Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great 09:41 - Mar 29 with 3925 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yeah our rivals have dropped points, but we still have a LOT to do and are surely 3rd favorites to get automatic.

Let’s celebrate if and when we go up, don’t want this gloating to come back and bite us!

RIP Sir Bobby

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:01 - Mar 29 with 2880 viewsle2blue

Correct, imagine what it's going to be like if Wednesday don't win tonight. Pretty sure it will come back to bite us because as we've experienced so far it's going to be a rollercoaster, and we will lose and draw at some point as well. It all comes down to whether we can hold our nerve more than the top two.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:05 - Mar 29 with 2838 viewsWickets

Agreed its just not a good look and to be honest all rather childish .
[Post edited 29 Mar 2023 10:06]
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:05 - Mar 29 with 2830 viewsbilllm

Agree
Twitter is the worst thing since mass produced sliced bread innit on 10:07 - Mar 29 with 2804 viewsDyland

nfftffs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:07 - Mar 29 with 2800 viewsMattinLondon

The only people who gloat on Twitter and giving rival fans ‘banter’ are the same ones who get offended by other fans who gloat on Twitter and banter away.

I think most other people really couldn’t careless, or understand that all the gloating banter, I’d conducted by bell ends.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:09 - Mar 29 with 2788 viewstextbackup

It’s fcking painful isn’t it.

Biggest budget, biggest squad, best squad… and we sit 3rd and resort to gloating… every team has their own bunch of dicks, and I probably see ours more because it’s ITFC related, but if we fail to go up it’s a disaster

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I was just gonna ask on 10:10 - Mar 29 with 2756 viewsDyland

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:07 - Mar 29 by MattinLondon

The only people who gloat on Twitter and giving rival fans ‘banter’ are the same ones who get offended by other fans who gloat on Twitter and banter away.

I think most other people really couldn’t careless, or understand that all the gloating banter, I’d conducted by bell ends.

Having never used it, I wondered if they are just trolls and don't give a stuff if it comes back on them, or if they do indeed get upset when it's reversed. If the latter, how tragic.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:21 - Mar 29 with 2671 viewsBluespeed225

It’s Twitter, so to anyone over 30 it doesn’t matter. I don’t know the gloaters , they don’t know me and I don’t know when other teams fans gloat at us!
Login to get fewer ads

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:28 - Mar 29 with 2595 viewsiamipswich

I agree. Don't mind a witty comment here or there, or people tweeting positively about the results in relation to Town but you'd think that we were home and hosed and not still part of the chasing pack.

Having spent a little more time on opponents' forums of late, it is clear that there isn't much affection towards us as a fanbase and I can't blame them given the loudest ones are the ones who paint us as arrogant, entitled neanderthals.

Poll: Who will return first?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:34 - Mar 29 with 2536 viewsSitfcB

Haven’t seen much ‘gloating’ as such, mostly people pleased that other teams have dropped points and a lot of banter between all sets of fans, is that not allowed?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:40 - Mar 29 with 2482 viewsWallingford_Boy

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 10:34 - Mar 29 by SitfcB

Haven’t seen much ‘gloating’ as such, mostly people pleased that other teams have dropped points and a lot of banter between all sets of fans, is that not allowed?

That’s allowed.

It’s more the tagging of Barnsley in every comment, the “Ashton has played a blinder” type stuff. It’s like we’ve just beaten them 4-0.

We are 3rd, have some tricky games coming up and still have plenty to do.

RIP Sir Bobby

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 11:13 - Mar 29 with 2281 viewsIllinoisblue

The tweets with Ashton mocked up as a Jamaican were quite funny though.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 11:16 - Mar 29 with 2217 viewsSitfcB

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 11:13 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

The tweets with Ashton mocked up as a Jamaican were quite funny though.

Yeah that did tickle me

Plus a few tweets about the ‘lost call up’!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 11:38 - Mar 29 with 2122 viewsRyorry

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 11:16 - Mar 29 by SitfcB

Yeah that did tickle me

Plus a few tweets about the ‘lost call up’!

What is it about Jamaica having changed their mind that they're unable to understand?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 11:38 - Mar 29 with 2119 viewsArnieM

Bloody adolescent fans eh ! I’m making an assumption here I realise !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 11:51 - Mar 29 with 2051 viewsringwoodblue

No one minds a bit of health banter and p1ss taking of other teams fans especially if their team wears green and yellow but gloating before the job is done is asking for it to come back with interest. Let’s just quietly finish the job and we can all feel very smug indeed.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:02 - Mar 29 with 1998 viewsitfcsuth

Whilst I agree, and have no doubt it will bite some people in the backside, literally every base does it on Twitter.

I've never sent a tweet out in my life but I do use it a lot to keep up to date on things in football and every base is like it.

In fact Barnsley were doing the exact same a week ago to Sheffield Wednesday fans when they beat them.

It does make me laugh though when people give it out, but get so salty when it comes back the other way, and our fan base is no different.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:42 - Mar 29 with 1904 viewsBleuBlue

Being a football fan is largely about gloating when other teams lose. I don’t see the point of being a football fan if you’re not going to celebrate a win for your team or a loss for your rival. Sheff Wed fans were basically assuming they were up before the last couple of games.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:50 - Mar 29 with 1846 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:42 - Mar 29 by BleuBlue

Being a football fan is largely about gloating when other teams lose. I don’t see the point of being a football fan if you’re not going to celebrate a win for your team or a loss for your rival. Sheff Wed fans were basically assuming they were up before the last couple of games.

10000000% this.

What will be, will be. Let's just enjoy being in the mix at this stage of the season, and that includes mocking other teams. It adds to the fun of it imo.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:53 - Mar 29 with 1822 viewsSwansea_Blue

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:42 - Mar 29 by BleuBlue

That’s fine, as long as people are happy to be on the receiving end when it backfires.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:54 - Mar 29 with 1809 viewsBiGDonnie

What's worse, this or a 'grown man' moaning about our starting 11 before a ball has been kicked?

Both seem proper childish to me

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:56 - Mar 29 with 1799 viewsunbelievablue

It makes no difference to anything. Best to ignore.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:58 - Mar 29 with 1772 viewsBleuBlue

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:53 - Mar 29 by Swansea_Blue

That’s fine, as long as people are happy to be on the receiving end when it backfires.

No one’s going to happy if and (likely) when it backfires, but that’s just life and football. I really wouldn’t read too much into it.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 13:00 - Mar 29 with 1753 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why don't you tell then on Twitter? This is TWTD.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I was just gonna ask on 13:04 - Mar 29 with 1717 viewsIllinoisblue

I was just gonna ask on 10:10 - Mar 29 by Dyland

Having never used it, I wondered if they are just trolls and don't give a stuff if it comes back on them, or if they do indeed get upset when it's reversed. If the latter, how tragic.

I don’t think that much thought goes into the bantz. It’s in and of the moment. A quick fix of f**kwittery and on to the next thing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024