 viewsunstableblue

George Hirst on 00:18 - Apr 9 by OsborneOneNil

Unless the loan includes an option to buy

I expect we are paying quite high wages for Hirst as part of a deal that means on promotion we have a clause to buy

But I could be making that up

I suspect for such a long term target (seemed to highest priority in summer) who we wanted to buy, and who we are molding the team around a little, and Freddie as back-up… I just can’t see him only being a loan!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

George Hirst on 11:06 - Apr 9 with 1678 viewsRadlett_blue

George Hirst on 10:41 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

I expect we are paying quite high wages for Hirst as part of a deal that means on promotion we have a clause to buy

But I could be making that up

I suspect for such a long term target (seemed to highest priority in summer) who we wanted to buy, and who we are molding the team around a little, and Freddie as back-up… I just can’t see him only being a loan!

If Town are promoted, I think we will need better than Hirst & Ladapo if we want to finish in the top half of the Championship.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

George Hirst on 11:12 - Apr 9 with 1642 viewsDaninthecampo

If we go up then I think he'll be our player, based on what we're paying some of our players in league 1, we're not going to be scared off by 16k a week in the championship.
He seems like a level headed player, he's 24 now and needs to be playing for his own team regularly where he wanted, Mckenna clearly rates him, who can further improve his game( fridays header as an example)you'd assume every home game will be a sell out why wouldn't he want to join us
George Hirst on 11:12 - Apr 9 with 1637 viewsBangor31

George Hirst on 11:06 - Apr 9 by Radlett_blue

If Town are promoted, I think we will need better than Hirst & Ladapo if we want to finish in the top half of the Championship.

We competed bloody well over 2 legs with the run away winners of the Championship.
I'd be quietly optimistic that we have a competitive squad for the championship. Not saying we can't upgrade positions but we are relatively young and have compted well again a to be prem team.
George Hirst on 11:41 - Apr 9 with 1493 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Have we not learnt yet? KM identifies players he knows compliment his system and he can improve. Hirst is a talented player and clearly has the potential to really kick-on.
George Hirst on 11:59 - Apr 9 with 1427 viewsITFCBlues

[Redacted] on 09:24 - Apr 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Blackburn had agreed a 12m fee, do you think we're paying similar for him?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

George Hirst on 12:12 - Apr 9 with 1391 viewstopguy

George Hirst on 11:59 - Apr 9 by ITFCBlues

Blackburn had agreed a 12m fee, do you think we're paying similar for him?

The agree fee Blackburn had was 5m widely reported around the time he was returning as the reason for the return as they didnt want to pay it and needed LC permission to end the loan but LC would only end it if he had somewhere else to go and we stepped up, otherwise he would have sat out the season and not played enough to trigger the clause, do we have one IDK but 8 figures is way off the mark.
George Hirst on 17:09 - Apr 9 with 1047 viewsStewart27

People said the same in this league.

The way KMs number 9s play isn’t all about goals. I’ve seen enough of Hirst now to think he looks every part the number 9 for a KM team in the championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024