Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great 09:41 - Mar 29 with 3937 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yeah our rivals have dropped points, but we still have a LOT to do and are surely 3rd favorites to get automatic.

Let’s celebrate if and when we go up, don’t want this gloating to come back and bite us!

RIP Sir Bobby

I was just gonna ask on 13:14 - Mar 29 with 911 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I was just gonna ask on 13:04 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

I don’t think that much thought goes into the bantz. It’s in and of the moment. A quick fix of f**kwittery and on to the next thing.

That reminds me, I haven't seen Frimmers post for a bit.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 13:16 - Mar 29 with 930 viewsVaughan8

It's embarrassing lets be honest. We (like all clubs0 have some d!ckhead supporters.
He's probably fed up..... on 13:18 - Mar 29 with 918 viewsBloots

I was just gonna ask on 13:14 - Mar 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

....with his name being dragged into threads that are nothing to do with him by people just looking for a cheap dig.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 13:19 - Mar 29 with 908 viewsBleuBlue

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 13:16 - Mar 29 by Vaughan8

It's embarrassing lets be honest. We (like all clubs0 have some d!ckhead supporters.

Sorry but why is it embarrassing? Fans of all clubs do it. It’s not really embarrassing, it’s just part of football.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 13:41 - Mar 29 with 856 viewsVic

Logging in just to give Wally a rare uppie

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

He's probably fed up..... on 14:18 - Mar 29 with 812 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He's probably fed up..... on 13:18 - Mar 29 by Bloots

....with his name being dragged into threads that are nothing to do with him by people just looking for a cheap dig.

You've got a real hard on for Frimmers haven't you? Must be, because you've never come across as a defender of fairness and being nice before now..

I was just gonna ask on 14:21 - Mar 29 with 815 viewsFrimleyBlue

I was just gonna ask on 13:14 - Mar 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hey Flash

Still posting. Much nicer these days. Pop on and off. Share a thought etc Ignored a shed load of posters tho who's main task was to turn threads away from the OP.. funnily enough like your effort here.

So. Just to say I'm here thank you.

Have a good one.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2023 14:22]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 14:23 - Mar 29 with 807 viewsPrideOfTheEast

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 12:02 - Mar 29 by itfcsuth

Whilst I agree, and have no doubt it will bite some people in the backside, literally every base does it on Twitter.

I've never sent a tweet out in my life but I do use it a lot to keep up to date on things in football and every base is like it.

In fact Barnsley were doing the exact same a week ago to Sheffield Wednesday fans when they beat them.

It does make me laugh though when people give it out, but get so salty when it comes back the other way, and our fan base is no different.

I don't know. It's weird how people are creating an almost rivalry with Plymouth and Barnsley FFS. Both clubs I like and if I could choose would go up with us.

We have a very strange fan base, full stop.
Login to get fewer ads

I've always been anti bullying..... on 14:28 - Mar 29 with 765 viewsBloots

He's probably fed up..... on 14:18 - Mar 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've got a real hard on for Frimmers haven't you? Must be, because you've never come across as a defender of fairness and being nice before now..

....on here.

Not sure what you mean by having a "hard on" for him?

You were calling me a girl the other day.

You're a very strange individual.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 14:30 - Mar 29 with 749 viewsBigCommon

It never looks classy. But if you're a gloater, then now is the time to gloat. Off the back of 6 straight wins, clawing back a 10pt deficit, and rivals losing...
Sometimes you have to live in the moment. Worry too much about what might or might not happen, "at some point in the future", And you can miss out on what is right in front of you.....Enjoy it whilst it's there, doesn't happen often. Just be prepared to take the pelters, if you've given it out and things turn the other way...
Part of me thinks people should remain civil and classy. But part of me says, fk it, enjoy it whilst it's there. If that involves gloating/banter, if that's your thing, then go for it..
I was just gonna ask on 14:30 - Mar 29 with 735 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I was just gonna ask on 14:21 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

Hey Flash

Still posting. Much nicer these days. Pop on and off. Share a thought etc Ignored a shed load of posters tho who's main task was to turn threads away from the OP.. funnily enough like your effort here.

So. Just to say I'm here thank you.

Have a good one.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2023 14:22]

My post here wasn't a task to turn the thread away from the OP, it was nothing more than a gentle nudge. Good to see you're still here/ok.

I've always been anti bullying..... on 14:36 - Mar 29 with 708 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I've always been anti bullying..... on 14:28 - Mar 29 by Bloots

....on here.

Not sure what you mean by having a "hard on" for him?

You were calling me a girl the other day.

You're a very strange individual.

hahahahahahahahahahaha. YOU?! ANTI-BULLYING??!?!

Also, I used feminine pronouns to change things up a bit. I didn't "call you a girl". No idea what you posted afterwards but given Phil removed the thread I doubt it was anything pleasant.

As I said last time you tried this tactic, you've been attacking me for years. Funny how you've never practiced what you're now preaching.

It's like when Phil does those "can everyone get along please" threads and some of the worst perpetrators post on it to say they fully agree, well said Phil.

Unless, of course, you've turned over a new leaf. Which would be admiral.

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 15:07 - Mar 29 with 686 viewsRyorry

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 14:30 - Mar 29 by BigCommon

It never looks classy. But if you're a gloater, then now is the time to gloat. Off the back of 6 straight wins, clawing back a 10pt deficit, and rivals losing...
Sometimes you have to live in the moment. Worry too much about what might or might not happen, "at some point in the future", And you can miss out on what is right in front of you.....Enjoy it whilst it's there, doesn't happen often. Just be prepared to take the pelters, if you've given it out and things turn the other way...
Part of me thinks people should remain civil and classy. But part of me says, fk it, enjoy it whilst it's there. If that involves gloating/banter, if that's your thing, then go for it..

The bigger point is the old saying that 'pride comes before a fall'.

We don't want the fall. Or to hex ourselves. Let's just quietly go about our business, hope to keep winning, and if we do go up we'll also then have at least 40 lovely days on which to gloat as much as we like every day.

Secondary point is that there's a wider football community & a bunch of clubs who we have friendly rivalries with, including Barnsley in particular due to the 2000 POF. Yes they have a few eejits on their forum, as we do on here, but I'd hate to sour our old relationship with them.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 15:13 - Mar 29 with 656 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 15:07 - Mar 29 by Ryorry

We don't want the fall. Or to hex ourselves. Let's just quietly go about our business, hope to keep winning, and if we do go up we'll also then have at least 40 lovely days on which to gloat as much as we like every day.

Secondary point is that there's a wider football community & a bunch of clubs who we have friendly rivalries with, including Barnsley in particular due to the 2000 POF. Yes they have a few eejits on their forum, as we do on here, but I'd hate to sour our old relationship with them.

There's no such thing as 'hexing' yourself.

Agree with your general point though, no point gloating until it's done (and even then gloating is a little tinpot/embarrassing).

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 15:24 - Mar 29 with 642 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

To all of you: Give up your annoyance towards one another.

We're going up. We're all one fan base. Be joyous together.

COYB
I've always been anti bullying..... on 16:27 - Mar 29 with 564 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I've always been anti bullying..... on 14:36 - Mar 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

hahahahahahahahahahaha. YOU?! ANTI-BULLYING??!?!

Also, I used feminine pronouns to change things up a bit. I didn't "call you a girl". No idea what you posted afterwards but given Phil removed the thread I doubt it was anything pleasant.

As I said last time you tried this tactic, you've been attacking me for years. Funny how you've never practiced what you're now preaching.

It's like when Phil does those "can everyone get along please" threads and some of the worst perpetrators post on it to say they fully agree, well said Phil.

Unless, of course, you've turned over a new leaf. Which would be admiral.

I'll take your downarrow as a no shall I? Shame.

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 16:52 - Mar 29 with 519 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do people still pay any attention to what's said on Twitter?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 515 viewsBigCommon

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 15:07 - Mar 29 by Ryorry

Think the bigger point is.. "You shouldn't try to think for other people"...
Football and its fan bases are a subculture. An escape from reality for a lot of people... Trying to enforce percieved rights and wrongs , from normal life, onto football fans, doesn't really work, imo...
For instance, in normal life, bragging is considered vulgar..Yet football is all about bragging rights.
In some ways, when it's your turn, as a fan, to have the bragging rights. It's almost like a reward for all the Years of not having them.
I also think, that current levels of excitement and nerves, are quite intoxicating. In the same way that alcohol can be...And as we all know, different people behave in different ways, when intoxicated. Some less classy than others....
Really doesn't bother me too much how other people behave..I don't allow myself to be judged by someone else's behavior...
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 17:46 - Mar 29 with 445 viewsRyorry

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 16:54 - Mar 29 by BigCommon

Think the bigger point is.. "You shouldn't try to think for other people"...
Football and its fan bases are a subculture. An escape from reality for a lot of people... Trying to enforce percieved rights and wrongs , from normal life, onto football fans, doesn't really work, imo...
For instance, in normal life, bragging is considered vulgar..Yet football is all about bragging rights.
In some ways, when it's your turn, as a fan, to have the bragging rights. It's almost like a reward for all the Years of not having them.
I also think, that current levels of excitement and nerves, are quite intoxicating. In the same way that alcohol can be...And as we all know, different people behave in different ways, when intoxicated. Some less classy than others....
Really doesn't bother me too much how other people behave..I don't allow myself to be judged by someone else's behavior...

I think my bigger point is bigger than your bigger point ;)

Don't you agree that the biggest objective is promotion? Six wins & clean sheets on the trot is lovely, but it'd be a bit hollow if we don't go up.

Agree re football being an escape from reality though, and our current situation quite intoxicating (as it no doubt is for our 3 closest rivals also).

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 18:06 - Mar 29 with 413 viewsBigCommon

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 17:46 - Mar 29 by Ryorry

I think my bigger point is bigger than your bigger point ;)

Don't you agree that the biggest objective is promotion? Six wins & clean sheets on the trot is lovely, but it'd be a bit hollow if we don't go up.

Agree re football being an escape from reality though, and our current situation quite intoxicating (as it no doubt is for our 3 closest rivals also).

I just think it's nice to live in the moment, when things are going well..... This period won't feel hollow to me, if we don't go up. It'll be something nice to look back on and draw encouragement from.That we are heading in the right direction.... Of course I'd love us to be promoted. But either way, it's one he'll of a season to be a part of. The set back of not going up this season, (which I don't think will happen), shouldn't spoil a thoroughly exciting season, imo. Especially when Ashton has already assured us, that we will further invest, and go again next season, regardless of division..
I would suggest, that anyone who thinks it's been a disappointing season if we fall short, is a glory hunter. When there's so much more to be pleased about. It would be a shame for anyone to look back on this season as a failure. I've seen more happy faces this season, than I've seen in a long while. Just my op'.
This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 18:26 - Mar 29 with 396 viewsRyorry

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 18:06 - Mar 29 by BigCommon

I just think it's nice to live in the moment, when things are going well..... This period won't feel hollow to me, if we don't go up. It'll be something nice to look back on and draw encouragement from.That we are heading in the right direction.... Of course I'd love us to be promoted. But either way, it's one he'll of a season to be a part of. The set back of not going up this season, (which I don't think will happen), shouldn't spoil a thoroughly exciting season, imo. Especially when Ashton has already assured us, that we will further invest, and go again next season, regardless of division..
I would suggest, that anyone who thinks it's been a disappointing season if we fall short, is a glory hunter. When there's so much more to be pleased about. It would be a shame for anyone to look back on this season as a failure. I've seen more happy faces this season, than I've seen in a long while. Just my op'.

Totally agree :)

This gloating by Town fans all over Twitter is not great on 20:10 - Mar 29 with 366 viewsBleuBlue

The counter argument to that is, why should we as fans sit there and say nothing when other clubs stumble yet when we stumble, fans of other clubs are quick to rub it in? Might as well enjoy it while the goings good. Heaven knows we haven’t had much to gloat about for over a decade.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2023 20:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024