Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next six weeks ... 14:56 - Mar 26 with 2999 viewsSomethingBlue

... are going to be the most insane of rollercoasters aren't they ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The next six weeks ... on 14:58 - Mar 26 with 2914 viewsMullet

More of a rocket ship. Up, up and up to the heavens! Title is still in reach my man.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The next six weeks ... on 15:02 - Mar 26 with 2843 viewsSomethingBlue

The next six weeks ... on 14:58 - Mar 26 by Mullet

More of a rocket ship. Up, up and up to the heavens! Title is still in reach my man.

Oh I think we can do it! I certainly get a sense we are fresher than most of the others. And we've seen today that literally anything can happen. But we have a few more close-run things on paper than our rivals. I dunno ... expect anything!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The next six weeks ... on 15:04 - Mar 26 with 2799 viewsMullet

The next six weeks ... on 15:02 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

Oh I think we can do it! I certainly get a sense we are fresher than most of the others. And we've seen today that literally anything can happen. But we have a few more close-run things on paper than our rivals. I dunno ... expect anything!

9 wins, 7 clean sheets, Kieran McKenna tattoo on someone's arse by Fleetwood away

The next six weeks ... on 15:06 - Mar 26 with 2736 viewsLankHenners

Think this is what you call 'game on'.

1st and 2nd genuinely up for grabs for any of the current top 4, crazy that at least one of them won't be promoted after all this.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The next six weeks ... on 15:09 - Mar 26 with 2662 viewsle2blue

The next six weeks ... on 15:02 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

weirdly, might be better for us to be playing teams we perceive as being harder games, will remove any complacency, Wednesday looked so lazy in their passing and then lacking in ideas.

Feels to me like we have momentum and the benefit of learning from bad results before the business end of the season.
The next six weeks ... on 15:13 - Mar 26 with 2572 viewsskinnybob72

What it does show is that Wednesday's & Plymouth "easy run on paper" is just that. Any of the top 4 could drop points in any game and there will be many unexpected twists and turns between now and the last kick of the season.

We had our wobble in Dec / Jan and it looks like SW are on theirs, hopefully Plymouth have theirs in April.
The next six weeks ... on 15:15 - Mar 26 with 2524 viewsIllinoisblue

The next six weeks ... on 15:09 - Mar 26 by le2blue

weirdly, might be better for us to be playing teams we perceive as being harder games, will remove any complacency, Wednesday looked so lazy in their passing and then lacking in ideas.

Feels to me like we have momentum and the benefit of learning from bad results before the business end of the season.

I would agree with that and certainly Derby and Posh won’t be parking the bus against us which in theory should help us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The next six weeks ... on 15:29 - Mar 26 with 2401 viewsDaninthecampo

I don't like playing Paul Warne teams but if we win next week that will be huge and sets us up great for a title push.
Today does show though it's not just Derby,Posh and Barnsley we need to worry about!
Login to get fewer ads

The next six weeks ... on 15:31 - Mar 26 with 2360 viewscatch74

The next six weeks ... on 15:13 - Mar 26 by skinnybob72

What it does show is that Wednesday's & Plymouth "easy run on paper" is just that. Any of the top 4 could drop points in any game and there will be many unexpected twists and turns between now and the last kick of the season.

We had our wobble in Dec / Jan and it looks like SW are on theirs, hopefully Plymouth have theirs in April.

Big game for Weds on Weds against a well rested Cheltenham. Anything other than a win and the fan base will get very restless.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The next six weeks ... on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 2280 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The next six weeks ... on 15:13 - Mar 26 by skinnybob72

“What it does show is that Wednesday's & Plymouth "easy run on paper" is just that”

This, I never bought that, can’t see why people obsess on who is playing who. I’ve said a few times that any game is losable in this crazy league.
The next six weeks ... on 15:44 - Mar 26 with 2175 viewsRyorry

The next six weeks ... on 15:29 - Mar 26 by Daninthecampo

I don't like playing Paul Warne teams but if we win next week that will be huge and sets us up great for a title push.
Today does show though it's not just Derby,Posh and Barnsley we need to worry about!

Fleetwood away on the final day already has me concerned - potential banana skin. And Derby away on All Fools Day 👀.

Think I might need to do a late protective hibernation for the next 6-8 weeks & wake up when it's all over, getting too ancient to withstand so much nerve-fraying on so many occasions!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The next six weeks ... on 17:28 - Mar 26 with 1956 viewsDaninthecampo

The next six weeks ... on 15:44 - Mar 26 by Ryorry

Fleetwood away on the final day already has me concerned - potential banana skin. And Derby away on All Fools Day 👀.

Think I might need to do a late protective hibernation for the next 6-8 weeks & wake up when it's all over, getting too ancient to withstand so much nerve-fraying on so many occasions!

Hopefully we'll be up by then but the last day could be very interesting!
Us away to Fleetwood
Wednesday home to Derby
Plymouth away to Port Vale
Barnsley home to Posh
The next six weeks ... on 18:44 - Mar 26 with 1786 viewsringwoodblue

I agree. I think today will be the first of a number of ‘shock results’ over the next six weeks. I just hope we are not on the receiving end of any.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

The next six weeks ... on 19:15 - Mar 26 with 1650 viewstractorboy1978

Yes they are. Four teams fighting for two places with plenty of pressure and jeopardy meaning there really are no easy games. Wednesday are really on the ropes now and they looked imperious only a couple of weeks back!
The next six weeks ... on 19:47 - Mar 26 with 1513 viewsBigCommon

Think we've got enough about us, on and off the pitch, to fly straightest, during all the chaos.
The next six weeks ... on 20:02 - Mar 26 with 1445 viewsChrisd

Peterborough United seem to be getting a head of steam up just at the right time to sneak into those play off places come May.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The next six weeks ... on 20:11 - Mar 26 with 1364 viewsclive_baker

The next six weeks ... on 14:58 - Mar 26 by Mullet

Very much 2 from 4 isn’t it, it’s going to be a hell of a run in. We seem to say it every week but the Derby game is massive, especially considering the 3 that follow it. Win at Pride Park and I would go as far as starting to believe it’s a ‘should do it’ rather than a ‘could do it’.

That’s going to have the feel of a playoff game given what’s at stake.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The next six weeks ... on 20:18 - Mar 26 with 1303 viewsMullet

The next six weeks ... on 20:11 - Mar 26 by clive_baker

Very much 2 from 4 isn’t it, it’s going to be a hell of a run in. We seem to say it every week but the Derby game is massive, especially considering the 3 that follow it. Win at Pride Park and I would go as far as starting to believe it’s a ‘should do it’ rather than a ‘could do it’.

That’s going to have the feel of a playoff game given what’s at stake.

Yeah, I am bang up for it. Think they will get Broadhead walking 10 feet tall to deal with too and we have enough all over the pitch to let them worry about him and leave someone else free.

The next six weeks ... on 20:51 - Mar 26 with 1154 viewsArnieM

April is not going to be for the feint hearted is it,(fans or players). Whoever maintains form, holds their s h it together best, will be promoted. You could potentially totally flip the current top four , and that’s how it finishes….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The next six weeks ... on 20:59 - Mar 26 with 1105 viewsTheBoyBlue

I think today's result has answered the debate on what the best result from the Barnsley-Wednesday game was. It seems to have really smashed Wednesday's momentum and hopefully they'll lose it and we'll maintain ours long enough to overtake them. Then we 'just' need to win at Barnsley and promotion will be ours.

Sounds so simple, doesn't it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

The next six weeks ... on 21:05 - Mar 26 with 1068 viewstractorboy1978

The next six weeks ... on 20:59 - Mar 26 by TheBoyBlue

I think today's result has answered the debate on what the best result from the Barnsley-Wednesday game was. It seems to have really smashed Wednesday's momentum and hopefully they'll lose it and we'll maintain ours long enough to overtake them. Then we 'just' need to win at Barnsley and promotion will be ours.

Sounds so simple, doesn't it.

There's no way they lose today if they'd beaten Barnsley. Cheltenham in midweek will suddenly feel a lot more daunting and pressured now. They've lost their air of invincibility and Cheltenham will be fancying their chances of a result.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024